Kinkuli

[CPEX] Azrael - Combo Thread

So I am new to this game, but I think I can get most of these down pretty easily, my execution is above average in comparison to most people I know

But how come I cant get the 6D in this combo to work? 

Combo is: [uW]5A 5B 2C 6D 66 5A TCL 6D [3546 DMG][27% Heat Gain]

They always tech out before the 6D

So I am new to this game, but I think I can get most of these down pretty easily, my execution is above average in comparison to most people I know

But how come I cant get the 6D in this combo to work? 

Combo is: [uW]5A 5B 2C 6D 66 5A TCL 6D [3546 DMG][27% Heat Gain]

They always tech out before the 6D

One thing about that combo is that it's pretty space dependent(you have to be pretty close to them), but that usually would not result in them teching out before 6D. 

I think you might not be chaining 2C into 6D at the right time. You might have noticed that Azrael has delayed gatlings, so the timing in which you can chain normals into one another is not immediately upon hitting people with it like most other characters(which also varies from normals to normals). However, you probably are delaying it too much. The right timing consists of a slight delay in between 2C and 6D. Too fast and nothing happens, too slow and you get what you're experiencing.

EDIT: See next post if you meant the last 6D. Didn't realize you might have been talking about that one lol

if it's the first 6D just practice the link, it's tighter 'cause of the 5A starter

if it's the second it might be because of the 5A starter / they're not sticking high enough to the wall

if it's the first 6D just practice the link, it's tighter 'cause of the 5A starter

if it's the second it might be because of the 5A starter / they're not sticking high enough to the wall

I would imagine they arent sticking to he wall high enough, ill probably have to end the combo differently I guess

I would imagine they arent sticking to he wall high enough, ill probably have to end the combo differently I guess

5D should do / gustaf if 5D doesn't reach

So I don't really post often, or ever even, but I found something actually dumb enough to be worth it for once.

Works only on Jin and Izayoi only, or at least as far as my testing revealed, anyways. I feel like I was pretty thorough about it, but if someone can find a way to make this work on more characters it's definitely worth it.

The gist of it is that after a TCL wallstick you can link a 2D that hits as high as possible, and as a result of 2D's improved recovery in 2.0, you can link 5A afterwards. This means you get free double marks off pretty much anything. It'll work anywhere that has TCL putting you right in the corner.

Some examples:

[uW] 5B > 2C > 6D > 6A > 5B > TCL > 2D > 5A > j.A > j.B > j.C > dj.D  = ~4924 Damage and 37 Meter (you can link a 5C here instead of 5B after 6A and push the damage up to around 5.1)

CH 5B > 3C > TCL > you get the idea

Air Hit 6C > 5A > TCL > etc.

Works off forward and back throw as well:

B+C > TCL > 2D >...

4B+C > TCL (delay the second hit slightly for extra height) > 2D >...

also works off air hit 5A, but you're not likely to confirm without CH. You need to go straight in to TCL for it to work. Also doesn't work off of air throw.

Sorry for the somewhat lazy notation, but the biggest damage loss I saw with this about 400 on a [uW] 5D CH combo, so I didn't think it was too important here.

The biggest disappointment is that this only works on 2 characters ;__;

So I don't really post often, or ever even, but I found something actually dumb enough to be worth it for once.

Works only on Jin and Izayoi only, or at least as far as my testing revealed, anyways. I feel like I was pretty thorough about it, but if someone can find a way to make this work on more characters it's definitely worth it.

The gist of it is that after a TCL wallstick you can link a 2D that hits as high as possible, and as a result of 2D's improved recovery in 2.0, you can link 5A afterwards. This means you get free double marks off pretty much anything. It'll work anywhere that has TCL putting you right in the corner.

Some examples:

[uW] 5B > 2C > 6D > 6A > 5B > TCL > 2D > 5A > j.A > j.B > j.C > dj.D  = ~4924 Damage and 37 Meter (you can link a 5C here instead of 5B after 6A and push the damage up to around 5.1)

CH 5B > 3C > TCL > you get the idea

Air Hit 6C > 5A > TCL > etc.

Works off forward and back throw as well:

B+C > TCL > 2D >...

4B+C > TCL (delay the second hit slightly for extra height) > 2D >...

also works off air hit 5A, but you're not likely to confirm without CH. You need to go straight in to TCL for it to work. Also doesn't work off of air throw.

Sorry for the somewhat lazy notation, but the biggest damage loss I saw with this about 400 on a [uW] 5D CH combo, so I didn't think it was too important here.

The biggest disappointment is that this only works on 2 characters ;__;

Believe it or not this was already known.. but good find

Ah, was it? I skimmed over the thread to see if it was but didn't really dig deep in to the OP. Not surprised, all things considered.

Yeah TCL into 2D 5A route was discussed in the general thread around the release date of JP version if my memory serves me correctly. Should have added it in the Combo post. Will do it ASAP.

