Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CPEX] Jin Questions and Answers

BBCP_Header_Q&A_Thread.png

Q & A
  • Keep the questions relevant to CPEX/Jin Gameplay
  • There are no dumb questions, only dumb people, ask away.

Can anyone help me with this combo?  6a-RC-5c-2c-6c-2d-55c-6c-214b(w)~c-2b-5c-2c-sj-air ender [3420]

I can never land the 2b after ice car whiff C

The easier variation to that combo is...

6A RC, 66 5C > 2C > 6C > 2D, (delayed) 66 5C > 2C > (delayed) 6C > 214B~C, 2B > 5C > Air Combo

Basically you have to delay the dashing 5C as much as possible and then slightly delay the last 6C after the 2C. You might have to omit the first 2C to get the air combo to work properly, I'll test it when I get home tonight. 

No prob, that combo is a bit tricky, I still mess it up from time to time lol.

How does jin's 214B~C knockdown work? I often have problems with dealing with rolls and delay tech.

How does jin's 214B~C knockdown work? I often have problems with dealing with rolls and delay tech.

For corner 5b5c3c214b~c, 2a will catch out of corner rolls and you'll recover before any regular/delay tech and then you can throw out any normal on reaction.

When doing real combos into xx 623c 5b(1) 3c 214b~c, all I have to say after 1 hour of dicking around in training mode is: it's very character specific. Some characters get tagged by everything (2a, 5b, 5c), some characters go straight through 2a or 5b or both. The only thing that seems to be universal is 5c, but I haven't tried every single character so I'm not 100% on that. I recommend just going to training mode, setting a dummy to roll and then screwing around with it.

Midscreen is small dash 2b for back rolls, character specific 5b/2b or universal 5c for forward rolls. 5c catches some (all?) back rolls too, but it's impossible to follow up with a combo, unless you RC or OD for it, since it hits in the air super far away.

Is midscreen sekkajin a safe jump set up?

I haven't tried every single DP, but it seems to work if you don't dash and do 2b sekkajin airdash j2c. I haven't tried 2b 5b sekkajin but it should also work. Timing is finicky though, there's a slight delay between the sekkajin and the airdash. If you do it too early your j2c will just whiff and if you do it too late you'll eat the DP.

http://a.pomf.se/nsysqp.webm (included the last replay to show that j2c does hit when not dping)

edit: tried 662b 5b sekkajin, you still get safejump j2c (and you don't have to airdash because you're very close) but it loses to both rolls instead of just one

Pretty sure delay tech or forward roll can beat that, not really worth the risk. I'd personally go for the assured damaging options.

yup to forward roll, not really to delay tech (back roll loses though). it's a situational gimmick at best but I could see myself using it once or twice in a set to see if the opponent knows it.

I'm trying to get this combo down:

5B > 5C > 623D > dash 2B > 5C > 6C > 214B(w)~C > 662B > 5B > 22C

Having a bit of trouble landing that 662B, though I did get it a few times it seemed random. Do you have to delay the 5C as much as you can and then the 6C slightly like in that 6A(RC) combo?

Why does 5B, purple grab TRM so much? What is the opponent trying to do?

Its because they were probably expecting throw earlier. Ex. If you condition someone to expect throw after 2A, you can take advantage of that by going after how they deal with throws. If they input BC to tech throw, you can ch them with 6B. If they os throw you can just change the timing of your throw, and trm them which 5B purple throw does. It looks like 2A(they attempt to tech throw)5B throw(they get thrown during the time they can't break the throw,trm.)

Edit: The technical info is on the wiki.

Why does 5B, purple grab TRM so much? What is the opponent trying to do?

Because 5B>purple throw beats fuzzy jump (if the opponent try to do fuzzy jump to that he/she will get TRM).

Does Jin have any apparent weaknesses or bad matchups that I should be concerned about? People tell me he is broken as hell in this version. I don't know for sure. .

He has a hard time against Valk. Jin's good, very good but only if your fundamentals are as well.

Well, I was going to try to main platinum. But, no point playing a character that has no chance to win, right? All the characters I like tend to be low tier apparently..

Well, I was going to try to main platinum. But, no point playing a character that has no chance to win, right? All the characters I like tend to be low tier apparently..

Don't think like that. Play who you like. Jin may be top tier but one of the best Jins still got perfected by a Terumi. You're character won't win you the match, you will.... Unless you play valkenhyn. All those mix ups -_-

Don't think like that. Play who you like. Jin may be top tier but one of the best Jins still got perfected by a Terumi. You're character won't win you the match, you will.... Unless you play valkenhyn. All those mix ups -_-

I'll take your word for it. Thanks :3

Plat is actually not that bad in this version, she might be low tier but she's not in the "can't win with this character" tier. Take it from a Plat main (sub-main?) who has played her since CSII. 

How high or low does the opponent have to be for either 5B(1)>Sekkaijin or 5B(2)>Sekkaijin after a corner 623C combo?