Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moom9

[CPEX] Taokaka Combo Thread

BBCP_Header_Combo_Thread.png

I was looking for a combo thread but i couldnt find anything cpex-related .

So guys lets share our best combos !

" im still very new to cpex tao so i cant help atm " .

Thanks and sorry

http://horibuna.web.fc2.com/BBCP/BBCP_TK.html

Go down to the very last category, labelled "タオカカxその他".

All of them except for the first one are vids showing her new stuff. Tao is a very complex character in terms of combos and confirms, and she's not very popular in Extend, so you're probably going to have to do most of the homework yourself.

1.) Hey guys, so I'm having an annoying problem with this particular combo:

*any long starter into an air combo* -> 5D~6 -> j.5D~6 -> j.4D~C -> 66 -> j.2D~B -> *truncated*

I'm particularly annoyed because sometimes I hit the j.2D~B, sometimes it whiffs. The vids I see of players using this combo seem like they always get this successfully but I'm inconsistent at it for some reason. I've tried a lot of things; altering the delay, the height, etc. I still can't figure out how to get this combo consistently.

The only time I get this consistently is when they're already in the corner after the j.4D~C, because I don't actually need to input the 66 and can go straight into j.2D~B.

Sample: air hit 6A(2) -> (5C if near ground) -> jfc -> j.5B (2) 5D~6 -> j.5D~6 -> j.4D~C -> 66 -> (corner) j.2D~B -> 6A(2) -> jbc -> j.236BBBBB -> land -> 6C -> 6D~B -> 3C(3)

I go into training mode and I get this like, 50% of the time only, which is annoying.

2.) Also, does anyone know what's the best corner 2A 2B 5B combo? Doing 3C(3) 2B 6A(2) jbc j.236BBBBB 6C doesn't work on a lot of characters. Starting it with 2B is way easier because you can insert a 6C 236[C]C after the 6A(2), but 2B comes out pretty slow at point blank and recovers really slowly so it's vulnerable to delayed tech and stuff.

3.) Can anyone give me hints as to how the j.2B lockdown -> land -> jf -> fuzzy guard j.5A actually works? It seems to be a common Taokaka reset that everyone's using, but when I was trying it yesterday (against a Ragna player, so I know it should work properly), while I do get the j.2B safe jump to block his ID attempts, when I do get him blocking, he was already crouching when I go for the next j.5A. I seem to be getting out the forward jump a bit too slow compared to what I see in matchvids, and I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong; I'm arleady holding 9 after the j.2B comes out so I'm making sure I'm jumping as fast as I can, right?

sometimes I hit the j.2D~B, sometimes it whiffs. The vids I see of players using this combo seem like they always get this successfully

Sample: air hit 6A(2) -> (5C if near ground) -> jfc -> j.5B (2) 5D~6 -> j.5D~6 -> j.4D~C -> 66 -> (corner) j.2D~B -> 6A(2) -> jbc -> j.236BBBBB -> land -> 6C -> 6D~B -> 3C(3)

i think this combo is very situational, height dependent and hard, maybe firstly u need something more easy but reliable? or u gonna spend >10000 hours in training mode with this combo no result

for the sampled combo try instead 6A(2)-sj.B(2)-j4DC-airdash-j2DB-6A(2)-j236B(full)-6C-6DB-3C

what's the best corner 2A 2B 5B combo?

u can try 2B-6A(2)-6C-236CC

or 2A- 236A-5D6- j2D6 - j4DA , but u lose j236B part here (

and look here http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24919409   01:10

2B-5B-3C-2B-6A(2)-6C-236[C]C- 9j236B(4)u need to get specific animation of 'pause' beetween B attack or the rest wont connect-6C-6DB-3C

also this player doesnt even try to contunue 2A-2B-2B-3C on Platinum if she was someway far from the corner ((( seems u cant land many combos on small char

Well me myself hate char-specifics, so im looking for most optimal and damaging combo that will connect on anyone

Well guys, im having really bad time now with one of her most needed combos in corner
stuff-5C-6C-236CC then there are several variants
1) 9j5DC-j2DA
2) 9j5DC-j2DB
then u do 6A(2) (with optional microdash i guess???) - 7j.236Bx5-6C-6DB-3C
either 1 or 2 should connect, and work good on both ragna and platinum, but i`m really not so good at these combos right now, so i ask all interested in Tao to chek this out, we need figure out what connects best, write down damage as well pls!

