Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CPEX] Jin Questions and Answers

Ok, the new BnB is annoying me; I already know the opponent has to be high enough for there to be enough time for the dash 2B pickup, but I cannot seem to get them high enough before they tech right before the second hit of Musou or they're too low for the dash 2B pickup. 

CO 5B>5C>2C>6C>2D, 66 5C>2C>6C>214B~C, 66 2B>5C(jc)>j.C>j.2C(jc)>j.C>j.214C

I've had no luck getting this to land consistency and I do not like forfeiting damage if I can get it, so is there something else i need to know to get this to land?

EDIT: Ya know what, I just figured I'll just grind my dashing speed and see how that works.

The trick is in delaying the 66 5C as much as possible. So once again, that combo looks like 5B > 5C > 2C > 6C > 2D, (Delayed) 66 5C > 2C > (slight delay) 6C > 214B~C, 66 2B > Air Combo/5B > 22C.

It easier to land it on characters with big hit-boxes such as Ragna or Azrael but it's a bit tricky with characters with smaller hit-boxes like Litchi. Again, the trick is in delaying the 66 5C as much as you possibly can. If you don't then you'll have to slightly delay the 214B~C follow-up a bit. You're going to have to grind this combo a lot, these 214B~C pick-ups are definitely tricky.

Just got the US version yesterday.  I can land whiff 214B~C combos reasonably well, but one thing I am having trouble with is 623D.  I can't figure out how I'm supposed to run and pickup with 3C after a raw hit from it, there is so much recovery after the 2nd hit.  And my corner combo success with it is iffy at best.  Is there an optimal height I'm supposed to hit them with or is the timing just that strict?

EDIT:  Nevermind, I figured it out.  Just need to let 2nd hit of 623D come out as soon as possible midscreen and hit them at the highest point possible in the corner.  I'm so used to delaying stuff I don't try using things as soon as possible.

Now I need to get used to the shorter OD...

Hey fellas, I was wondering what changes have been made to Jin in this version that make everyone think he's god mode(in jp anyways)

There is a trick to OD after 2D.  You have to input up or diagonal up right after 2D to start a jump cancel but then immediately OD before you leave the ground.  That lets you get a normal OD instead of a cancel OD after 2D; without the jump cancel you are still in recovery frames and it becomes a shorter cancel OD.

Ok so i've been away from blazblue for a while since guilty gear xrd came out, i always keep a little look on blazblue and after all the changes i heard about jin  "which i hated most if not all of them" i taught he would be terrible but come to find out most Japanese top players have him rank s class? can some one please tell me the points on what makes him so good and if already answer please link me to thread thank you. 

I'll keep this as brief as possible...

1. He gets high damage off most confirms thanks to his EX/25 Heat moves.

2. He has some pretty decent normals, which translate to a pretty decent neutral game. 

3. His DP D is a strong reversal and his DP C keeps opponents guessing when DP D is unavailable.

4. Pretty decent ways to reset pressure and his block strings are relatively safe.

He basically has everything you would want in a character: decent-high damage, decent neutral game, decent-strong defensive options, relatively safe pressure. His only weak point is his relatively simple mix-up but it's not too bad once you get 25+ Heat and gain access to TK Hizangeki and 6A RC. 

Hey, noob question here. When I use Touga Hyojin, sometimes it whiffs on people when they're too close - does it have a minimum range it has to be used at? I was going to edit the CPE entry on it a little to say that, but checking to make sure it's true first is infinitely better than unknowingly spreading false information. Thank you!

That's been a glitch since CT, apparently it doesn't hit completely if the arrow hits them high enough. Generally you want them not too high when you use Touga.

Oh, thank you. Isn't the Arrow Hiyoku, though? I'll remember that, I was just curious about the wave, since I've whiffed with it sometimes when my opponent is right next to me. If I've screwed up the names, I apologize. Thank you for the advice, though, I'll remember it!

Actually I got it wrong lol, Hyoku is the Arrow and Touga is the wave. My fault.

