Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bandit Revolver

Ragna Critique and Self-Improvement Thread

I'm always up for some matches, and my ragna v ragna skills could use some help. Feel free to hit me up anytime I'm online (GT: FlyingVe).

didn't we play yesterday? i think you won, but yeah i'll hit you up.

Hey guys, I need some help improving my Ragna too.

especially against Jin:gonk:.. I always end up being countered on my block strings:vbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eib2H5WMXhY

I'll let this video show my gameplay <_<

Tell me what's wrong and what I should do about it.

Also, I would like to have some matches with you guys, and learn some interesting stuff. :kitty:

Hey guys, I need some help improving my Ragna too.

especially against Jin:gonk:.. I always end up being countered on my block strings:vbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eib2H5WMXhY

I'll let this video show my gameplay <_<

Tell me what's wrong and what I should do about it.

Also, I would like to have some matches with you guys, and learn some interesting stuff. :kitty:

Abuse jump cancels when you can, 6A and 3C are both jump cancleable and make for a great guessing game. Also, try to play a poking game more. It's ok to start combos with 2A, but sometimes waiting for your opponent to screw up and then using Ragna's long range to his advantage is great too.

i reawakened my skill with ragna and in need of someone to help me get my skill up some, i used to go toe to toe with some people but since i ditched tager i ran into some problems with how i fight, but the good thing is i know more combo's. if anyone's down then hit me up.

If you want to play, just hit be up any time. I'll be happy to educate your Ragna.

i reawakened my skill with ragna and in need of someone to help me get my skill up some, i used to go toe to toe with some people but since i ditched tager i ran into some problems with how i fight, but the good thing is i know more combo's. if anyone's down then hit me up.

Same here cept I ditched Bang. Anyone wanna play me my psn's under my name.

cool, yeah i just got back into the whole blazblue scene after realizing how boring sf4 really is XD, so yeah i'll add ya lol, need to dust off my ragna as well ^_^

I have also been trying to imitate Kaqn strategies... unsuccessfully (End up getting mesmarized by combos). If any one care to fill me in on some of Kaqn's tactics, then I'm all ears.

Tech 1: 2A is your best friend in BlazBlue, where tick-throws are basically semi-nonexistent. It recovers quick, puts your opponent in just a few frames of blockstun, and works great as a mix-up tool into throw, even if you mess up and throw immediately after 2A hits.

Tech 2: After a blocked attack like Hell's Fang, IAD backwards to make an attempted counterattack whiff, and then dash back in to continue pressure.

Tech 3: Mix-up pressure. For example, instead of following with 22C after a 3C knockdown like a sane person, use 2B to launch and do an aircombo. Also, Rapid Cancel a blocked attack that leaves you at an disadvantage (IE: D ID) and attack with something like j.C or block. Opponent may/may not expect you to pull that kind of shit, and the reaction is priceless.

That's three you can pick up just by watching 3 matches of Kaqn's. If you're good enough though, you can learn a few strats of your own and not need to emulate Kaqn to the point where it gets ridiculous. Not saying that these starts should just be used by Kaqn alone, tho...

(Side Note: Kaqn ghost-dashes his 5B in the vid I saw [Kaqn vs Dora 051009], or is it just me?)

General question: What's the advantage of TK Gauntlet Hades over just using Gauntlet Hades?

Recently, I've seen that j.b is usually a better choice than j.C. Actually threw an overhead besides 6D-j.D, using Death Spike less (even though I love the move), Using 5A to start up a blockstring in the air, MORE BLOOD KAIN COMBOS and I toss out anti airs more against a few more jump happy peoples. Last bit, which may not sound like anything, but i've learn'd to block less even though I love to do it. Ragna gets a lot of get outta jail free cards with (fuck 623C) 5A/2A and some 5B sometimes so i'm trying to abuse it. I still need to barrier guard when i'm in the air vs. a few certain people but whatever. I'll pick it up when I need to, I hope~

Recently, I've seen that j.b is usually a better choice than j.C. Actually threw an overhead besides 6D-j.D, using Death Spike less (even though I love the move), Using 5A to start up a blockstring in the air, MORE BLOOD KAIN COMBOS and I toss out anti airs more against a few more jump happy peoples. Last bit, which may not sound like anything, but i've learn'd to block less even though I love to do it. Ragna gets a lot of get outta jail free cards with (fuck 623C) 5A/2A and some 5B sometimes so i'm trying to abuse it.

Nice to hear, keep on gunning forward with the pressure tactics, remember that RC is your best friend and is even better use of your heat meter due to the fact that it can continue into huge combos and allow you to escape if you mess up the pressure tactics. As for j.C, it's a great all around move to combo into and i suggest you use that a bit more since it's hitbox is bigger than j.b (which personally I think is only really effective on smaller hit box characters like noel, and carl).

hmm i found out my weakness...i lack rushdown, in general i have no rush down abilities, i mostly play patiently and bait things but since playing tager i've been having issues punishing airs with 6A, anyone wanna knock some rushdown into me? and later on i'm gonna post a vid with my ragna please give me some tips i'd love some.

Don't get grab loll.

you scared me in rank, smart ragna! i can learn from you.

http://zoome.jp/gamechariot/diary/117/

At :40s in after his D it looks like he does an air dash on the ground. I know what an IAD and it didnt look like that to me. I was just wondering what he did there, unless it really is an IAD and he just did it super fast. Thanks!

I just watched the vid and I think you are talking about a simple dash cancel. Ragna can dash cancel both hits of his 5D and 6C. The DC'ing the second hit of 5D can be somewhat useful as it only leaves you at a very small disadvantage (-4 i believe) so you can try to continue pressure or block for safety.

hmm i found out my weakness...i lack rushdown, in general i have no rush down abilities, i mostly play patiently and bait things but since playing tager i've been having issues punishing airs with 6A, anyone wanna knock some rushdown into me?

and later on i'm gonna post a vid with my ragna please give me some tips i'd love some.

http://www.youtube.com/user/knuxrouge#p/a/u/0/q4chD5DwqKA

I just watched the vid and I think you are talking about a simple dash cancel. Ragna can dash cancel both hits of his 5D and 6C. The DC'ing the second hit of 5D can be somewhat useful as it only leaves you at a very small disadvantage (-4 i believe) so you can try to continue pressure or block for safety.

You always pick Tager when I see you....

You always pick Tager when I see you....

I prefer Tager against Arakune. I know the matchup is worse but for some reason I just prefer Tager's tools in that matchup. I play ragna next time i see you if you want a looksee but i'm very lacking vs Arakune.

I prefer Tager against Arakune. I know the matchup is worse but for some reason I just prefer Tager's tools in that matchup. I play ragna next time i see you if you want a looksee but i'm very lacking vs Arakune.

well its not stupid like the tager match but it feels more doable, seeing how mobility is a greater asset in this fight.