Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tataki

[CT] Bang The Older Hero Threads MERGED: Use the search function!

Rate the Characters learning curve rating.  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Characters learning curve rating.

• 1- Easy
    • 10- Very Hard

Is the second part of Noel's air super automatic? If it is, then steel rain is guaranteed there. At least when I jumped over the first part, landed, steel rain.

When exactly can you land the super off of fire punch? Even when I RC it in training it never lands. Seriously I'm terrible at it. And sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask in, but when to do j.C vs j.623B? Except when one isn't guaranteed.

I am fairly certain that you can super when you palm strike while you're enemy is airborne. Start the super right at the top of the wall bounce and it should work. Such a combo is something like 2D(CH) > j.D > V > 2B > 623B > 2363214C?

Can you give us a small explanation of the whole economy mode and when it lasts, so I can put it in the first post?

There's a small frame gap between 5A and 2C on block, right? So an opponent can mash backdash to get out of those setups. I still really like the RC firepunch for guard crush. Can you just do [RC] > 2B > 2C instead? Or RC into another fire punch, etc?

There's a small frame gap between 5A and 2C on block, right? So an opponent can mash backdash to get out of those setups.

I still really like the RC firepunch for guard crush. Can you just do [RC] > 2B > 2C instead? Or RC into another fire punch, etc?

Yeah, I only opted to do 5a > 2c because it gave me better spacing, really you can do whatever links you want after the RC firepunch, including ones that cant be backdashmashed out of. After the fire punch rc though, you have free range to run up and fire punch again, 5a > 5b > 2b blah blah etc etc.

Very cool. You're posting up some great info btw 10stars, I'm hugely impressed. You wanna be super brave, and work on offensive barrier setups? (If they barrier guard, it removes their barrier meter, after which you can go for guard break and they can't get out. If they don't barrier guard, you guard crush them and can do combo of choice with your 50%) Not sure what good setups for it would be with Bang, though. You need +32 to make blocking the burst guaranteed. Edit: Here's a thought: in the corner, do 5B > 2B > 2C > 6D > 2142147B for nail super setup. Then, while they're caught in the nails, burst. If they get guard crushed, run up and hit them with C's over and over for tons of damage. If they barrier guard, they get barrier crushed, so you can run up and guard break them while they're stuck in the super. Maybe?

I haven't seen this answered elsewhere, so how do you watch the nicovideo vids? It's asking for log-in, but I don't even have software on my computer that displays the japanese writing, let alone know how to read it even if it did.

it's not a dash cancel, it's a linked dash. i also recommend you check the combo thread. dashing 5B,2B is often better than dashing 5A - which is hard or impossible against small chars midscreen afaik.

9-Dash j.C,3-Dash, land, 5A,5B,2B,2D,tap 6, hold D, j.D, 3-Dash j.D, OTG 2C

i dont understand the 2B -> 2D part. typo? or is that actually possible? looks like it should be 2C.

typo, 2C. sorry!

As for the timing, it seems like you want to try and dash right when their body hits the wall. That seemed like the visual cue that worked for me.

As for the timing, it seems like you want to try and dash right when their body hits the wall. That seemed like the visual cue that worked for me.

i personally think its better to learn when bang can move again, you can never know if your opp always hits the wall at the same time, because of spacing and such.

great to see the Bang players coming up with more stuff! i'm planning on making him a second once i get arakune up to snuff. great stuff 10 stars! exactly how i envision a really high level bang playing in a year or so... shit is going to be deadly. -dime

i personally think its better to learn when bang can move again, you can never know if your opp always hits the wall at the same time, because of spacing and such.

Yea, I was gonna say when they are both mid-screen. Because when Bang has his back to the corner and does it they travel too far (for me at least) to hit them afterward. It makes sense to go by when he can move again like you said.

I'm finally starting to realize you can take your time with combos much more in this game than it seemed for me.

Since my execution still sucks, I'm wondering if someone can test this combo on Ragna/Hakumen/Tager. j.4C [5A] 5b 2B 6C j.D 2369C 623b > 2b 623b 2363214C the 5a is optional. I've been trying it for a little while as a whim. Though I haven't checked the damage, etc since I keep messing up after I get the 2b after the first wallslam. I'm pretty sure you can 623b afterwards. You need to try to have the enemy floating a little high after you use 2369C so they bounce higher on your 623b to give you time for that 2b. The timing is a little strict. Not posting this into the combo thread since I don't know exactly how much it does.

I've been trying that combo myself against Ragna just to see if I could pull it off since you posted it, and i'm having the same problem as you. Even if I manage to get the dash 2B off the wall hit (which is really hard for me to do consistently), the Fire Punch whiffs every time cause they tech upwards. I'm actually recording it on the training dummy side, and when I played it back so that I was in control of Ragna and didn't tech just because i wasn't paying attention to the game the Fire Punch landed obviously but that doesn't help us. Was this a definite combo from a video / match / list you saw? Or did you try and piece it together from figuring out other stuff? I've done the j.4C-5A-5B-2B-6C-j.D-2369C-623B part of the combo so much now, that I might actually be able to use it in a match......

Wish i had the ability to share stuff like this. Will be looking at this thread alot more

Just get a cheap capture card and record yourself playing, OR invite someone from the Bang forums to play you.

No one should care about their player match ratio's anyway.

critiquing FTW, ya know?

I haven't seen this answered elsewhere, so how do you watch the nicovideo vids? It's asking for log-in, but I don't even have software on my computer that displays the japanese writing, let alone know how to read it even if it did.

http://mmcafe.com/nico.html - Nico redirector, will update.

it's not a dash cancel, it's a linked dash. i also recommend you check the combo thread. dashing 5B,2B is often better than dashing 5A - which is hard or impossible against small chars midscreen afaik.

typo, 2C. sorry!

Yea your right about the 5B, 2B. That's what I was trying to say, I just typed it wrong.As for okizeme I use bumper and j.C to put pressure on the opponent. I'm sure if it's safe or not.