-> jfc -> j.5B (2) 5D~6

This is very character specific, you should learn the universal route. 

I will contribute once I've made a proper exploration against every character for all the things I have. Some of the combos here are pretty unopted.

against every character

well basically u dont need to test agains every character lol
for tao`s combos only 3 size charts matter - 1) chars on which u able to land jA-jB(2)-jC route - like Ragna, Jin  2) smaller chars like Kokonoe, Karl, Platinum 3) Tager
so we`re looking for optimum combos for 1 and 2 variants to be landed no problem

once I've made a proper exploration

Thank u! i appreciate ur help! 

really waiting for 236CC corner stuff maximum damage route help in the first place -_-

So I just want to point out how the jump loop ender works real quick. Against certain characters you'll need to vary the route, but that's whatever, I wanna talk about the j.2B ender.

whenever you go for the rep where proration is going to kick in, do j.A > j.B(1) > j.2B and that j.2B is going to be a safejump. Afterwards you have a lot of stupid options, the main one being fuzzy high/low. You can do 2A or 2B outright for the low option, and for the high you do j.A. In order to make that j.A work as a fuzzy guard, you'll need to do a microdash into a neutral jump. It'll connect fuzzy, and you can j.B after to make the confirm work. The after confirm needs to be tested on everybody, but it works on anybody you would jump loop normally.

You get other options as well, like delaying j.2B so that it whiffs then you go low, or things like j.A > j.B > j.C > 66 > j.B(1) > j.2B cross up, etc and other reset shenanigans that get you more reward, but are riskier and just not as tight.

A lot of the combos in that doc need work.

whenever you go for the rep where proration is going to kick in, do j.A > j.B(1) > j.2B and that j.2B is going to be a safejump.

This is what I go for, very important to know. 

Thank u! i appreciate ur help! 

Sure, it will be ready by tonight. 

I mainly play Hazama, but Tao was my original main and I plan to pick her up and learn some stuff in this version of the game. I'll contribute anything I find when I get a chance to mess around with her and figure out any thing that hasn't already been discussed or discovered. Until then!

So I just want to point out how the jump loop ender works real quick. Against certain characters you'll need to vary the route, but that's whatever, I wanna talk about the j.2B ender.

whenever you go for the rep where proration is going to kick in, do j.A > j.B(1) > j.2B and that j.2B is going to be a safejump. Afterwards you have a lot of stupid options, the main one being fuzzy high/low. You can do 2A or 2B outright for the low option, and for the high you do j.A. In order to make that j.A work as a fuzzy guard, you'll need to do a microdash into a neutral jump. It'll connect fuzzy, and you can j.B after to make the confirm work. The after confirm needs to be tested on everybody, but it works on anybody you would jump loop normally.

You get other options as well, like delaying j.2B so that it whiffs then you go low, or things like j.A > j.B > j.C > 66 > j.B(1) > j.2B cross up, etc and other reset shenanigans that get you more reward, but are riskier and just not as tight.

A lot of the combos in that doc need work.

Crap, so the input is actually something like

(last loop) j.A j.B(1) j.2B -> 4 (to block DPs) -> 669 -> j.A all in a really swift motion? Bad timing for me to be having thumb problems...

Haven't tried it yet, but I never noticed the microdash when I was watching vids. Probably means my thumbs are just really slow then.

It's interesting to note that, if j.2B hits anyway, the 4669 j.A will probably connect and you just gave yourself a long starter combo, si that right?

