Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catastrophy

[CT] Iron Tager vs. v-13

i don't sledge if i know they gonna run in fact i sometimes A sledge to avoid bullshit.

I A sledge the hell out of this match, but for the most part they can still punish it, the only move you can A sledge freely is really 236D, or j.2D(A sledge here)D.

I also hate the fact they can go lol your auto guarding my stuff with B sledge nu teleports punish's :vbang:.

Yea but how many Nu's are gonna be dumb enough to act pulsar in 360 range? It's a great punisher but it's definetly not something your gonna see tournament level players do in this matchup.

I have like never seen them act pulsar in 360 range.

I have like never seen them act pulsar in 360 range.

simple thing to remember.

when they act pulsar from far away they are in 360/720 range.

when they act pulsar from medium range then they are in sledge A range or if they 6C 360/720 range.

when they are close then they go far away.

i seen top XBL nu's use it to escape corners and always risk being in the right range, they gotta be unpredictable.

even pisces abelfica put himself in harms reach doing that and he's as sadistic as it can get.

Your talkin about online play & I'm talking about tournament level play. This is two different worlds here. Why should they risk anything in this matchup for a simple mixup when they can just sit back and react to everything we do.

Ribaia did it to Galileo, and Ribaia was in 360/720 range about 3 times that whole match. Yeah, pointing one match out doesn't prove anything, but even the best Nu's slip up. Just sometimes the Tager doesn't capitalize.

Eh Axis I thought you would know how to do that one. Haha I beat Piscesalbafica (spelling unsure) By doing a 720 on Ib of 4DD. 360 is much easier to do on reaction although you can surely 720 it, and that is rather handy if they are magnetised. (I've got quite a few V-13's by sparkbollting leting them block it and baiting that, But those are scrubs) It helps alot on those, but once I get 360 or 720 on v-13 in it they don't do it anymore. (the good ones) Unless I am clearly not going to be able to get it.

top XBL nu's

:gonk::psyduck:

Anyways, sitting on a full spark meter is way more threatening than one might think, and it'll sometimes give you the breathing room to land that all-important 2D. Also, guys, stop backdashing/sledging at the start of the round, 6C into 5k+ is not fun for anyone.

i do know how, you don't need to IB 4DD FYI.

yeah I know the one I caught alba with was just an IB.

I just figured you had been doing that all along with the Blocking 360/720 if they were silly enough to port that close.

yeah I know the one I caught alba with was just an IB.

I just figured you had been doing that all along with the Blocking 360/720 if they were silly enough to port that close.

all nu's do that..get close looking to eat 720.

i do know how, you don't need to IB 4DD FYI.

Barrier IB is hillarious for covering ground but, if you IB the second hit in 5DD you are free to do p. much whatever you want, doing 4DD when im not against the corner is generally a bad idea.

:gonk::psyduck:

Anyways, sitting on a full spark meter is way more threatening than one might think, and it'll sometimes give you the breathing room to land that all-important 2D. Also, guys, stop backdashing/sledging at the start of the round, 6C into 5k+ is not fun for anyone.

Sorry I do it as my idiot test against nu-13 to see if they are worth playing seriously or just screwing around.

Normally I just start the round blocking ready to IB 6C/3C, for some meter right at the get go.

Also yes I totally love the people that just sit there blocking until I spark bolt, hulking figure walks slowly towards nu-13.

lets discuss some things, i also want a few things confirmed but these are things that can be done to help you. first off tager is a fatass blame kokonoe for this, she thought being big would give tager a big :mad: but that doesn't help against evil mecha bots. let me go over some things. 1. if your nu is using BB combo to zone you then your in luck, you can sledge or XYH it before the 4DD can hit IBing makes it easier too, great when she's in range and you don't want to lose her, she can only tele back and she's screwed going forward, make that sledge counter hit la! bad thing is she can control how slow or fast she wants those hits to rack up, so she can pop you with the ground blade after the sledge. and if she's long range then it beats the mashers but not the good nu's, i caught myself A sledging and getting hit by the second part of 4D so if you use A sledge time it right, easier said then done... 2. your close what should i do? its simple pressure her with 5A's and 5B if she barrier then she cant stop the 5B, mix it up, if she wants to step back then spark bolt her, she eats it for free for again another combo, yay turn it into a 720 setup or use your meter to bait a burst, so many things to do once you get in, just remember to not use A sledge unless your trying to surprise nu with something, i managed random sledge>poke out of range>spark on many nu and if they blocked then they... 3. magnetized nu, where did she go wrong, normally when you magnetize nu its useless but, when your close then she can't run, seriously, you can lock nu down with D shit once you got a magnet, its really up to you how you do it, shinsoBEAM's 6C>J.D is nice to use on them since the first thought of most nu's is to tech and run they tech into a colider, watch for that neutral tech, its like they want a 720. 4. she won't let me in i hate myself tager sucks!? shush its hard but again, you need patience and IB's learn it, every time you block 2C or 6C it could be what you need to seal this bitches fate. and if your falling and she does her long range super IB that shit, she will 2C you, for gods sake IB it, she's giving you free meter. if your on the ground then IB it and prepare for mix up, she can use the TK blade move or 3C so prepare for the worst. 5. nu bursted and i got meter and i set up a combo! give me more combo's. 6A>2C>623C>236B>RC>5C>623C. 5200 unbursted. 6C>623C>RC>walk closer 6C>623C>41236D>5C>623C you can mod these in what not but if she bursted and you got her, don't be afraid to waste meter on her for the kill, its better than waiting for 720, infact if she bursted she will try harder so 720 won't kill her. confirmation: can you IB 360 2C before 3C or 6C come out? it looks like its doable but a small gap. i want to discuss this so tear it apart if you must.