EDIT: Ah lol no wonder it was easy to miss that 2D 5A was already known since the info was hidden in the old General thread... Oh well, like said, i'll add a note about it (and probably some combos) to the opening post ASAP.

Edited by Kinkuli

Basic ones would be 5B into air combo of choice. For example without weakpoint basic one is 5B jABC jD/j2D. j2D ender is preferred to jD since j2D leaves opponent next to you when you land. 

With LW you can just use j2D and continue into TCL into stuff. I'm pretty sure with correct screen position you could do stuff like 5B jBC jc j2D TCL 22C 2C 3D/6D. Or if you can't get to corner then you could always just end with 5B into jABC jD or something.

Burning UW midscreen is not really that good since it's really hard to convert after so just going for LW with j2D would be adviced. 

In corner or near corner you can just probably do (can't remember on top of my head) 5B jBC jD/j2D TCL 6A 5B 2C 5B jBC jD

Edited by Kinkuli

I suggest we put IceCube's old oki post somewhere in this thread as well, it's still pretty relevant except for a few things here and there that can be modified.

Updated the first post to include a note about 2D 5A link AND a neat trick against valkenhayn!

IceCubes oki guide can still be found on the old strategy guide. Not sure if it should be kept there since the strat guide itself is bit old. It's mostly relevant still but...yeah....

EDIT: Added new routes from throw Midscreen to corner, Midscreen and Near fullscreen. The route is along the lines of Throw - 6A IAD jC 6C 5A TCL (or just TC valiant if nothing else works) into ender depending where you are at screen. Also pumps up the damage with UW by a bit since you can just do the route as earlier and go into valiant loop with TC Valiant. 

Edited by Kinkuli

Hey guys do some of the old combos still work for azrael? and i also wanted to ask what is the combo for an air hit confirm into j.D -> rapid ( i think it goes like air combo j.D rapid falling j.C land, rising j.C > j.D ) not sure >.< If someone could give me the full combo that'd b great !

Many of the old 1.1 combos work however some changes make some things different/not work.

Major changes

j.D got nerfed midscreen HARD. The old combo you mention of (anti air) 5b j.bc delay j.d RC falling j.c stuff  does not work midscreen whatsoever.

However in the corner you can still do it fine. Here is the easy version (anti air) 5b j.bc delay j.d RC falling j.c land j.bc j.d land TCL 2c 6D or just BHS

Harder version (anti air) 5b j.bc delay j.d RC falling j.c land (whiff first rekka)TC Valiant 6b x 5 6a 2c 3c 5d/BHS

The old midscreen TCL rapid cancel combo does not work at all. You now have to do (5a) 5b TC RC 3c 22c 5b 2c 6d or if you are close to the corner you can do the combo Kinkuli mentioned above.

Don't try to 2c > 2b as it doesn't work.

Valiant 6b x 5 6a 2c 3c 5d/BHS is the new go to high damage valiant combo instead of 5c x 5 since they buffed 6b's dmg.

It is possible to get combos from jD RC midscreen but setting it up is...kinda hard. You basically would have to confirm into super jump jC and gatling from that into jD. Example: 5B AA sj jC jD RC falling jC 6C 5A TC Valiant 6B x 5 214C 3C 6A 5D. 

You could also do jBC jc delay j2D RC route too. You have few options from that route but one example could be 5B AA jBC jc delay j2D RC jC TC (whiff first rekka) hornet jC jC jc j2C 6A 5B jBC jD. Or you could just go with something like j2D RC jC land jC jc j2D TCL etc. 

You can also usually add 214C after 6B x 5 during valiant combos. This varies ofc depending on starter and how high opponent is. Height might not be an issue but using 214C get harder the lower opponent is during the wallstick. 

What's the best combo off of Blocked 3C>Rapid>IOH j.A without weakpoints?

It should hit crouch so jA > 5B > 3C then an ender depending on your screen position.

So, I checked with another Az player who said this works, but I'm struggling on the timing. He said he'll help me out with it later but until then I wanna work on it. The combo is:

(Works basically anywhere but the corner with adjustments)

(LW)5B-2C-3D-6A-iad j.C(this has some kind of wierd timing on it....)-214D-5A-TIGAH-COBRA-into different things based on screen postion. Any tips on landing the j.C-214D-5A?

The idea is to IAD as fast as you can after 6A, but not j.C immediately after the IAD, try to get your j. C to hit closer to the ground, and closer to the opponent.

Generally the lower to the ground the better, though you'll find oddities here and there(on Bang for example). In any case, you don't want to be doing j. C right after you IAD.

Ah, thank you, it helped. I still find the combo jank as hell, but after 2 hours in training I kinda have the timing down. It's a lot more effective than my old route of 5B-2C-3D-6A-665B-stuff.