Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bandit Revolver

Ragna Critique and Self-Improvement Thread

he said "as a mashing/trap punish tool"

not "as a primer breaking tool"

the latter is legit. the former is not.

in fact i force guard breaks with that move all the time since it's so hard to see

I can see his logic as a frame trap tool, with it's fast start-up and all, but honestly it's range sucks too much to be used as such.

Hell, did you know 5A was JCable too?

I think a lot of people forget this. I myself forget sometimes too.

These days it's difficult to get someone to BLOCK 5A whilst pressuring, because most people have adapted to constantly blocking low, and just reacting to overheads.

there are better frame traps out there

2A delay 2A is a better frame trap

2A 5C is a better frame trap

hell even fucking 6A > TK belial is a better frame trap than using fucking ID in a blockstring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pHVUw6ulFU&feature=youtu.be

Lets just go ahead and say that I'm out of practice. Here I am fooling around multiple other characters just to bring some life to the game. A few errors here and there and I don't think I'll be putting Ragna off of my list, when I have other players like Lumin, Kayeff, GGJ, and Mash (maybe Tong) helping me out. I can possibly get outside of this denial of how I can appreciate my former character.

On a side note, it was just to bring some life to this side of the boards with some active videos, critique to your heart content or just enjoy the show.

Aside from that Derpy Gold burst and missed combo opportunities (That 2C could've led to some serious damage. It happens online, don't blame yourself), you played rather well.

Just don't get into the habit of mashing j.A's too much.

Also, it would be wise to hear what the Haku forums think about the match (Even though i'ts called "Critique MY Hakumen"). They know the matchup too and can point if something is wrong.

In round 2 there was a point where you RC in the corner and just sat there and did nothing. I am going to assume you missed an input or something. You did a random BK near the end of the match when your opponent still had a burst left which basically cost you the round. And yeah Gold Bursts are only +4 on block as long as you are on the ground; if they are blocked while in the air you have to wait until you land to block but you probably already knew that and were hoping the gold burst would hit.

EDIT: I cried a little on the inside when the Haku player dropped that fatal Hotaru in the corner; would have been at least 4k.

Tong

yikes, I now noticed that I was making a bad habit out of ja. Normally I'm que with some of my attacks but it hurts to annoy that I missed out on some good opportunities, thanks for the input.

Inifinite Chaos

Would you believe me if I said I made that mistake again of just staring down an opponent after a HF RC, shit is embarrassing even I wonder if I should upload the video or not. Of course the BK was random but I was holding onto a burst for safe-keeping myself but it proved useless. A surprise burst is still not enough with his defense.

It's difficult to get some matches in with anyone nowadays since CSII is like ignored or everyone has a private room. Hopefully Extend should open some more doors.

Aside from that Derpy Gold burst

^ Pretty much.

I won't comment on the random rapid because it happens to everyone, especially online. Want i would say is that you may be pressuring Haku-men a bit too much? You only got hit by a counter twice, but better haku-men players will punish you even harder and more frequently, because there were quite a lot of flaws in your pressure..like the 6D, JD, 2B. The JD was not delayed..plus haku-men instant blocked the JD.

@0:41

safest way is to just do a delayed JD into 5A.

Also after your 2C..you did DS, then into 5B..which you got punished for. @ 1:09

1. Sometimes it's just best to wait after 2C..especially against Hakumen

2. Sometimes it's just best to wait after DS, just to see what your opponent will do. That's where conditioning plays a role. Also if anything, you can just rapid the DS into high low mix-up.

Note: You can cancel a blocked 6C into Deadspike, if you TK the Deadspike. Just incase you didn't know.

I did like how you were making use of slow starter moves like 6D and 6B on his wake-up though. Nice ragna man.

Yeah, I have a bad habit or pressuring opponents to no limits. I just call it "unleashing the black beast." I know how to delay attacks but I don't know what was going on at the time, maybe the blood was getting to my head. Not enough opponents know what to do against an aggressive Ragna, thank you -kid. (Was not expecting the yukikaze though, even my other choices would've been stuffed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAnKcdIms0U

More footage if anyone wants any Ragna footage. Dropped some well deserved options for dash cancels or failure to continue an overhead

;_;

but the match was overall very enjoyable and I'm sure many of you would come to like it. Underheaven Destruction with Shinsyn.

Lol@Reversal 5C, that obviously was an ID.

Nice reads too, but I think that you respect his oki pressure way too much with Neutral teching.

And some combos there (specially that 5B 5C airhit and the last BK) could've dealt much more damage if you knew the optimizations...

And you dropped lots of delicious combo opportunities.

Overall, nice game.

Hmm..that is one good Jin..i thought that was me playing at first because of the colour and the combos..anyway..

Ok what i would say about this is that, you tend to start most of your blockstrings with 5B..which is quite bad for starting pressure. You have more options if you start with 2A or 5A, because you can then go to implement things like frame traps, e.t.c.

What i've noticed is that with your pressure, one just has to "Block low and just wait for 6B and react to it, either by dp'ing which is unlikely, or block high."

I think you could add more options when you are pressuring, like going for throws/tick throws, GH, jump cancels etc.

Because one could just literally sit there blocking low all day, and just block all your 6B's. (6B is very easy to block btw). So just try to mix it up a bit.

Try 2A, 5A throw. Once you've conditioned your opponent to try to break the throw after your 5A, throw out a 2C instead of a throw (2A, 5A, 2C), so you can get a fatal counter. Just one of many things you can do.

