Sign in to follow this  
furix

A.B.A AC match video thread

Yeah, that was already in my playlist. :P The player is Shizuka, he has an excellent A.B.A. Probably better than Dio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ1RNd6VN0s

Anyone know who's ABA this is / can translate

Looks like Kamitanomi to me. If you're going to search around I'd say かみだのみ is better to go on anyway, in which the case you don't really need a translation :P

He did a good amount of errors there ;P Random Goku Moroha when trying to go out of Moroha ftw!

Man, Dio is so good, but really hard to pin down. I honestly just do not get what he is doing sometimes lol. But in all honesty, I think it's these somewhat "random" moments and things that make him so dangerous. I don't know if I would say Shizuka is the better ABA, Dio just seems to be a little more tricky. Dio vs. Zappa player matches were superb by the way :keke:

Dio vs. Zappa player matches were superb by the way :keke:

They really are. One of my all time favorite matches was Dio vs. Ken (Zappa player) back in slash. Whoever Zappa player Dio was fighting in the AC matches was amazing aswell.

Dio's ABA is always entertaining. It's really a lot of fun watching his ABA move. In nearly every Dio video, there's at least one refreshing setup or combo. Whether it works or not is a completely different story.

Looks like Kamitanomi to me. If you're going to search around I'd say かみだのみ is better to go on anyway, in which the case you don't really need a translation :P

He did a good amount of errors there ;P Random Goku Moroha when trying to go out of Moroha ftw!

かみだのみ = Kamidanomi :)

Hey guys just got the vids up from our last Colorado ranbat, and wondering if you guys wouldn't mind checking them out. I apologize, but my comp at work won't allow me to acces youtube, so you'll ahve to look thru KLT's youtube page to find vids :(. Sorry. Also, in most of the matches I play eddie, but if I lose I switch to ABA.

www.youtube.com/kinglowtier

I'll update this later, but the main thought in my head after watching that fight against Testament was DONT EVER FUCKING GO FOR THE DASH JUMP PUNCH FANCY PANTS COMBO OFF THE THROW :O! I saw that P whiff and I cried But seriously, that honestly cost you that round from what I remember. Unless you can swing it 100% guaranteed, it's not worth the negligible damage. Anyway it's real early in the morning and Im hungover I'll watch it again later.

6:24, could've killed him after the RC'd Butt/2hit orbs with an sjK combo, but who cares, you won the match at that point anyway. After watching it over again whiffing the throw combo didn't kill you, the dead angle did. For some reason I'm only consistent with that throw combo on one side, I'm real iffy on the other, so unless I'm really trying to be funny I'll just combo throw into one of a million other things. ABA's got a ton of great options out of throw, besides like 5S 2S into sj combo/keygrab, you can dash delay 5S 2S Butt for some funny dash jump oki which is pretty scary, you can 2H 1hit Danzai etc to eat burst attempts, and of course you've got even more when they're in the corner and/or have a cranked guard gauge. But to be fair, dash j.p throw combo does look tight. :) Not much to complain about though, looking solid. The two unblockables you hit didn't do much for you, try to set them up so you're closer to him if you don't have any tension. You'll probably at least get a mixup if he's good enough to shake out. I guess try to be a little more aware of your opponent, especially for your 2S. I used to never use it at all, but that move absolutely dominates air, so try to work that into your game if you can, it's really a great move. Other than that, probably need to practice those FRCs (don't we all though). And lol @ 40 seconds in, 2x shadow galleries. Good shit.

yeah I don't know what the hell was going on with my FRC's. Been doing the tedious practice lately so I should be more consistent with them. 2s is still somewhat foreign to me as I never really tried applying it until recently. it's a absolutely fantastic move, but it's range is really hard to read right now, so whiffing it happens a lot to me. I've been kind of topsy turvy lately about the unblockable. I'm starting to use it mostly as a mindfuck, and don't really care if I get a combo afterwards or not. You should see how stupid people start acting/reacting after getting hit by it. You are correct though sir. I need to do them closer to reap the rewards when it does actually hit. And for some reason I usually go for the dash jump throw combo midscreen all the time. I don't know why, that's really stupid of me actually lol. Guess it's just habit >_<. I'll most likely start doing something simpler. Oh and Moroha, Mid screen throw 2hs danzai for burst eating doesn't seem to work all the time for me. A lot of times the burst will just go through danzai......Don't really know how to explain it as I haven't tried it in a while, but am I supposed to delay danzai after 2hs? Thanks for watching and giving great feedback, much appreciated. and my eddie sucks :(.

Also, here is the winners finals.

www.lowtierproductions.com/TagevsOrion.wmv

And I must apologize ahead of time, the matches are insanely long, and I don't pick aba until 8 minutes in >_<. I think i'm trying to out turtle baiken or something and that's why they take so long lol...

The finals are also up, but it's just me vs. Orion again, and I think I win it with just Eddie so no point in posting here lol.

rofl, he shouldn't have gotten IKed in round three. Round two he got rocked by the godly j.D.

Millia's j.D actually has poor priority when approached from below, and she can be CH out even at fullscreen by many moves with upperbody invul or good hitboxes (ie. 6Ps and the like).

Strange, looks like the A.B.A somehow managed to jump before her stun animation kicked in on that last round. Though when she lands from her jump you can see her start it before the IK hits her... odd.

Apparently ABA's bar is actually more like 3.1 knockdowns.. who knew. I've been playing ABA for about two years now, so I have a pretty good idea when a knockdown will probably leave me with like five seconds to get the fuck out or else, and on countless occassions have had opponents hop into IK mode hoping for the best, and wind up losing the round. This is one of those cases, I guess the ABA should've just SJ'd or something in the opposite direction. He could've avoided that one. And while your remarks on j.D are true, I absolutely cannot ignore the size of j.D's hitbox and the knockdown potential when fighting Millias, it's too dangerous to not respect.

Sign in to follow this