Well in that case, I don't even know, I wasn't aware Touga whiffs at any range.

In general you want to use the Ice Arrow as a combo finisher when the opponent is near you or in the corner. You would use Ice Wave when the opponent is far away from you and as a mid-screen combo finisher. 

Well, I ended up finding my answer. Normally it shouldn't matter most of the time, but if you're right next to your opponent, the sword and wave will miss, but they need to be in throw range to do it, so it's better just to use the Ice Arrow. Thanks!

Is there a way to make people stop disrespecting my pressure, especially after a blocked 2D? Especially characters with great backdashes like Nu, Lambda, Azrael, etc. Whenever I try to run in with a 2A, they just backdash and hit me with something and we reset back to neutral if I'm lucky.

Is there a way to make people stop disrespecting my pressure, especially after a blocked 2D? Especially characters with great backdashes like Nu, Lambda, Azrael, etc. Whenever I try to run in with a 2A, they just backdash and hit me with something and we reset back to neutral if I'm lucky.

There really isn't much you can do after a blocked 2D if it's at near max or max range unless you want to do a gimmicky 214D to pursue them at your own risk (not very good unless you are desperate or rarely when playing back dash heavy characters like Nu, Mu and Lambda).  Any closer (around the middle of the ice blade that appears) than that and you can try dashing 5C to catch them sometimes or just use 5B if you catch them on the inside of the ice blade to try pulling them closer to you, but at that distance, you could get mashed out by some characters (Hakumen comes to mind).

Jin's pressure isn't super solid compared to rushdown characters.  He relies on his range, gimmicks and frame traps almost as much as his basic pressure game.  Delay certain moves to catch the opponent's attempt to counter and mix things up with your dash in pressure and pressure strings a bit, such as omitting a move from your string, extending one with a projectile or an EX move if you can afford it, etc.  You may want to watch some videos of Jin in action to get a better feel for it if you are having trouble with it, especially matchups against Lambda, Mu and Nu if you have trouble with them.

There really isn't much you can do after a blocked 2D if it's at near max or max range unless you want to do a gimmicky 214D to pursue them at your own risk (not very good unless you are desperate or rarely when playing back dash heavy characters like Nu, Mu and Lambda).  Any closer (around the middle of the ice blade that appears) than that and you can try dashing 5C to catch them sometimes or just use 5B if you catch them on the inside of the ice blade to try pulling them closer to you, but at that distance, you could get mashed out by some characters (Hakumen comes to mind).

Jin's pressure isn't super solid compared to rushdown characters.  He relies on his range, gimmicks and frame traps almost as much as his basic pressure game.  Delay certain moves to catch the opponent's attempt to counter and mix things up with your dash in pressure and pressure strings a bit, such as omitting a move from your string, extending one with a projectile or an EX move if you can afford it, etc.  You may want to watch some videos of Jin in action to get a better feel for it if you are having trouble with it, especially matchups against Lambda, Mu and Nu if you have trouble with them.

It's pretty much around max range, I believe. Generally it's after a 5B > 5C or 5C > 2C. But yeah, I figured it'd be more rough to pressure considering the nerfs we got in this version. That, along with me not really watching any videos like I used to made me worse off in the long-run. I'll try those out when I get in the situation again though. Thanks for the advice.

How do I punish counter assaults on 5B? I have faced opponents that will always use them when I use this move and I'm not sure how to call them out on that.

Dunno if this has ever been brought up before, but today while I was playing casuals with a friend, I used 5B > 5C in a blockstring at point-blank range against my friend's Ragna. He did a counter-assault right after I did 5B, and my 5C ended up going right through him, but his CA did not hit me back.

Is there some weird hitbox thing going on with Jin's 5C or Ragna's CA or something?

It's just part of small hitbox/hurtbox interaction and the like, so occasionally you'll end up seeing stuff like that with characters.

It's not super common to see though kind of one of those things that just "happens"