Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tiamat

[CT] Iron Tager vs. Taokaka

when i fight tao i actually hop around so i don't risk the ground strings so much, if i am on the ground i don't stay for too long and i normally do it to get the 360 in.

1 360=pressure.

yeah I have been following this more lately, only with backdash spam against taos, and random colliders/5D to make them afraid of canceling just outside of range.

yeah I have been following this more lately, only with backdash spam against taos, and random colliders/5D to make them afraid of canceling just outside of range.

yeah but we both know that tao don't have real good AA"s even that 3C can eat elbow if your in hit range, just remember to stay in the air a bit so she can't start any pressure and when she has meter, don't spark bolt or wiff spinny you want to pace yourself in for that kiiiiiiiilllllllllll.

So I found out today that you can Atomic Collider Tao's Super Pounce Jump on reaction. Not sure if that's any better than just crouching it, and a good Tao isn't going to be pulling that shit out of nowhere, but it was pretty hilarious nonetheless.

I did it to someone online because they were magnetized and I was randomly colliding to catch them if they tried jumping. I randomly put another one up and FLASH and grab->lose

I have in one of my replays Tao doing the iron ball throw->pounce super setup and I just do a 360b and get her out of her super. Don't really know how it happened.

I have in one of my replays Tao doing the iron ball throw->pounce super setup and I just do a 360b and get her out of her super. Don't really know how it happened.

How is that a setup? Block the ball low, the super misses and you get a free punish...anyway, my guess would be that you were on any of the Down directions in the 360 when she got to you, meaning you were crouching and she missed, then you 360'd.

I did it to someone online because they were magnetized and I was randomly colliding to catch them if they tried jumping. I randomly put another one up and FLASH and grab->lose

Yep, I was wrong. You can't beat it on reaction, even if they're on the other side of the screen when they do it.

Best just to crouch it and punish.

this fight is real tough stay on your toes. notes. tao knows 1 hit on her means pressure so she is gonna stay on the offensive. like i said before the ground is not entirely safe in this match, she has real strong mix up there so stay on your toes. i don't even think you can beat her in the air so don't risk it. some of you guys said colider works, so its worth it to note. her pounce super can be ducked so if you see her with meter be a bit more defensive or you eat it and thats lame. if tao is going for ground mix up you can normally mash A out of it if she wants to cross up, beware tao can drive cancel 3 times before hitting the ground, in case you guys didn't know the fakes are. 1. she stops instantly and drops toward the ground. 2. she hops behind you. 3. she jumps. punish them as follow. 1. if she stops near you like a dumbass then poke her in how you desire, she deserves it. 2. i found many ways to beat this. 360A, 5A, backdash, and jump away. 3. by theory colider or 2C beats it but tao can drop a J.C on you and that nets her a combo. when your teching block low, tao's 6B is a slow overhead and her only gound one, she can 2A you and restart the flow. all i got for now its up for discussion. corrected for legacy.

Normally it helps to know the character. They aren't fakes, they are drive cancels and they aren't just used as mixup shenanigans. B cancel is fail. The only time a good Tao is using this is during a combo or they are vastly underestimating your ability. C Cancel is deadly. 2D right out of it, Sticky kitty to hit the back wall and retreat, crossup j.C and barrier block if it's a safe Tao. A Cancel normally will lead into 2A. Tao can 2D at any time during the match to escape tech traps. This is very bad for you, good for Tao because if it hits she can cancel it into a combo. Tao's pokes and speed are far superior to our own. Really sucks... Do not, I repeat DO NOT sledge her projectiles. Unless you want CH 5C 6C 236C~C 2D BnB loop. Then sure go ahead. I'll eat the combo once just to put me in close range and in the corner so a well timed grab or collider can shift momentum greatly. A good Tao will stay airbourne, but will move around your AC hitbox. IB 2C is wonderful in this match. Also a good eye for prediction will help. Fish for j.2C whenever possible. Risk reward is good, as Tao has trouble doing damage and spacing you. Since well, Tao has to get close.

save that spark bolt tao's will never get hit unless you surprise them or your comboing with it.

save that spark bolt tao's will never get hit unless you surprise them or your comboing with it.

Which reminds me, chances are they are looking at your magnetic gauge and when it's full they'll go right into crawl mode if they are fullscreen. So feel free to start walking forward. Free distance. =D

Which reminds me, chances are they are looking at your magnetic gauge and when it's full they'll go right into crawl mode if they are fullscreen. So feel free to start walking forward. Free distance. =D

yes!

spark bolt is wonderful to just hold, then eventually they'll think you won't use it, then they j.D and then you fire! sending their thoughts and dreams into oblivion.

I pretty much spam 2A in this match-up. If she likes using air-to-ground drives, 2A will beat the Drive attack clean for a CH and you can combo into 5C > Collider (sometimes 2C > Collider). If it's a counter hit on the ground, I just do 5C > A-Sledge. Actually if she likes jumping a lot in general, I find 2A is generally a better anti-air than 2C. That's just my personal experience. I haven't faced a large variety of Taokaka's. You can land a CH 2A when she does 6B as well.

I pretty much spam 2A in this match-up.

If she likes using air-to-ground drives, 2A will beat the Drive attack clean for a CH and you can combo into 5C > Collider (sometimes 2C > Collider). If it's a counter hit on the ground, I just do 5C > A-Sledge.

Actually if she likes jumping a lot in general, I find 2A is generally a better anti-air than 2C. That's just my personal experience. I haven't faced a large variety of Taokaka's.

You can land a CH 2A when she does 6B as well.

2A/5A(CH),5C,6A,collider is legit, its tricky with 5A though, but 2A its easy.

The good part about 2C is it hits behind you as well and the combo is free magnet meter and free combo.

I don't see enough 2C(CH),412B,5C,6A..... combos around.

2A/5A(CH),5C,6A,collider is legit, its tricky with 5A though, but 2A its easy.

The good part about 2C is it hits behind you as well and the combo is free magnet meter and free combo.

I don't see enough 2C(CH),412B,5C,6A..... combos around.

those combos are great, helps you time the 5C and gives good meter, 2A(CH) links with 5B? damn i got to use that, 2A is a great move.

btw your standing pokes all hit ducking tao, including 5C.

Make sure when you're getting pressured by Tao at any time, to just IB as much stuff as you can.

It's easily the best way to open up holes in her rushdown to get out.

why the hell would i wanna be pressured by tao?

why the hell would i wanna be pressured by tao?

The same reason you would want to be pressured by rachel.

You wouldn't and no one said you would.

The same reason you would want to be pressured by rachel.

You wouldn't and no one said you would.

E-sarcasm fails.

No, you're just an idiot.

I hate you, jerk.

i should feel hurt yet i don't care, anyways the advice you gave applies to all match-ups.

...Did our IB sage get banned? :gonk: I do not get to hit up too many tagers, but what do you guys do about Tao's who do a lot of 7C's and such? I don't think 2A is that useful in those situations. Feels like it must be terribly annoying to play against FRKZ kitty all day, but I am sure you guys have anti-strats for that. Discuss.

...Did our IB sage get banned? :gonk:

I do not get to hit up too many tagers, but what do you guys do about Tao's who do a lot of 7C's and such? I don't think 2A is that useful in those situations. Feels like it must be terribly annoying to play against FRKZ kitty all day, but I am sure you guys have anti-strats for that.

Discuss.

who is our IB sage???

Also what do you mean by do 7C's, do you mean retreating j.Cs?