Also,

or things like j.A > j.B > j.C > 66 > j.B(1) > j.2B cross up, etc

Is j.C airdash cancellable now? I remember that j.C can only be cancelled by a jump, so it's actually j.C -> 96.

This is very character specific, you should learn the universal route. 

I didn't even know this was character specific; it seemed to work on all the characters I tried it on at least, though so far it's only been Ragna, Lambda, Mu, Makoto, though still with the very inconsistent rate I get it like I stated earlier.

Also, I didn't even know there was a universal route? If I really can't land it, I just go "screw it" and just do the j.5D~6 -> j.4D~A whiff ender lol

Also does anyone have midscreen grab combos?

EDIT: btw, going back to the j.A j.B ender thing, we all know by now that certain characters need the delay to land the j.B, but has anyone actually made it work where the characters that need the delay actually get hit by the j.2B reset after? On the characters that have the delay, I found that j.2B doesn't go into its active frames before I land, so I end up in what looks like a +0 situation on landing, and that's bad.

EDIT2: On the OD enders, I thought that as long as the 236236D lands its first hit, I get the combo, but the combo somehow drops while in the middle of the Hexa Edge. Anyone have any idea why? I'm talking about coming from the simple 236[C] x N -> 236C -> 236C -> 236236D ender.

does she have any better standing combos than the jump loop ?

u cant find anything better in terms of damage and mixup potential, so no, she doesnt
the best u can do for standing is 5B-5C-3C-236A,B

...so does anyone have this so called 'universal route' for air juggles?

Also, I have been practicing the 668 all day and MAN my thumbs hurt. I might actually have to go dual-mode for this, since it's much easier to do on a d-pad. (I'm a pad player but use the analog, although there is another fighting game I play where I dual-mode)

Sorry for being a little late, things came up but I've finished what could be a beginning for everyone's who are looking to start playing Tao. (?)

I have learned that Arakune is a pain to combo but the rest are fine, also find this iteration of Tao the hardest one in terms of execution.
For Arakune you want to shorten your combo after 236cc and instantly go for j236b(5). His wallstick animation is horrible for us so you need to wallstick him as close to the ground as possible in order for 6c to connect. Thankfully we can loop him very easily atleast.

For midscreen I use taunt route to get my KD. (You kinda have to)

Her damage mostly come from 2c punishes, on crouchers she generelly get ~3.2k
On standing we take advantage of her loop and the options she receives with fuzzy/highlow/leftright
Her OD is the truest of round steal with 236[C] loop.
Anyway to the combo section, these combos I've crafted are solely based on getting KD + OKI.

Crouching:

2b starter
mid to corner/corner
2b 5b 5c 2c 6c 236cc j.4d© 66j.2d(b) 6a j.236b(5) 6c 6d(b) 3c 3130 dmg

Corner Arakune route: 2b 5b 3c OTG 2b 6a 6c 236cc j236b 6c 6d(b) 3c (What's important in this route is that you need to delay 236c a little so hold it down slightly before you let go. It's a good habit to learn so try using it on everyone so Arakune won't be a hassle when you do fight him.)

6a AA:

Mid to corner
6a jc j235b(2) j.d(6) j.4d© 66j.b(2) 236b(2) j2d(b) 5c j236b(5) 6c 6d(b) 3c 3212dmg (On CH you can skip j.c to j236b after 6a. It will get you more damage by going 6a > j.d  instead)

Corner Side switch:
6a j236b(1) j.d(6) j4d© 66jb(2) j236b(2) j.2d(b) 5c j236b 6c 6d(b) 3c 3055 dmg (On CH you can skip j236b(1) and go j.d if positioned well you delay j4d to get the side switch and more damage)

Punish 2c CH
mid into corner
2c 6[C] 236[CC] j.d(6) j4d© 66j.2d(b) 6a j236b(5) 6c 6d(b) 3c 5012dmg / 3c(2) 236236d 5823 dmg

if you wont reach corner use this or take side switch route. OR IF ARAKUNE.
2c 6[C] 236[C](2) j.d(6) j4d© 66j.2d(b) TAUNT(1) 236c(1) 3624 dmg

