Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tataki

[CT] Bang The Older Hero Threads MERGED: Use the search function!

Rate the Characters learning curve rating.  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Characters learning curve rating.

• 1- Easy
    • 10- Very Hard

Just figured out that you can combo most characters into steel rain while in Fuurinkazan off any ground D counter hit, but works best in the corner off of a 6D CH. They will begin to climb into the air so I like to j.D and j.C after they tech out of the top, it kinda pushes them back down into the top of the umbrella for max hits, and while in FRKZ you can get maybe 3-4 j.D in you do it just right. Tested it on Jin, Ragna, Rachel, Tager, Litchi, and Nu. If you have 100 meter you can RC the first hits of the super to jump and repeatedly j.D even faster which lets them tech inside the super for guaranteed block or CH and punish. Also, I tested double jump command grab right as they hit the top of the umbrella, it catches them at the end of their tech invincibility and sends them back down into the rain. From my testing, the first part of the setup does anywhere from 3k to 5.5k depending on the character and how many nails you have left. If they tech and dont block, continuing the reps of j.D can deal massive damage. In one session, I managed to kill Ragna from full life in training mode by 6D(CH) in the corner with a buffered 214214B before the 6D hits then j.D reps. Against people i would trade an 8 air dash for a 6 to cross them up in the air and continue with j.D. So, yeah, I would say the best use for this is for a combo and followup pressure in the corner while in FRKZ or with 100 meter and 12 nails, unblockable setup.

Does anybody know how this combo works? It goes like this 2D j.8D 236C I can't get the shurikens to come out fast enough

2D > j.8D > 8236C is how I do it. after j.8D, hit 8 and immediately do 236C.

One more question, how do you know when you can combo in to his 6C because most of the time it just whiffs which doesn't seem so reliant.

One more question, how do you know when you can combo in to his 6C because most of the time it just whiffs which doesn't seem so reliant.

Off of 2B otg or on Ragna, Litchi, Arakune, Tager, and Hakumen when they are standing on a 2B.

From what I've seen, it's mostly an anti-air. Which is why it'll connect on the larger characters, but not the smaller ones. Course it's kinda slow coming out to be a very good anti-air, most of the time I only connect when someone jumps when I'm dashing in and I accidentally do that instead of a normal jab.

If you're talking about the 2d > jd > 2b > 623b > 2363214C combo, you have to input the distortion when the opponent is at the top of the wall bounce.

Hold 9 as you do the 6D, and when the kick connects, quickly slide from 9 to the 623B motion.

Works perfectly

:yaaay: thanks

Very nice. I think bang has moved up on that tier list.

LOL I wish. Or don't. I'm not sure. But he ain't going no where until a death combo is found in FRKZ.

What combo should I follow up on after the 623C? Usually I do 5B 2B but miss the air combo. Is there a beneficial combo I should use?

LOL I wish. Or don't. I'm not sure. But he ain't going no where until a death combo is found in FRKZ.

The 2b j4.C loop in my videos is a death combo. It does 6.5k damage, after a 3.5k 4 seal combo or any other variation of gaining 4 seals, you're opponent is dead.

The 2b j4.C loop in my videos is a death combo. It does 6.5k damage, after a 3.5k 4 seal combo or any other variation of gaining 4 seals, you're opponent is dead.

Good news then. Bang really needed a good combo. Thx for sharing.

Well I was exaggerating, and also meant more along the lines of a 10-11k combo lol. But it also only works on 3 characters, but yeah, will probably kill.

With all the talk about the Nezu loop itself, people didn't seem to notice an important thing- its starter: With a corner bumper, 5C becomes a much deadlier overhead. Usually after it you can only go for a jump cancel or a 2C, which kinda limits your pressure and combos. But with the jump cancel->2BD(bumper dash) you can go into any BNB combo you want on hit, or start the pressure again from an A attack on block. But remember it's not just limited to after 5C! If you can start mixing up jump cancal 2BD into all your chains, Bang can become a corner monster...

I have 2 combo questions: 1) When doing 5A-5B-2B-2C-6D-623B (I know a 9 is supposed to be in there), is the Fire Punch supposed to look like a normal ground one or is it supposed to be a mid-air one just barely off the ground? And is it supposed to be 9623B or 6239B? 2) When doing 2D-j.D-2B-623B-2363214C combo, how exactly should the j.D be performed so that it actually combos off 2D so that they cannot tech/air tech? I tried doing this on the training dummy with the roll activated and after the 2D going for j.D they air tech out of it almost always. Should it actually be like 8D / 9D / or is it just a Jump then D? Am I just not doing the jump part fast enough? These are the 2 combos i'm really trying to work on before moving onto something else.

Well I was exaggerating, and also meant more along the lines of a 10-11k combo lol. But it also only works on 3 characters, but yeah, will probably kill.

Works on Nu Ragna Arakune and Tager has his own version that I put in the video. So 4 characters total, and 3 that are high tier. Not to mention, if it's dropped, it's ridiculously retarded to block, it looks like a crossup in places it isnt, and doesn't look like a crossup in places it is when its blocked. It's awkward.

10stars: Is the 2B j.4C loop an infinite?

After the 10th hit of the 2b j.4c loop, instead of dashing from the j.4c on an angle, you have to dash straight downward to get one more rep out. After that the pushback is too much, and instead of a j.4c, you get a j.c that does not link. But regardless, even without the heat for the distortion, you can do the 10 hits on angle dashes, the 11/12th hit on a straight down dash, 2C > 6D 6(crossup) > 6A otg. After the 6A they can recover, so avoid doing anything that leaves you with downtime. Or if you want to get flashy you can end it with them standing, get the correct distance from whatever hits you want, and crossup command throw.

Edit:

Tech trap video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Su9_NfCJio

1.) It's supposed to be a ground fire punch. And 9623B or 6239B is simply a matter of preference. 2.) Off of a non-CH 2D, you'll more than likely need to do a super jump j.D to catch them. Certain characters can be hit with a normal j.D (Ragna, Hakumen), but most of the cast needs the former option. Super jumping toward them usually yields the best result. Of course, if you get a non-CH 2D as an AA, it's almost impossible to get a j.D to hit after.

Thanks for the clarification. For my 2nd question I only asked because the 2nd Combo off of "How to be a hero" has 2D-j.D-2B-etc. that I started working on before noticing the Distortion combo that involves 623B after that same part of the combo but into the Distortion so I started learning that too. It didn't clarify that it was off a CH or needed a Super Jump to land consistently on "How to be a hero" so I figured it would work the same way with the Distortion one. But I guess both combos are meant as off CH's or Super Jumps needed as you stated and it was already implied, I just figured it was a straight combo. Thanks again.

Hold 9 as you do the 6D, and when the kick connects, quickly slide from 9 to the 623B motion.

U taught me a little Raven, now you will teach me Bang.

Wassup!