Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tataki

[CT] Bang The Older Hero Threads MERGED: Use the search function!

Rate the Characters learning curve rating.  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Characters learning curve rating.

• 1- Easy
    • 10- Very Hard

Oh hey guys, just got this game a couple of days ago and decided to main with Bang. I just have one question, how do you guys pull off the following combo, I'm seeing it in most of the vids: 5B-2B-2C-6D-PalmThrustMove-followup(if possible) Now my only problem is with the palm thrust thingy, is a jump install involved cause he just doesn't seem to do it right after the 6D. Also, can someone post some B&B's or is Bang still under develepmont till we get some solid strats down? Sorry for being a nub, and I checked the other thread but couldn't find the answer.

Oh hey guys, just got this game a couple of days ago and decided to main with Bang.

I just have one question, how do you guys pull off the following combo, I'm seeing it in most of the vids:

5B-2B-2C-6D-PalmThrustMove-followup(if possible)

Now my only problem is with the palm thrust thingy, is a jump install involved cause he just doesn't seem to do it right after the 6D.

Also, can someone post some B&B's or is Bang still under develepmont till we get some solid strats down?

Sorry for being a nub, and I checked the other thread but couldn't find the answer.

Sounds like my guide went up a bit late, all your questions are answered there :eng101:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1N7RYrc9fQ

explanation on how to do the bang 4-seal combo.

against jin,carl, litchi:

the combo seemed quite hard to me at first, until i realized that you could wait with your j.2369C until the very last moment before you touch the ground, that way the angle is good and you land quickly, which means: more time for the next j.D.

against ragna & hakumen:

rather easy, you can be somewhat sloppy with your timing

against noel:

quite hard, i have yet to find a reliable way to dual shuri her constantly

against v-13:

couldn't get the second shuriken to hit at all. gotta experiment some more once i have time.

the combo seemed quite hard to me at first, until i realized that you could wait with your j.2369C until the very last moment before you touch the ground, that way the angle is good and you land quickly, which means: more time for the next j.D.

Ok that is how a combo video should look. Show the combo, then do it in slow motion and describe in detail the quirks of the combo. Nice job. I hope you have more to come :)

definitely. i will update the first post of the bang thread soon with more info (read: info that i have actually double-checked), and of course LOTS of combos.

against jin,carl, litchi:

against ragna & hakumen:

rather easy, you can be somewhat sloppy with your timing

against noel:

quite hard, i have yet to find a reliable way to dual shuri her constantly

against v-13:

couldn't get the second shuriken to hit at all. gotta experiment some more once i have time.

Awesome, can I use this info in my guide?

In addition, I'm guessing it doesn't work on other characters?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but are we only supposed to post Skillful / Useful / Combo Bang Videos to keep this thread as a learning / advanced thread? Or can we post personal Bang videos just for entertainment purposes? I can understand if the thread should only contain advanced play videos, I just wasn't sure. I plan on recording 1-3 of my replays that i feel were good / funny matches as Bang but i'm just a beginner so they wouldn't be useful to anybody. Either way, I enjoy watching the videos that have already been posted. I just gotta keep learning from them and the strats. posted in the other threads.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but are we only supposed to post Skillful / Useful / Combo Bang Videos to keep this thread as a learning / advanced thread? Or can we post personal Bang videos just for entertainment purposes?

I can understand if the thread should only contain advanced play videos, I just wasn't sure. I plan on recording 1-3 of my replays that i feel were good / funny matches as Bang but i'm just a beginner so they wouldn't be useful to anybody.

Either way, I enjoy watching the videos that have already been posted. I just gotta keep learning from them and the strats. posted in the other threads.

You can post your vids, I'll tell other players to crtique them and put them on the main page if that's what you want.

I thought it would be interesting to record matches as I learn how to play the game and as Bang. That way I could see how my skills change over the course of time. I'm all for critiquing but starting off there would be no point in doing that because I haven't learned anything good. But strictly for Bang entertainment purposes I guess i'll post my videos. Please feel free to delete this post if they aren't worth being on here.

Blazblue - Day 1 - Match 1 - Bang (zeth07) vs Arakune (MilkyNachos)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzAukGlRhKo

BlazBlue - Day 1 - Match 2 - Nu (alphafann) vs Bang (zeth07)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q8XVV_JMxo

BlazBlue - Day 1 - Match 3 - Hakumen (FrisbeeHead) vs Bang (zeth07)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fvDq7rW1f8

As my descriptions say, these videos are from my 1st day with the game. I basically went straight into Player Matches just to see what it was like, and these were my favorite videos from that day. Tonight (Day 2), i went into training mode and learned basic combos. I could do em in training but once i went into Player Matches it wasn't the same. I need lots of practice. I'm probably gonna upload Day 2 videos tomorrow but I might not put them on here though, if it becomes pointless.

^ Nice match. I thought it was gonna be close after the 1st round but you destroyed em in the 2nd. You definitely have some of the combos down, which I can't say I do. I do have a question though, what the heck was the move at around 47 seconds? It was like a dash but it wasn't the normal dash or air dash.

^ Nice match. I thought it was gonna be close after the 1st round but you destroyed em in the 2nd. You definitely have some of the combos down, which I can't say I do. I do have a question though, what the heck was the move at around 47 seconds? It was like a dash but it wasn't the normal dash or air dash.

Seriously, what the hell was that. It looked like you were doing Akuma's super =P

The ONLY reason I try to get this move every round is so I can do 6a/5c, activate, 2b, 2c, dash cancel, 2b, uf airdash, j.a.j.b, ub airdash, jb, command throw. Half life off a hit confirmable 50/50 sounds good to me (yayyyyy)

ANY GOOD USE FOR STEEL RAIN?

I haven't found one yet. It seems the other uses for nails and tension are better in every situation I've come across.

I did use it once in an online match, accidentally. Figured I might as well make the most of it so I punched the enemy into it and it killed him. :P

I've been trying it in various situations. The best use I can find for it is to punish certain projectile spammers when you're out of the other super's range. You can whiff certain D pressure strings against v-13 and you can punish the startup of jin's fireballs. Trapping Tager in it is quite amusing as well. If they're stuck guarding it I tend to go for 50/50 or command throw. The command throw is especially fun, since if they eat the throw they take more damage because of the super, or if they break the throw there's a possibility that they'll eat the super. Using it to catch techs that are too far away (i.e. from a j.C knockdown) is also viable. I tend to wait until I don't have so many nails left before I use it. The biggest single jump in hits actually occurs between having 0 nails and having just 1 (you get an extra 14 hits). Additional nails only add 6-7 hits each.

Seriously, what the hell was that. It looked like you were doing Akuma's super =P

haha honestly when i watched the match i saw that also. I looks like some kinda slow falling thing i don't know how I'm doing it its not on purpose. Thanks for the comments guys I'm loving bang i think people take him lightly like his chip or something but his combos HURT!

After Bang whiff's a 6C, he goes into a similar pose. Tager used a magnet move while Bang was Magnetized, causing him to move forward in said pose.

Very situational, and don't really use unless it will finish it FOR SURE or you have 0 nails left. A little invincibility on it though. Tracking on it kinda sucks too.