Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catastrophy

[CT] Iron Tager vs. v-13

ahh, I see, I didn't know that! I always just end up using landed sledges it to reset pressure/magnetism ]: well, if our local Nu player comes over I'll see what can be done off of sledge against her

This match is extremely tough versus a Nu who knows what the hell they're doing. Sledging like an idiot will get you killed. If the Nu just wants to sit there and wait for you to make the first move, good luck getting in on Nu. Nu controls this match completely. Only thing you can hope to do is capitalize on a mistake. Best thing to gain ground is to jump or super jump and immediately barrier to gain ground until you are within sledge range. Do not sledge your way through unless you're completely sure you can hit her (even if she blocks it) with the end of the animation or if you feel Nu is already committed to her :dbt: :dbt: crap and you can get two sledges off. If you got one of those idiots cornered and try to air dash over you and start the whole process again, I try to predict it and jump and air grab or knock Nu out of the air with some aerial pokes if possible. Also, if you see Nu throw out her horizontal distortion drive, barrier that bitch and if she rushes at you while you're in block stun, block low and watch for an overhead and expect a throw. I rarely barrier burst this match, because you're screwed without a barrier. No more jumping and blocking the :dbt: spam anymore. It's just a really retarded match-up and needs some tuning from Arksys. It's not very fun and feels dumbed down.

You need barrier to block her D moves? I've been doing it without barrier this whole time, is it just specific D moves? Edit. I tested it in training mode and with stagger recovery on I can still sledge into 2B. I can only imagine you were slow or that a human might be abl to stagger recover faster than the training option, in which case it was not because it was Nu. Well, or you were too far away. Is just the 2C missing or are they recovering? We need more details.

the 2c whiffs because shes small, you can do it point blank but odds are you arent point blank! im not having trouble with the combo you fucking dumbshits, im telling you why nu is even gayer than she needs to be. close: sledge works into 2b 2c far: sledge doesnt combo except into followup or 2B spark (afaik) ch only: 6a 2C combos

You need barrier to block her D moves? I've been doing it without barrier this whole time, is it just specific D moves?

Edit. I tested it in training mode and with stagger recovery on I can still sledge into 2B. I can only imagine you were slow or that a human might be abl to stagger recover faster than the training option, in which case it was not because it was Nu. Well, or you were too far away.

Is just the 2C missing or are they recovering? We need more details.

Not sure which they are but yes, some of her attacks are unblockable from the air.

EDIT: Hrmm, I may be wrong on this actually. I don't think she has any drive moves that aren't air blockable.

In this match up I do my best to hit 720. Learning all the ways to hit Tager's 720 is key. I don't know how to do that special 720 link MikeZ does when he Atomic Collider to get the opponent down to his feet while buffing 720 (well I can do it but not in a real match as of yet) so I mostly go for the Atomic Collider>Sledge B> Sledge A (the sledge A will miss but its used to get you closer) buffer the 720 while doing Sledge A and when the opponent wakes up your catch them. Works on a lot of opponents and its not difficult to perform.

Is it really that difficult? It takes like 2 combos to do her in. Lightning Ball, then rape.

Do it while she's D spamming. The move eats through projectiles, is extremely fast, is made for Tager Rape and gets rid of all the "getting close" issues. Even on block, the magnet's on her anyway. Pull that ass in.

Do it while she's D spamming.

The move eats through projectiles, is extremely fast, is made for Tager Rape and gets rid of all the "getting close" issues.

Even on block, the magnet's on her anyway. Pull that ass in.

It is worth noting that all of the moves with magnetism on them leave you vulnerable for like 30 to 50 frames and she can combo you from full screen.

Then the lightning ball has an assload of stun in it.

So it's not safe on block then.

She's either "D"ing it up or guarding in preparation. Unless her attacks cool down that fast, she can't do both and not get hit with it.

Take a gander.

Is it really that difficult?

It takes like 2 combos to do her in.

Lightning Ball, then rape.

Yup, it's that easy. I don't know what all the other Tagers are doing, you figured it out and you don't even play Tager!

Then the lightning ball has an assload of stun in it.

So it's not safe on block then.

She's either "D"ing it up or guarding in preparation. Unless her attacks cool down that fast, she can't do both and not get hit with it.

Take a gander.

Her D's are cancelable every which way, including jump, which means she's pretty much always plus enough to be safe all the way through the end of the block string. Tager also cannot shoot while in the air, and can only walk forward with the shot because any jump and be D'd backward on reaction. No matter how you look at it this isn't the best situation to be in. Shot and D also have the same start up, so you cannot react to the first D with a shot.

Also, if you trade you lose the follow up combo generally, but that's better than getting hit out of the start up and losing the shot.

Do it while she's D spamming.

The move eats through projectiles, is extremely fast, is made for Tager Rape and gets rid of all the "getting close" issues.

Even on block, the magnet's on her anyway. Pull that ass in.

Nu's projectiles, besides the sickle (iirc), don't get eaten. You'll trade hits.

how effective do you think it would be to do sledge right when landing from a jump? if she tries to attack your landing maybe it will beat her projectiles? just an idea

I try doing this all the time. I want it to work so bad. Jump, land within range where b sledge will hit, then B sledge.

I occasionally can get the B sledge to come out in time, but usually I eat D projectile combo.

I don't know the frame data, but I'm assuming there is a few recovery frames after you land.

There's a ton of recovery if you do j.D. If you do j.B or C, there's less, but still a tiny bit. Also, she can time a 5D to hit Tager out of the air before he lands. I was this to work when I do it too, but it usually doesn't, and I cry inside.

I got a question for you MikeZ. In your match agaisnt Goryus why were jumping a lot with Tager? Were you trying to bait soemthing, or trying to score a j.2C?

I got a question for you MikeZ. In your match agaisnt Goryus why were jumping a lot with Tager? Were you trying to bait soemthing, or trying to score a j.2C?

Well, I obviously can't speak for Mike, but its really you're only option to get in. Sledging when she is out its range is just asking to get murdered. Even when you absorb projectiles going through it, you will still usually get hit in the recovery. That leaves jumping and walking as your only two options to get in. Jumping is the least terrible of your two terrible options to get in.

LOL this game is awesome and everything, but arc system has to fix this shit. If not, then I'll go play Brawl. Too bad my main in that game gets destroyed by the top 5.