Corner:
2c 6[C] 236cc j.d(6) j4d© 66j.2d(b) 6a j236b(5) 6c 6d(b) 3c 4658dmg / 3c(2) 236236d 5477 dmg

2c 6[C] CT 6c 236cc j.d(6) j236b(5) 6c 6d(b) 3c 5389dmg / 3c(2) 236236d 6235 dmg

Tao loops:

2b 5b j.a j.b(2) jc:
Relius, Amane, Hakumen, Jin, Rachel, Valk, Arakune, Tager, Bang, Litchi, Noel

2b 5b j.a j.b(1) jc:
v13, lambda, Izayoi, Carl, Terumi, Azrael, Ragna, Haz, m12, Makoto, Tsubaki

2b 5b 5c jb(2) jc:
Celica

2b 5b 5c jb(1) j.a j.b(1)

Kagura, Koko, Bullet - These characters are living hell to loop but I managed to find a way lol. You need to delay rising j.b and falling j.a and this timing is very very VERY tight so I wouldn't recommend going for this loop in an actual match.

Rip loop:
Plat

I think from this you should get the general idea of how her combos work, but if there's anything specific please let me know.
I'm not that active on DL but you can easily reach me at @HiariFfs ~Twitter

2b 5b 5c 2c 6c 236cc j.4d© 66j.2d(b) 6a j.236b(5) 6c 6d(b) 3c 3130 dmg

Might want to clarify that this only works crouching. 5C->2c->6C doesn't work otherwise.

2b 5b j.a j.b(2) jc:

Relius, Amane, Hakumen, Jin, Rachel, Valk, Arakune, Tager, Bang, Litchi, Noel

2b 5b j.a j.b(1) jc:

v13, lambda, Izayoi, Carl, Terumi, Azrael, Ragna, Haz, m12, Makoto, Tsubaki

I'm doing j.b(2) on Ragna. I don't see much of a difference?

Also, I'd like to add something:

6A corner anti-air hit

6A (2) 6C -> 236[CC] -> jc -> j.5D~C -> j.2D~A -> 6A (2) -> delay if needed -> jbc -> j.236BBBBB -> 6C -> 6D~B -> 3C (~377x)

Haven't checked if it goes wonky on Arakune.

...also, does anyone have 2A combos? :/

combo

thanks for nice post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i must admit that u miss important thing - for corner j.236B(5) into wall splat the input is always 7j.236B, otherwise it just wouldnt work  (maybe its why u had problems with arakune?)

for char specific loop - it all is very complacated, and. as u stated u should delay, and so on on characters as Mu12, Lambda11, Nu13, Platinum, Kokonoe, Izayoi, Karl, Celica, Makoto, Bullet, Azrael, Kagura, Tsubaki
And i must say - to keep al that specific MU shit in mind, and dont drop it - its a hell
and in all Jap videos i`ve seen that players dont bother and just go  5C-3C(2)-236A,B route for standing confirm

Quick thing, off 2B crouching instead of like 2C > 6C > etc just do 5C > 6C > 236CC > j.D~6 > j.4D(2)~C etc

Arakune works same as everybody else, I hold down on 236C every time I need to do it in corner routes to adjust height anyways.

There a few alternate roues in the corner to let you get different oki than 3C ender for less damage, sometimes it's worth. Ending in j.4D(1) off things like a 2A starter lets you do wonky stuff, like:

2A > 2B > 5B > 3C > 3C(2) > 236A > 5D~6 > j.2D~6 > j.4d(1)~(cancel) let's you get weird safejump or corner cross up shenanigans.

for chars that require delay j.B(1) in jump loops, you can do 5C > delay j.B(1) > j.2B to do the fuzzy reset at the end of the loop a bit easier on most of them(robots, Makoto, couple others I forget cause sleep). You can even do like 2B > 5B > j.B(1) > j.C > 2B if you want to on most of them.

