Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

Tager vs Taokaka: No Tao we are not stuffed with food

For the first time ever we have a move in this matchup to dissuade her from spamming 2A/2B: the almighty 6B.

Seriously, use it like crazy in this matchup.

Why were those a problem in the first place?

Because they're fast, almost gapless, can reset pressure, lead to ridiculous TRM setups, and she can pretty much do them for free against Tager when he doesn't have meter because she can jump out of 360/720 with no problem.  Which leads to a knockdown and back into 2A/2B hell for Tager.

I see. I was more wondering about the on block part. But if he can't 360 at least 2b, then yeah.

What about ib backdash, 360, or just in general for the meter? Even with the trm setups tager shouldn't be taking much dmg, and Tao mixup is not the best.

Or even ib yomi jump 360 or throw?

I'm assuming 6b has some early foot invul, doesn't sound like a great neutral tool.

Why were those a problem in the first place?

Tager always struggles against rapid, risk-free pressure. 720 is a shaky last resort against it at best.

6B is now foot invuln really quickly, only 15F startup, fast recovery, and can lead into 2C on close range hits. On top of all that, it stomps her right out of 6B if she goes for it and hits her while crawling (something Tager is notoriously bad at). It's pretty damn amazing.

I see. I was more wondering about the on block part. But if he can't 360 at least 2b, then yeah.

What about ib backdash, 360, or just in general for the meter? Even with the trm setups tager shouldn't be taking much dmg, and Tao mixup is not the best.

Or even ib yomi jump 360 or throw?

I'm assuming 6b has some early foot invul, doesn't sound like a great neutral tool.

2B is very safe -10 on block and to add insult to injury low profiles almost everything in the game.  Attempting throws on Tao is risky because a LOT of her normals are either pretty good on block or able to be jump cancelled, on top of shenanigans like 214D and (2)8D near the corner.  Backdashing works, but be warned that Tao can go for a hard read 6C and call you out if you're not wary of it. 

Tager always struggles against rapid, risk-free pressure. 720 is a shaky last resort against it at best.

6B is now foot invuln really quickly, only 15F startup, fast recovery, and can lead into 2C on close range hits. On top of all that, it stomps her right out of 6B if she goes for it and hits her while crawling (something Tager is notoriously bad at). It's pretty damn amazing.

The problem I have with 6B against her 2A/2B is you have to hard read into it, because they have startup of 6 and 7 frames respectively, meaning you can't toss it out into her strings for free, even if she resets with 5B (also 6 frames) so I'd personally have to see it in action.  Might have to pull my Tao off the shelf for this new version and test it out.