Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tiamat

[CT] Iron Tager vs. Taokaka

Any tips for this one? I think her 2A goes under tager's 5A/2A :gonk: very annoying character

Personally, I like to ride on the A button in this matchup. Get a counter hit off 5A or 2A, and followup with a nice double Collider combo. A lot of her moves actually take a bit to come out, so you can punish those with a throw combo or a 360. Really just be patient and try to hit a CH A.

Any tips for this one? I think her 2A goes under tager's 5A/2A :gonk: very annoying character

Personally, I like to ride on the A button in this matchup. Get a counter hit off 5A or 2A, and followup with a nice double Collider combo. A lot of her moves actually take a bit to come out, so you can punish those with a throw combo or a 360. Really just be patient and try to hit a CH A.

so I guess you aren't having the same problem? I kinda wonder if you even read my post. :I:

I can usually stick with Tager with Tao, but once i get caught a few times im dead. His 720 will take out over half of her life. Instant kill if barrier burst already

Tiamat, I read this yesterday and thought "Yeah, he's just missing the timing or something." However, after a lot of matches with a Tao player today, I found myself getting hit by her 2A during my 5A. A few times, it certainly looked like she was going right underneath my 5A. And off topic, but Tiamat, how did you from Nightmare in SC4 to Tager in BB? I would've expected you to use Ragna, or anyone else for that matter. :wtf:

taos 2A is faster than every move tager has except 720. ALL. OF. THEM. and it avoids like half his good mid moves on top of that. you can 360A to beat that but its RISKY as SHIT because if she gets a CH you die. i hate taokaka.

Best medicine I've had for Tao is pray you get her magnetized and when she starts jumping away for the typical back in your face D she should be eating a 5D with the long active time of the move. For some reason I can get Taos to eat more 5Ds after being magnetized than any other character.

*sigh* yeah this matchup is annoying... it feels like nu but in your face rather than far away.. i just find myself constantly blocking and pray they combo into something dumb for me to 360 punish..

Yeah this match up can be hard, as once she gets in and starts pressuring you, damn near everything she does will stuff your moves.

Tiamat, I read this yesterday and thought "Yeah, he's just missing the timing or something." However, after a lot of matches with a Tao player today, I found myself getting hit by her 2A during my 5A. A few times, it certainly looked like she was going right underneath my 5A.

And off topic, but Tiamat, how did you from Nightmare in SC4 to Tager in BB? I would've expected you to use Ragna, or anyone else for that matter. :wtf:

well I'm using ragna as a secondary since last night actually but yeah I dunno I just found tager the most appealing

Offtopic posts are offtopic, and I just remembered I'm the mod, so behave yourselves please. Tao 2A goes straight under Tager 5A...but at the same time, Tager can do blahblah 623C, walk up 6C xx 623C on her. Something as simple as CH 2C, 5C->6A xx 623C, walk up 6C xx 623C will do around 5K damage. Yay! Also, if she pokes with 5C->6C xx 236A(mash), you can IB->360A inbetween the 5C->6C, and inbetween the 6C->236A. You can also IB->720 for funs. And remember, if she does D~B mixups, 360s work no matter which way you're facing!

...Tager can do blahblah 623C, walk up 6C xx 623C on her. Something as simple as CH 2C, 5C->6A xx 623C, walk up 6C xx 623C will do around 5K damage. Yay!

Also, if she pokes with 5C->6C xx 236A(mash), you can IB->360A inbetween the 5C->6C, and inbetween the 6C->236A. You can also IB->720 for funs. And remember, if she does D~B mixups, 360s work no matter which way you're facing!

This is exactly why I don't have too much trouble with this match. You're going to get hit a few times, but when you hit them back, their life disappears very quickly.

Get lots of throws/360s and you're g2g.

Anyone who can do a 720 right after an IB is a god. Your input timing would be insane there. That has to be the fastest way to buffer a "standing" 720.

Ah I don't want to seeing how boring they are but I guess ima have to really play the rest of the characters to see what there moves are because reading a lot of these topics is like trying to read Spanish without knowing what moves you all are talking about. Tao does get a lot of hits in on me but I'm always surprised whenever I start dealing damage to see how fast she's losing health.

Its like anytime I fight a Taokaka its the same thing and NOTHING seems to hit her unless either I get incredibly lucky or i capitalize on a mistake they make. Which happens often but 9 times out of 10 a Taokaka mistake puts them way out of range of Tager. This match up is pretty much the only reason why I use Hakumen. Its still an uphill battle but at least Hakumen can stuff some of Taokaka's moves without having to be Clairvoyant to 2 days out. This matchup just makes me feel like i'm being punished for picking the bigger/slower characters.

1. Back-dash the D air-attacks. 2. 5D 3. Bait Tao's grab super, duck it, 720. She has so much stagger after that super u can literally do anything. 4. s.j c ^_^ But even with all this, i find this a harder matchup then any. -_-

yes its completely duckable. afterwards, shes in a counterhit state, with no meter, a good combo to use is 5D, B sledge, 2B 2C Atomic Collider 2D. the reason the super is so easily avoided is so its used as a whiff punish from full screen, and not so much a "HURF I HAVE METER WHAT DO I DO OH I KNOW" move i havent fucked around too much with crouching counterhit state (ragna is in this state too after inferno divider). but the above is a powerful meterless combo.

I though 5D wallbounced on CH. You mean you can B sledge it as a follow-up anywhere the 5D starts or only if she bounced back from very close to the corner?

I though 5D wallbounced on CH. You mean you can B sledge it as a follow-up anywhere the 5D starts or only if she bounced back from very close to the corner?

If you are in the corner they actually bounce back too fast, B sledge comes out pretty slow and moves pretty far. I've landed 5D into 236B a few times today on various characters who ate a CH 5D

But I didn't Exactly know how to combo from it, I think I tried to do 5D, 236B, 5C, 623C, 6C, Shot, 2C, 623C. On Tao you can probably omit the Shot, 2C like usual. I would.

Might be situational, a lot of these guys were trying to airdash at me when they got slammed

i havent fucked around too much with crouching counterhit state (ragna is in this state too after inferno divider). but the above is a powerful meterless combo.

Despite the looks, she isn't in crouched state if the super whiffs (neither is Ragna after a DP, he crouch a little at the landing animation but isn't in crouch state) only counter hit, for the punishes you can do, those are the best i found :

Meterless :

- CH 6C > delay 236B > 5C > 6A > 623C > 6C > 623C : 5184 dmg, 2D instead of 6C 623C will give you magnetism but "only" 4701 dmg.

With shot :

- same that above but after 623C, do 236B > 41236D > 2C > 623C : 5811 dmg.

- CH tk j2C > 2B > 2C > 623C > 236B > 41236D > 2C > 623C > 5815 dmg.

- CH 2D > 5C > 41236D > 5C > 623C > 6C > 5D : 5345 dmg and lots of magnetism.

With 50% heat :

- CH tk j2C > 2B > 2C > 623C > step forward a bit 236B, 236A RC > 5C > 623C : 6036dmg.

- CH 2D > RC > 236B > 2B > 2C > 623C > 6C > 5D : 5329 dmg but gives 7-8s of magnetism.

With 50% heat and shot :

- CH 2D RC > 236B > 2B > 2C > 623C > 236B > 41236D > 2C > 623C : 6356 dmg.

6C and 2D punish can be used against other characters, tk j2C not really.