Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sadeyo

Makoto's Critique Thread

Feel free to upload your videos and share your experience as a Makoto player. We're all working together to improve our combative skills and what better way is to communicate and critique one another performance.

Message me if you have like a Makoto Signature you want me to put in this opening thread or any other advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDX2PosBolk

This video is all about raw skill and not much training. I'm a little ashamed to present this but we got to start somewhere. I understand there's loads of errors but if there's anything critical you can point out or what's may be a good quality, it would greatly help. Enjoy the video everyone.

Where to start, first you definitely want to get yourself familiarize with her gatlings and cancels. Especially in one match where you was in OD and landed a 5D, you could of 214B and followed up for free.

With Makoto parry while you can possibly hit someone out the air with the snap effect, it really only meant for strong call outs and fatal punishing bad reversals. Also it only hits upper body non-air moves, even if it totally looks like it should work "think Koko's 2C".

Lastly her shooting star, it's definitely something I wouldn't use against someone with long range normals, or as a neutral tool...kinda. Outside of that you'll already good with Ragna so you're use to playing neutral so you'll adapt in time.

You have to learn how to charge drive and be able to do it 3-6 times in each combo. Her neutral is bad compared to most of the cast.

Other than that she's straightforward. Makoto's wiki entry may be of help to you.