Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tataki

[CT] Bang The Older Hero Threads MERGED: Use the search function!

Rate the Characters learning curve rating.  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Characters learning curve rating.

• 1- Easy
    • 10- Very Hard

I've been trying that combo myself against Ragna just to see if I could pull it off since you posted it, and i'm having the same problem as you. Even if I manage to get the dash 2B off the wall hit (which is really hard for me to do consistently), the Fire Punch whiffs every time cause they tech upwards.

I'm actually recording it on the training dummy side, and when I played it back so that I was in control of Ragna and didn't tech just because i wasn't paying attention to the game the Fire Punch landed obviously but that doesn't help us.

Was this a definite combo from a video / match / list you saw? Or did you try and piece it together from figuring out other stuff?

I've done the j.4C-5A-5B-2B-6C-j.D-2369C-623B part of the combo so much now, that I might actually be able to use it in a match......

I pieced it together. I took the idea of Daioucho's triple super crash combo, where he did 2b 623b twice and then the 3rd he did in the air. So I thought I might be able to do 2 623bs into 2363214C, but if it whiffs, then damn :(. You can do 2363214C after the first one very easily. It would only be a combo against Ragna/Hakumen/Tager though since their hitboxes are large enough. However, I also don't know if the damage would be good enough to replace other combos, which is why I was aiming for the 2nd 623b.

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, you should never FRKZ if you have already bursted. The ability to still be able to block using barrior is key while in FRKZ. On another note... this thread should list the combos found using FRKZ.

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, you should never FRKZ if you have already bursted. The ability to still be able to block using barrior is key while in FRKZ.

On another note... this thread should list the combos found using FRKZ.

We have a combo thread for that.

And that's not necessarily true on the usage, if you're using FRKZ to escape a bad situation, or in a case where you have victory guaranteed after use.

Just watched the video you are talking about, and realized something really stupid on my part. Even though I said I was doing 2B after that wall hit, I think I was actually just doing 5B.....I was so used to trying to land 5B because of some of the other combos discussed that I completely overlooked it. I'm gonna re-try this combo just to see if i can do it. I know I personally won't be able to repeat it during a match.

So, after much messing around, I found a decent use for steel rain. After any ground combo that ends with 6d, your opponent is forced to neutral tech for quick recovery. Because of this, you can 6d > steel rain and it is guaranteed to be on top of them. Most useful in the corner. But if your enemy is at low health and they have a dp, steel rain makes it so they can't guess on their wakeup, they're forced into high low mixup. It also can't be bursted safely, and it can't be dead angled safely.

i sometimes use it after daifunka, 5A -> 214214B. they usually tech (or dont) back into the corner after i j.Ad em enough on the occasions before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GE7s4LpXLM

this vid shows the throw break option select when you quick recover - it's of course related to throw breaking during the recovery of moves, basically the same thing. saw this in the mook so i thought i'd better make a video.

what the mook also suggests is that you throw break before landing from your quick recover, then do a wakeup attack - 5A, 2A; whatever. apparently, the throw break window carries over, but i am not 100% convinced yet that this is the case.

rough translation from japanese->weird german-> proper german in my head -> english:

after doing a quick recovery, your opponent will either try to throw or attack you with a low/mid attack. If you try attacking here, you'll very often eat a throw counter. After your quick recovery ends*, use [b + C] and then 2A - now you can use the 2A to attack without having to fear a throw counter. For many characters, [A → B + C] results in the attack being canceled by the throw. That's why, if you chose to roll after you land, you should utilize this technique. If you use a slow attack to mash in between enemy hits, it is OK to do the attack, then the throw input.

*=this is the literal translation, after recovery ends - but i suspect they mean shortly before recovery ends, or else the whole thing wouldn't work.

It makes sense, as the game buffers a throw break for 11F regardless of what you're doing after the input, hence why #D, B+C works.

So, after much messing around, I found a decent use for steel rain.

After any ground combo that ends with 6d, your opponent is forced to neutral tech for quick recovery. Because of this, you can 6d > steel rain and it is guaranteed to be on top of them. Most useful in the corner. But if your enemy is at low health and they have a dp, steel rain makes it so they can't guess on their wakeup, they're forced into high low mixup. It also can't be bursted safely, and it can't be dead angled safely.

After some experimenting, it seems you can just combo into steel rain off of 6D in FRKZ, probably just better to dash super though. I'll figure out specifics sometime this week and post the info.