Her routes are flexible enough though that unless you're trying to do wallstick stuff you can kind of do whatever the hell you want, so go nuts.  Even then you can still get all sorts of things, top of the screen j.B(2) > j.2D~A > 6A > etc let's you carry halfway across the screen and get wallstick ender still.

These 2 vids cover most of her combo PARTS, but not a lot of them are optimal. They give you ideas of how to get enders and what to do with them, and you can piece together more optimal routes just using these little pieces as a baseline:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25582336

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25607753

Might want to clarify that this only works crouching. 5C->2c->6C doesn't work otherwise.

But I did specify it.

i must admit that u miss important thing - for corner j.236B(5) into wall splat the input is always 7j.236B, otherwise it just wouldnt work (maybe its why u had problems with arakune?)

That's me being sloppy in writing inputs.

Arakune works same as everybody else, I hold down on 236C every time I need to do it in corner routes to adjust height anyways.

For combos when you need to do 7j236b after 6a it's alot different on Arakune from what I'm experiencing, This is solved on many characters by slightly delaying 7236b to adjust the height for 6c to connect.. except for Arakune. When taking 6a > 6c routes he's pretty the same yes.

for chars that require delay j.B(1) in jump loops, you can do 5C > delay j.B(1) > j.2B to do the fuzzy reset at the end of the loop a bit easier on most of them(robots, Makoto, couple others I forget cause sleep). You can even do like 2B > 5B > j.B(1) > j.C > 2B if you want to on most of them.

I was only noting down what works on what characters, ofcourse everyone are free to do what they wanna go for but I'm pretty certain 5b > j.b(1) doesn't combo and reset is only gonna work if they are standing up not blocking. Am I wrong?

I'm aware of the different oki options she got, I just wanted to keep it simple with my post. I also encourage self exploration, good for growth.

Disclaimer: Not wanna tell you to follow my stuff like a bible, it was mostly to give a general ideá. Discard it or make use of it, completely up to you.

Oh no your stuff is fine. I meant 5B > 5C > j.B(1), that is a typo. Arakune has a slightly different timing, but it's like a varied delay to get it just right, nothing major. Noel actually has the same deal, where if you delay the j.236B too much, she falls out of like the 3rd hit for whatever reason. The same timing that lets you follow up on j.236B without major delay works on everybody I've tested so far including them, but if you do the longer delay which makes follow ups easier they fall out, which just makes things tighter. On high proration stuff it's just a pain lol 6C connects at /ludicrous/ heights so if you adjust the height in the combo earlier with some delays, it makes the specific j.236B timing easier, even if it catches them higher.

Wasn't criticizing your post really, was adding some notes to what you got.

5B -> 5C -> j.B(1) works on the characters that need the delayed j.B(1)? I'll check that out later then

As for the delay on the j.236B stuff, I found that it's really height dependent and character dependent, depending on how high the character is. Also, people are right here when they say that different characters have different wallstick heights after they get hit by the last hit, so I think it just really comes down to experience. Thankfully, it's not too difficult to judge, but it can get a bit annoying at times. If the j.236B is delayed too much, right, they do drop out in the middle of it because of being too low, while if it's done too early then they become too high and 6C won't connect... we just have to make sure they're just at the right height.

Again, height on their wallstick is actually pretty variable and it's usually okay if they end up too high. If they end up real high though, it probably means Taokaka ended j.236B too high off the ground to get the follow up with where the combo timer or proration is at. I've literally wallstuck chars almost off the screen and 6C still connects because the combo wasn't far in the timer or heavily prorated. Taokaka being further away from the corner also helps the hitbox collide with higher up sticks, which is easier to get at low height.

5B -> 5C -> j.B(1) works on the characters that need the delayed j.B(1)? I'll check that out later then

Not everybody. Robots, Makoto, Tsubaki, Izayoi. For Terumi and Haz, you can just do j.A > j.B(1) > j.2B very easily still, same for the Tsubakis but they're a bit shorter. Also you can totes do j.B(2) on Ragna, just noticed that.