^^^^ im not sure about 360B but I know you can 720 :D. Don't be afraid to abuse RC's and supers in this match due to nu-13s, 6C,2C,3C, and 236236D super you should have full meter practiacally all the time. Also if nu-13 start locking you down this this bullshit, 5DD,6D(wtf does this work on tager),j.2DD,j.214D~C,j.2DD, land repeat, IB the first hit in the second j.2DD and B sledge in, so far my friend hasn't been able to punish this. But seriously though playing nu-13 without a perfect connection is frusterating its like noooo I need to be able to see that damn teleport so I can 360 earlier and I need to be able to consistantly IB all your shit, which thankfully isn't too bad even online.

^^^^ im not sure about 360B but I know you can 720 :D.

Don't be afraid to abuse RC's and supers in this match due to nu-13s, 6C,2C,3C, and 236236D super you should have full meter practiacally all the time.

Also if nu-13 start locking you down this this bullshit, 5DD,6D(wtf does this work on tager),j.2DD,j.214D~C,j.2DD, land repeat, IB the first hit in the second j.2DD and B sledge in, so far my friend hasn't been able to punish this.

But seriously though playing nu-13 without a perfect connection is frusterating its like noooo I need to be able to see that damn teleport so I can 360 earlier and I need to be able to consistantly IB all your shit, which thankfully isn't too bad even online.

its tricky but you can sledge that shit but you gotta walk up a bit or sledge it, sometimes i just use XYH to avoid such mess but honestly spark bolt is not too useful unless you got in on nu and she wants to run, spark bolt beats her backdash.

its tricky but you can sledge that shit but you gotta walk up a bit or sledge it, sometimes i just use XYH to avoid such mess but honestly spark bolt is not too useful unless you got in on nu and she wants to run, spark bolt beats her backdash.

I prefer keeping spark bolt around in this match for a tech trap, seriously, comboz, collider, sparkbolt,j.A,delay,j.D is way too good of a tech trap.

I prefer keeping spark bolt around in this match for a tech trap, seriously, comboz, collider, sparkbolt,j.A,delay,j.D is way too good of a tech trap.

hmmm thats a interesting approach, its fun fighting nu's they are unaware of the awesomeness of 720 setups, today i did sparkbolt>XYH>720 and she got hooked real nice. i assume you use that for 720 yes.

hmmm thats a interesting approach, its fun fighting nu's they are unaware of the awesomeness of 720 setups, today i did sparkbolt>XYH>720 and she got hooked real nice. i assume you use that for 720 yes.

no really go in practice mode set tech to random and try this, 2C, collider, sparkbolt, j.A, delay j.D so it will either hit right before you will hit the ground(against people that know the mixup you make it so it will land cancel before smacking, but still.)

Seriously neutral tech the land right in front of you, also they air teched and you land first heheh free 720 much.

foward tech: they land right behind you and above you(and facing the wrong way lolol), free collider p. much.

backwards tech: they end either in front of you and above you or if you do it right immediately behind you and above you, its a p. vague cross up with 2C actually or you can just fuck it and collider.

don't tech: get hit by j.D, are now above you magnetized.

Plus since this isn't one of the old standby mixups it would appear that I catch the lv 70-80s off guard unlike normally where if I do 236B,236A(whiff), I might as well just collider because they are going to jump.

i wanna try it right now but i gotta do it tomorrow, since i got #8 spot back in ranks i think i'm gonna test out my tech traps.

haha sol i see you always taking the the 8th spot back from me bud maybe we will catch up to all the people above us here eventually

i hope so, seeing hydrogyn having ranked 4 makes me a bit jealous but he plays alot more so i can't blame him.

i wanna fight like bubbles zomg though i love his style.

Alright sol ive taken 8th back not going to take you long this is the battle of michigan tagers

hohoho!? you dare to challenge me!? -gets on XBL- by the time i'm done i'm gonna be ranked 7th! mwuhahahahahaha!

anyone wanna discuss their nu experience?

i hope so, seeing hydrogyn having ranked 4 makes me a bit jealous but he plays alot more so i can't blame him.

i wanna fight like bubbles zomg though i love his style.

hydrogyn is 4th im a bit surprised, he seemed better than me but not by alot or anything. I need to break 500 matches played online hell I think im still below 300, :(.