Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

akai_GO

Full Armor Unicorn Discussion: Unicorn! Hear my voice!!!

pf832x8.jpg

Full Boost Wiki Page

Full Armor Unicorn is my Spirit Gundam, so I will happily coordinate discussion regarding him :)

I guess I'm just gonna use this place now to list out some less-obvious key things that might be burried in writing on the wiki page:

• FA Mode's 2B might seem weak, but it actually has quite strong priority
  • The B grenades can be rapid fired up to 4 times simultaneously with Main, Sub, and CSb. It can't be fired with AC, but it does cancel into AC. Also, they can be used facing in any direction and will track your target. Finally, beware that when charging CSb you do something before just pressing B, otherwise you will wind up rapid firing off half of your B ammo.
  • HWS Mode's BC Psychoframe eruption isn't just a purge - it also has the same properties as NT-D Unicorn's BC Psychojammer, and it does Unicorn Mode's 5BC shield funnel attack during the startup (which you can do the BC barrel roll out of)
  • In Unicorn Mode, if you do ACSub, Sub will not have its normal shield priority.
  • The ~BC barrel roll is a command dash when used in red lock rang, always moving you toward your current target - even [4/6BC] basically moves forward, with just a little bit of swerve - so just be careful when you use it and from what range so that you don't wind up just diving head first into a target's BR like a noob (read: me). Also remember that while you can use it out of 3 of your 4 main armaments, you cannot use the maneuver if you don't have any ammo on those 3 armaments. You also can't use it when overheat, even if you have armament ammo.

Loving this suit so far but havent had a chance to play him online yet.  I know he's top tier in MB but with the nerfs to Banshee Norn I really hope he's not OP and gets banned. 

Does anyone have any MU experience fighting against him?  I wonder how suits like Quante or WZ stack against him.

Sorry, I've been caught up in stuff outside the game recently.

@d3taylz and barkley1

Before the most recent nerfs in MB Norn was definitely still superior to FAUC and pretty much every other 3k, and FAUC was decently well-regarded but not OP by any means. After the recent nerfs and a slight rise in regard for FAUC they are now considered same tier.

But all of that is MB, so far as FB is concerned, Norn is still easily the best suit in the game, and nothing short of a patch that has all of the nerfs Norn has received over the last year in MB is going to change that. FAUC is certainly strong when played appropriately, but because of the difficulty involved in consistently properly managing his armor purges, I don't think it is ever going to be considered in the S Tier of FB (which besides Norn includes WZTV, UC, and Reborns).

Speaking specifically to the WZTV matchup, the thing that makes WZTV really so good is that he is so damn hard to get to and put damage on. He has enormous evasiveness with Zero System and his rapid transform, and his rolling buster rifle and machine cannons allow him to ward off approaching MS. That's not to discredit of course that when it is attacking it is certainly capable of putting out high damage with its gerobi and melee.

Form 2 FAUC can square off in a firefight ok enough against WZTV, but it's going to be a war of attrition for sure because Form 2's damage output isn't so high. But between staggering with beam MG to set-up for a quick gerobi or CS shot, and the mobility that rolling BZ provides, and the slight red lock advantage, it can hold its own. Maybe surprisingly, a simple 5BB>5BBCS, will actually take out 40% of Zero's HP, but if you are about to be in a melee fight with Zero you should absolutely Pressure purge into Form 3 for the superior melee performance and damage.

Once in Form 3 though, beware. Your red lock range is a little shorter than Zero, and being basically a melee suit, again, it's very difficult to get close to Zero. You can use shield funnels to force him to move and spend boost, and your Sub can allow you to safely trade some shots with him, but ultimately you're either going to have to be patient looking for a rare window to BD melee attack, or you should be looking to go after Zero's partner.

The JP wiki doesn't explicitly list any MS that FAUC struggles against; if anything I'd say its biggest struggle is its own player trying to properly manage purges. And at this point in the game with everyone outside of Japan just now getting their hands on the suit, I would bet that there are very few players who have gotten a real handle on it yet. So in that regard, if you can't manage the armaments and purges appropriately yet, you shouldn't be surprised if you get bodied by a suit that maybe on paper isn't as good but the player has just had way more time and experience using the suit. It's very possible.