Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tiamat

[CT] Iron Tager vs. Taokaka

i swore she was in a crouched state because ragnas 6C whiffs on non crouchers, but hits during that super recovery. i originally tested something for a friend with ragna and came up with a couple 6C combos (then found some better ones like 5 minutes later). good to know, then.

also something hilarious but probably not worth exploring a whole lot: if they are in guaranteed counterhit, you can cancel 2C into volt charge and still have enough time to combo afterwards.

lol yeah. CH 2C gives you like a year to do whatever you want, I just wish I had a better idea when to land it

i swore she was in a crouched state because ragnas 6C whiffs on non crouchers, but hits during that super recovery. i originally tested something for a friend with ragna and came up with a couple 6C combos (then found some better ones like 5 minutes later). good to know, then.

She's definately as Low as she would be in crouched state, but as soon as I hit her she goes into the standing hit animation.

Really need help with this match up. Every single thing I try to do seems to get beat out by taokaka. I try using backdash in 360 to go through something, but either she is moving forward so much from a move that she htis me at the end of the backdash, or she recovers so fast from her attacks that after the backdash shes already safe or on the attack again. Once shes gets in, shes all over me. I have a great deal of trouble getting any pressure started.

Every Tao I've have run into does the same thing versus Tager. Jump and repeatadly spam drives and the drive where they go behind you and just keep 2Aing until I get hit. Or jump in with A's spamming and land with 2A's. I can't snuff anything and just have to get a lucky 5D in. If she is magnetized, they just run away until it goes away. Really annoying match.

Got a cool combo for Taokaka only :) -6A, 2C xx Collider, walk, 6C xx Collider(RC), walk a bit, 6C xx Shot, 2C xx Collider (6014 dmg + magnetized) It will work too if you replace 6A, 2C with throw or any other way of landing collider with 4 or less hits. More specifically, CH 2A on Tao's Drives, j.2C, 2B, 2C xx Collider... will work as well for 4957 dmg

Got a cool combo for Taokaka only :)

-6A, 2C xx Collider, walk, 6C xx Collider(RC), walk a bit, 6C xx Shot, 2C xx Collider (6014 dmg + magnetized)

It will work too if you replace 6A, 2C with throw or any other way of landing collider with 4 or less hits.

More specifically, CH 2A on Tao's Drives, j.2C, 2B, 2C xx Collider... will work as well for 4957 dmg

Also, if Tao falls into a collider tech trap I think you can

Collider, walk, 6C xx collider, shot, 2C(or 5C) xx Collider. For pretty good meterless damage.

Every Tao I've have run into does the same thing versus Tager. Jump and repeatadly spam drives and the drive where they go behind you and just keep 2Aing until I get hit. Or jump in with A's spamming and land with 2A's. I can't snuff anything and just have to get a lucky 5D in. If she is magnetized, they just run away until it goes away. Really annoying match.

if she gets behind you, and you got good reflexes you can 5B her...its a low attack, and chances are it will either beat or trade with 2A...thats what i do against that tao..then again a early J.D when she tries her drive gets a magnet...after that its history.

Not any combo, if you do this after to much hits, they can tech before 2D hits and you might get punished for it.

Not any combo, if you do this after to much hits, they can tech before 2D hits and you might get punished for it.

Best time to do the 2D is just after the standard Throw > AC or SledgeB > 2B > 2C> AC. Pretty much anything that only results in 1 atomic collider in similar setups you can use 2D on.

Better to do it that way anyway since AC walk forward > 6C > 5D has a tendency to miss Taokaka.

Best time to do the 2D is just after the standard Throw > AC or SledgeB > 2B > 2C> AC. Pretty much anything that only results in 1 atomic collider in similar setups you can use 2D on.

Better to do it that way anyway since AC walk forward > 6C > 5D has a tendency to miss Taokaka.

How awesome is magnetism on tao? I've found it limitedly nice if I'm in her face, but when she's zoning or in my face (80% of the time for me) or I'm in the middle of comboing her or getting comboed (15%), so I always figure collider 6C collider was much more preferable for the extra damage rather than just Collider 2D.

But I've missed out on magnetism applications before.

Personally, as a Tao player I LOVE being magnetized. It's definitely a dangerous situation to be in but if I'm magnetized, it pretty much gives my carte blanch to drive around the screen even more. The magnetism works like a gravitational effect. I accelerate towards you, but if I wiff or bounce off of your head, I have so much momentum that I'll fly out of your effective range. Watch out for that.

True but you can instead do AC walk > 6C > AC. Depends on whether you want the damage or magnetism more, though I guess magnetism is preferred.

Two little tips from what little I've played against Tao: Train yourself to correct the direction of your block in her drive cancel crossups and 2A spam, and train yourself to crouch (or if ballsy, stuff) a random pounce super. I cannot count how many times I jump, block, or just stand there and eat that.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that I can't punish Taokaka's air techs (while she's magnetized) with Atomic Collider, she either drives away for free or drives into me for a counter hit :vbang:. Is it even possible to catch Taokaka out of the air consistently in these situations? I have no problems catching her when she tries jumping out of my pressure strings, but this is insane.

then get her only during your pressure strings...i got a better question. how the hell do you pressure tao!?

then get her only during your pressure strings...i got a better question.

how the hell do you pressure tao!?

Im fairly sure you don't, IBs on her B cancels and forward cancels are p. much what I rely on to win.

What is a good way to deal with Taos that stay on the other side of the screen for most of the match? They will get a hit or so off, then wait on the other side for me to come get them. I can't seem to catch up to Tao, nor have I had much luck in the air. What should I be using in the air against Tao? All I have done is block in air and I have wondered if there is something better to be doing. Sorry for the questions, but I can never seem to get to the Tao to even try anything. I am not that well experienced at the match so I am hoping better Tager players can help out.

you gotta catch tao in certain things to do any damage.. 6B is when she hops on you butt first...kinda. 6B=360A when she cross-up with the D button...if she doesnt hit you then you can 5b or get the fuck out of there. if she cross up going over your head...5C or collider.. i advice not going in the air against her...she owns people in the air.

What is a good way to deal with Taos that stay on the other side of the screen for most of the match? They will get a hit or so off, then wait on the other side for me to come get them. I can't seem to catch up to Tao, nor have I had much luck in the air. What should I be using in the air against Tao? All I have done is block in air and I have wondered if there is something better to be doing.

Sorry for the questions, but I can never seem to get to the Tao to even try anything. I am not that well experienced at the match so I am hoping better Tager players can help out.

Odds are they are scrubs so you should just be able, to slowly slide in on her (not attacking) and punish her when they try to get past you. And never for get IB is your friend.

so when facing tao, instant blocking her grounded blockstrings nets me a combo, 360 or 720, and in this match up 2 combos from grabs means win. well i guess i should learn to IB her attacks, and learn to punish more. Thanks for the info guys :) .

so when facing tao, instant blocking her grounded blockstrings nets me a combo, 360 or 720, and in this match up 2 combos from grabs means win. well i guess i should learn to IB her attacks, and learn to punish more. Thanks for the info guys :) .

3 combos don't forget burst

when i fight tao i actually hop around so i don't risk the ground strings so much, if i am on the ground i don't stay for too long and i normally do it to get the 360 in. 1 360=pressure.