I've yet to land d.2B after 623B during the one combo Reioumu pieced together so I'm wondering about that too. Occasionally I can land a d.5B but that isn't gonna help with the combo i've been trying. Either way, taking that d.2B and 2nd 623B off Reioumu's combo makes the combo like this: *Reioumu's combo (easy version): (Against Ragna / Tager, uses 50% heat, needs 1 nail) j.4C-(5A)-5B-2B-6C-j.D-2369C-623b-2363214C = (14)15 Hits, (4242)4291 damage, 1 seal. *I'm not sure if that combo is in the combo thread already or how useful it is compared to the other combos, but I think it's fairly easy to do. Couldn't land it against Hakumen for some reason.*

anyone have any tips on landing a dash 2B after a 623B?

You cant rush it, it's actually a well timed dash, not a mashed out dash. After figuring out the combo i put in the video though i had to get the timing down. Once you recover from 623b, what i personally do, is an iad input but upside down. so i input 63 then 2 and B at the same time.

ah ok, i'll try that out. gotta love how you gotta put in 10x more effort just to do 199 more dmg:sweatdrop: after doing a lot of practice, doing 6 then 3B really helps out. you get the dash momentum and the 2B. That being said i still can barely land this combo and i mean like 5% of the time:vbang:. I either get the 2B too late or i get a 623B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJI02Q3My4I

Advanced throw breaks, critical to Bang play for his oki.

Now that I got to test this myself I gotta ask why 1A+B+C? And not just B+C? While neutral 1ABC gives you crouching barrier, but while you are doing a move anyways B+C works the same anyways...

Now that I got to test this myself I gotta ask why 1A+B+C? And not just B+C? While neutral 1ABC gives you crouching barrier, but while you are doing a move anyways B+C works the same anyways...

that plus a throw break

while you are doing a move anyways B+C works the same anyways...

let's assume you are blocking a rush, and try to sneak in a 5D - if you miss the 5D entirely (too early), then input BC, you might eat a counter hit. If you input 5D, 1+A+B+C you make double sure that nothing bad happens.

btw: using this method, i often get accidental A Teleport - button priority seems to be A-B-C-D. if you press ABC exactly at the same time, A teleport will come out.

slide input is possible - input C~B or B~C, however, this will not trigger barrier if you add an "A" to the second input - if you do that, a throw will come out instead of barrier. so you have to use the B~C or C~B input during the recovery of a drive.

Practice (as in training mode) won't give you what you need to become a threat in frkz. The problem isn't combos; it's positioning. And you can only get proper spacing like that from experience (or watching Dora's setups for it :yay: ). The less you have to move around to get to your opponent, the safer you are. FRKZ = opponent can just swing until they get a home run. It's so ridiculously unsafe if you don't have nails to cover your approach. Maybe it's just me, but I can never get the #D moves to cover me when I'm in frkz. I still end up swinging too early or too late. More match experience with it is a must.

Practice (as in training mode) won't give you what you need to become a threat in frkz. The problem isn't combos; it's positioning. And you can only get proper spacing like that from experience (or watching Dora's setups for it :yay: ). The less you have to move around to get to your opponent, the safer you are.

FRKZ = opponent can just swing until they get a home run. It's so ridiculously unsafe if you don't have nails to cover your approach. Maybe it's just me, but I can never get the #D moves to cover me when I'm in frkz. I still end up swinging too early or too late. More match experience with it is a must.

If you're playing someone who thinks mashing buttons is godlike against frkz because you cant block, do a blockstring that puts you a dash away from them (5a>5b>2b>2c is pretty much perfect) then hit frkz, 9 dash and j.c. It'll clear them out with a counter hit.

Also, I like popping it when an attack is coming that I can guard point immediately. Mostly mids with bad downtime like ragnas 214a. Pop it and 6d > combo for very angry opponents.

i pop it whenever i can regardless of how advantageous it is, just to come to better grips with it. i basically just j.4/c hoping that something sticks so that i can stay on top. only time i get burned by it is if i already bursted.

muscle memory :D get to it! thats how guilty got easy. Out of curiosity, what does everyone do off of a 5c hit in the corner? I've been messing around with combos but i want to see if they add up to the damage that everyone else is already getting. Curious about 6b in the corner as well after an rc, midscreen too.