Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CPEX] Valkenhayn Self Improvement and Critique Thread

Post videos / ask questions about your personal play and we'll be happy to help.

My first big recorded set in CPEX. I'm still currently feeling things out and dropping combos, but I'd like to know how to better deal with Hakumen. I'm more or less okay with offence and defense, but I'm more concerned with the neutral game and  figuring out why Hakumen did what he did.

Also, I know I'm being dumb with 6A. I'm gonna stop that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivLocuynTh8

Loser's Finals

Not much for me to say here good job man. Lots of good callouts, offence / pressure was cool. Defence looked a little shaky but you won that anyway. Also if Hakumen hasn't committed to a drive wolf cannon as a means to hit him isn't ideal since it's not hard for him to react to with D.

Grand Finals

Same as above with defence. The only other thing here is that don''t feel you have to intentionally bait Azrael's wakeup options with 4D/7D. You can use w5A/brjA.

-If he backdashes you can catch the recovery with w5C

-If he goes for Scud punishment there's time for you to jump and avoid it.

Apart from that, really nothing to say except I know I'm mad late in this response and keep it up. Definitely stealing the w6D > j.D > human mixup on wakeup from you.

Ayy, thanks dude. I'm really glad that the critique count was at a minimum, makes me feel pretty confident in my play. 

I didnt actually know that it was so easy to bait scud/backdash, I'll definitely lab that up a bit.

As for the w.6D > j.D mixup, I didn't know it was an uncommom thing, and I'm very flattered to have you learning from me, lol.