Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catastrophy

[CT] Iron Tager vs. v-13

Sledge B helps me get in range but once the Nu starts figuring out how good 6C is I start getting shoved across the screen. I usually win if I get a 720 anywhere in the match but that's not against good Nu's. I know the matchup is supposed to be ugly but can anyone offer this weak American some real Soviet tips?

try your best to land that spark thing. Thats about it, I find Nu very unbalanced in this game. Its kinda annoying and ruins it completely. Not that she's amazingly good, but its not hard to be effective with her.

It all depends on the V-13 player. Sledge through everything and land shots when you can. Try to use XYH's invincibility as much as you can and be patient. Once she is magnetized, its over.

If you look at mike z's match you'll notice a big reason he lost is because he got whiff punished for doing 236B from too far away. nu would wait for it and punish the whiff with 5D combo so basically, if the Nu player shows that she can reliably whiff punish you for spamming 236B from too far out you gonna have to refrain from doing it unless you're in range.

I was having that problem to. Trying to gain ground constantly with 236B and just getting punished on the Wiff. I just try to time 236A instead and if she throws the low blade I do a j.c to gain more ground.

If you can't touch her with BSledge, use sj.C to get in instead, which I only learned to do after that match. LOL You will have to block on the way down, but you get somewhat closer. If you are feeling ballsy, you can sj.C, falling j.B. The j.B will clash with her sword, and you can j.C out of it. The 2nd sword will miss, and you got eeeeven closer!

how effective do you think it would be to do sledge right when landing from a jump? if she tries to attack your landing maybe it will beat her projectiles? just an idea

how much landing recovery is there from jumping? his sledge autoguards projectiles starting from frame 1 according to the data so as long as the landing recovery isn't too bad it might work

DBL POAST because I think this match is good for reference

mikeZ tager vs goryus v13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Dwd9n7-fU

notice mikeZ will sometimes go for a superjump C after landing 623C in order to keep close to v13 rather than going for the standard 6C followup. seems like a smart idea (and he even lands a sweet 720 cause of it)

this video doesn't make me any happier to play Tager. That Nu player didn't even really do anything special.

Goryus didnt do anything special.

HAR HAR

Hardest Matchup in the game is hard.

I've been having serious issues with a friend's Nu (no surprise right?). During her driver-blade combo from the ground (DD-->4DD-->236D) I finally managed to get the timing down to where I can sledge B during it to try and close the gap. Unfortunately all he does when he sees the sledge start up is dash in for a 3C. Just when I finally thought I had something on Nu it was taken away! Any ideas on how to improve this? or completely forget Sledge B during that combo?

After watching Mike Z's vids against Nu i've figured that it's mainly patience and getting your sledges into the proper range. Use the aerial C's to get a false airdash and close the gap (watch out for that quick-ass air claw thing) and learn the block pattern of those annoying drive combos. Tager isn't handed anything in this game... I almost wish he did more damage to make up for the lack of hits we get to land.

After watching Mike Z's vids against Nu i've figured that it's mainly patience and getting your sledges into the proper range. Use the aerial C's to get a false airdash and close the gap (watch out for that quick-ass air claw thing) and learn the block pattern of those annoying drive combos.

Tager isn't handed anything in this game... I almost wish he did more damage to make up for the lack of hits we get to land.

His basic 4 hit combo does 65% base damage to Nu and ~70-75% if its a counter hit. How can you ask for anything more? A free one hit kill? After Im bursted one Tager buster does 70% damage and a Genesis Emerald is a one hit kill. Even without those its most of your life gone.

EDIT: More research on life distribution needed ignore until further notice

As everyone else has stated, its patience and looking for holes/slip-ups against Nu players. If one comes, exploit it with everything you've got.

His basic 4 hit combo does 65% base damage to Nu and ~70-75% if its a counter hit. How can you ask for anything more? A free one hit kill? After Im bursted one Tager buster does 70% damage and a Genesis Emerald is a one hit kill. Even without those its most of your life gone.

As everyone else has stated, its patience and looking for holes/slip-ups against Nu players. If one comes, exploit it with everything you've got.

That's actually not true, it just seems that way because of how Nu's hp is distributed.

No one can be 1hkoed by the genesic emerald tager buster unless they have negative penalty. Nu's Hp is not That bad.

That's actually not true, it just seems that way because of how Nu's hp is distributed.

No one can be 1hkoed by the genesic emerald tager buster unless they have negative penalty. Nu's Hp is not That bad.

Im afraid I dont follow you, I understand the Negative Penalty part, but HP is distributed the same for all characters isnt it with some characters just having more then others? When training/playing with my friend, one basic combo from Tager took away ~65%. Now did it actually DO 6500/10000 of Nus life, probably not, the fact I was trying to make was, one slip-up from Nu against Tager = almost certain death in most instances.

Im afraid I dont follow you, I understand the Negative Penalty part, but HP is distributed the same for all characters isnt it with some characters just having more then others? When training/playing with my friend, one basic combo from Tager took away ~65%. Now did it actually DO 6500/10000 of Nus life, probably not, the fact I was trying to make was, one slip-up from Nu against Tager = almost certain death in most instances.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/blazblue/pages/01/#hb

Look at the hp section. the last 20% of her hp bar holds over 1/3 of her hp. Genesic emerald tager buster does about 5600 damage, plus barrier bust it does around 8400, meaning it can't ohko Anyone, even carl without negative penalty. Test it in training mode

Ranga and Nu have the same hp, hit both of them with the same thing, their health bars will look different, but they'll have the same hp left.

In my experience Nu has to slip up at east twice for me to have a shot at koing her. Burst and all. 3 times if she bursts well, which she should be used to to protect her hp.

Okay I got it I didn't know hp bars were distributed that way, even so, 2 whiffs from nu = death by a good tager player.

Okay I got it I didn't know hp bars were distributed that way, even so, 2 whiffs from nu = death by a good tager player.

Well, they'd have to be 2 Reallly big whiffs or he'd need gauge and a shot. and you'd have to either not burst or burst into a MTW in one of them. Nu tends to spend a lot of time very far away from Tager.

So I guess you are technically correct, 2 whiffs can end it, but a lot of whiffs just give tager the ability to move into a range in which a whiff Could be punished. It's not like the match is suddenly even because tager can do 5000+ damage combos/720s

what is tager supposed to punish whiffs with anyway? all his stuff with some range on it has crappy speed

jumping or walking :( relevant question: what is the best way to take advantage of a nu that does spinny ground sword at inopportune moments (like say, every time after a 5DD 6DD or w/e), can you trade with spark bolt and combo consistently? or is jump the best option unless your in sledge range.