Also your anti-air combo goes like this:

6A, 5B, 5D(2), Dash 5B, 5D(1), DS, Dash 5C, HJC, J.C, J.D, DID(2) into axe kick

Damage: 2872

Heat Gain: 34

Instead you could do:

6A, 5C, 5D(2), Dash 5B, 5D(1), DS, Dash 5C, HJC, J.C, J.D, DID(2) into axe kick

Damage: 3016

Heat Gain: 35

You get slightly more heat and better damage.

Overall nice stuff man.

So i saw that reset @ 0:47..

and i was i like.. ._.

Then i saw the reset again @ 4:41

Then i was like..

421008297_4809bd7b35.jpg

Kid pretty much summed up most of what I wanted to say.

You commit to a j.C when you're in the air almost out of habit it seems. Anytime you teched in the air, and the Jin was only the ground, you came down swinging and got counter-hit for doing so for the most part. I believe Jin can both 5A and 2A you right out of a j.C from above him, so sometimes you just have to accept that and stick to blocking.

Also, your BK combo's make me sad ;-;

I always did wanna see your Ragna, Mash. =)

There isn't really much to say after watching that, but one thing i could suggest is that you instant block more. You made some pretty nice punishes on tsubaki, for throwing out drives, But i reckon you'd be able to get better punishes with like 5B (maybe), instead of 2A, now that tsubaki's Drives have become disgustingly unsafe on block.

Other than that solid Ragna man! :yaaay:

it seems that backdashing into jin's 2D is a common mistake lol

If I can get my broken comp back,and if they gave me an avermedia darkcrystal station in sostitution of my never worked hd pvr(LOL),I can get some good EU ragnas footage:mad::toot:

Sorry that my BK is not as sexy as some of the combo videos out there, if anything I'm just winging it like the bad Ragna that I am. ;_;

Poorly spaced jc, yeah....I have a bad habit of doing so and my combo option are not as strong anymore because I can barely use the character. Uses to apply GH to most of my mix-ups but maybe I'm waiting on 50 heat or something, don't know why I'm easing up on it and reducing my choices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjmuQYZlkV4&feature=youtu.be

Uh, Ragna mirrors are so derp. Got bodied by some of the new blood out there I felt like an old man though there was still some "BloodEdge" left in me. Critique to your hear content or just enjoy the match. Annoying how my Ragna gets the most attention and I barely pull of any cool Hazama tricks, hopefully that changes in Extend.

Sorry, i like watching videos of people's ragnas, so i'll always comment in this thread. =3

Your pressure is looking much better than before, so keep that up.

One thing i wanted to point out is that D inferno divider cross-up he landed on you in the corner. Most ragna players will look to fish that out, if they just do 3C into 22C without the cross under..why?

Because that leaves them in an unfavourable position..with their back to the wall. Plus the P1 of the DID is 100...so...

So just look out for that, especialy if they have heat. get ready to block it on reaction.

Not even going to lie, i purposely don't do the Cross under JUST so that i can do that cross over too. Be sure to look out for it.

The random GH and BE was..uh..idk what to say, just be ready to rapid that if you do persist to throw them out randomly. But you shouldn't be doing that anyway.

Also i think you could use a bit more MEAT in your combos. Try to find ways of optimising your combos for maximal damage. That is what ragna is all about, after all.

Remember that those 22C --> Dash 5A combos work against Ragna.

On a side note, am i the only one that LOVES the ragna vs ragna match up?

Greetings all!

First post for me here at Dustloop, I've spent a few months over at SRK when i was playing AE, but i've recently aquired a copy of CS2 as well as a PS3 to play it on (I was a PC gamer before, but such a platform is generally overlooked for fighters.) I've played AE since around August of last year or so, but ever since i've started playing BB, i've not really played SF, BB just feels more... fluid to me. Anyway! I've been playing BB for a month or so, couldn't really carry much over from SF (My fundamentals from SF were pretty lousy.) But that's beside the point. I picked Ragna because I liked the design and fighting style of the character. I've done some ranked matches, plenty of traning and currently reside around a PSR of about...60-70 last time I checked. I have a series of replay from friendlies I had with a buddy who's also learning the game, who plays Hazama. I believe he might end up putting the video up in the respective section dedicated to Hazama but for now, It's just my Ragna and I.

General Critique would be wonderful, I do hope that the following video isn't too cringe-inducing. After watching it myself i do see some flaws in my gameplay. If you wish to see if i've 'improved' over time, i have some videos from early January up, as well as a few SF ones (Just if you're curious I suppose.) I currently capture my PS3 with an Easycap usb capture device, and whilst it is quite a cheap little thing, it seems to be producing fairly good quality after a good rendering! Details about all of that are in the description boxes of my vids anyway.

Without further ado, 6 Friendlies of my buddy and i;

[bB:CS2] Friendlies with AeonFusion [Ragna, the Bloodedge]

Any and all criticisms are most welcome! Please feel free to leave comments or messages to my youtube if you prefer also. Especially if you view my other videos and do not want to describe changes here for the risk of confusion from one video to another.

just keep playing the game. at this point there are so many things that you could work on that it's better if you just spend more time with the game just so that you can get acquainted with it.

playing more seasoned people will also help as well, so try going into player matches and play some of the people there.

just keep playing the game. at this point there are so many things that you could work on that it's better if you just spend more time with the game just so that you can get acquainted with it.

playing more seasoned people will also help as well, so try going into player matches and play some of the people there.

I kinda thought this'd be the advice... I'm probably rushing too much to improve. Thanks :keke: