Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dokbrass

BDC Tutorials

Hello All,

Ever since GGXRD took out Johnny, Testament, Zappa and Anji, really all of my old mains. I brought back the old reliable Slayer and have really enjoyed him in GGXRD. However I find that the final hole in my game is the mastery of his BDC. I can't seem to find any videos or tutorials on how to truly perform this technique. I can cancel with the jump but can't seem to get any move off. According to all sources I find you have to cancel it with the jump and then perform the desired move. I have no idea if it's because I'm just not quick enough or if i'm not inputting the commands the way it would be needed to. Does anyone have any tips, tutorials, or proper terminology to help me get this difficult last part of slayer down pat. Thanks to you all

Actually this answers my issue perfectly. I just didn't realize that what people were doing was the hyper-viper command for the move as opposed to jumping then the move. Thanks so much dude!

Yeah, Slayer's BDC is really a back dash cancelled into a jump, and the jump cancelled into a special. So it's a backdash, jump cancel cancel.

EDIT:

Might as well list the BDC inputs

BDC Mappa: 442369

BDC Bite: 6321447

BDC DoT: 63214469 (6321442369 is easier but not as tight of a cancel, for me at least)

BDC Dandy: 21447 or 442147. The first one is a tighter cancel.

BDC FDJ: 448 or 4428

and of course you can also forward dash cancel, both the short and long dashes. Jump cancelling the long dash gives you more momentum on your jump and is really useful. In 1.1, every forward dash cancel will maintain jump momentum  :)

Advanced usage of bdc also requires you to use your bdc motion as an instant block.

Lets say you are blocking axl and know he is going to rensen. Instead of IBing and trying your motion after, IB with 63124. Done properly, you can confirm your IB, tap 4 again for your backdash and you do 9s for dot or 2369k for mappa. It takes a bit to get used to but hey potemkin players do this all day.

For BDC Bite no need for a double 4. Make the 63214, return very quicly to neutral and then do 7+HS.

Not sure why people agreed with this but it's totally false. The reason it seems to work is because a high proportion of the time, you accidentally get 47H when doing 7H. In fighting games in general, it's more difficult to get clean diagonals from neutral than anybody is willing to admit.

Isn't the fact that diagonal inputs count as both one horizontal and one vertical input the reason that IADs are possible though?

Not that it matters; if my execution is sloppy and I still get bdc bite when I need it, I'm good.