Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blade

[XRD] M.O.M. Mode Discussion/Netplay

Since I didn't see a topic about it, I thought I'd post one.

In case it's not obvious M.O.M. stands for "Medals of Millionaires" if you don't know your GGX history.

Couple things I noticed:

---Projectiles tend to rule this mode, especially items like "Rapid Fire", "Emerald Rain", and the green staff that shoots green bullets (its name escapes me at the moment).  Something to think about when considering what items you want to ban for your rooms.

---Armored Mode is actually a very powerful deterrent against "Boss Mode Overdrives" which are normally unblockable... so if you have no means to dodge, just super Armor through it.  I was able to Super-Armor through Ramlethal's FULL Gamma Ray with it!  Aegis Field is another deterrent against projectiles like Dark Angel or Eddie.

---There's several items dedicated to increasing your attack power, though I don't know which ones are the "best" when fully powered... so far "Rosario of Oath" seems the best (since it boosts Attack, Speed, AND Defense).

---There are two Super-bosses in Rank 14 (Sin and Elphelt) that award you with medals if you manage to beat them.  I beat Sin, but I haven't been able to beat Elphelt yet, due to her projectile spam and chip damage.

---"Kamikaze Boots" and "Golden Armor" are basically the Chipp Zanuff and Potemkin ends of the movement and defense spectrum... if you don't have to worry about moving around much (say you use Bedman) "Golden Armor" might be fun to use, though don't expect players to respect you during a match, since they'll probably go for a Time-Up.

---The higher your Win-count in MOM the harder the enemies will be, so if you lose and the Win-chain is lost, you won't get as many medals, but the difficulty will be reset.

---It's actually a good idea to sell stuff you don't use, like Gunflame/Bomb/Hammer/etc, since they'll be easy to buy later if you're going for the trophy.

---There's a new menu called "World Dollars Store" that lets you randomize the "goal star" (the  stage with a Medal bonus won't change, just the goal).  And the menu also can increase the odds of a rare item drop.  Rare items tend to show up more on "Goal Star, Medal Bonus" stages, so use a Master Key if you think you need to.

---Not sure what to do with the different chests, so I'll list them here and what I normally do:
Normal Chests: Easy to Break, just don't get caught airdashing at the end of the match or it disappears off-screen.
Black'n'Gold Heavy Chests: Three 2D attacks should suffice, but you need to act fast to break it.
All Black Floating Chests: 3 air combo hits are needed to grab this, and it seems to be height dependent, so if you finish the match with an air combo, you're boned.
Green Chests: Gunflame, Sickle Storm, Tyrant Rave, Fireseal all open this.
Gray Winged Combo Chests: Hard as heck to open unless you have multi-hit attacks or are good with quick juggle combos.  Just use a Key on it.
Gray Plain Chest: Nearly impossible to open without a Key, any combo recommendations?

If you guys want to talk about "broken items" or "broken combinations" of equipment that's fine, that's what this thread is for.

---One last thing: Items that have an "Item possession bonus" only seem to be applicable to useable items (it affects Item cooldown rate), not equipment, so I think you can sell redundant equipment for a decent quid of medals.  Any medals and items you earn can be transferred to any character you want to work on, even if they're NOT your main.

Gray Plain Chest: Nearly impossible to open without a Key, any combo recommendations?

I think you have to chain 2A about 7-8 times to unlock it.

Gray Winged Combo Chests: Hard as heck to open unless you have multi-hit attacks or are good with quick juggle combos. Just use a Key on it.

Again, I used 2A to unlock, but it really depends on position of chest.

Lol, there's no A button in Guilty Gear!

I think you mean 2P and j.P (Crouching Punch/Kick or Jumping Punch/Kick)

Cool, I was hoping someone would make a topic for this (I almost did).  I spend more time on vs, but am curious about seeing all of this game mode.

I wish the World $ Store was around earlier.  Ah well.  I'm class 14 & am using Faust, but can't beat Sin.  Gamefaqs gave me some Sin tips:

9x Poison gas, max level.
9x Dark Angel, max level.
9x Stun Grenade.
Tension potion, I think I have 9x of these, but maybe not.

Then my supplemental stuff has mostly to do with tension gauge.
Start match, dark angel (either overdrive or item) and poison gas, get them to the corner, and spam the hell out of both stun grenades and dark angels.

Guess I'll give it a shot.  How did you beat Sin?  His health drops really slow, even while poisoned (and I attack) then time over.

Then I just need to get to the upper right to clear a few more stages & get to El.  I don't know about getting all the items.  Too much else in life I'd rather do. :)

Generally speaking, I was using Sol when I beat Sin, so my setup was thus:

---Sickle Storm (probably the best alternative to Gunflame in the game in terms of mixups)
---DI Volcanic Viper (awesome for combos, but you can swap this out for Emerald Rain, as projectiles gain the "flame properties" of Fireseal or "lightning properties" of Thunderseal.)
---Potion (S) (I had enough of these to abuse healing whenever I felt "safe" during the matchup.
---Tyrant Rage (best attack overall, since it stuffs most mixup or DP attempts, with exception to boss mode).

---Earrings of Rage (Attack power goes up as your Tension goes up)
---Bracelet of Calling (Attack power goes up as your opponent's Tension goes up)
---Firesealed Sword (turns Slash attacks in to Flame attacks)
---Buckle of Freedom (Increases Fire Attack Power in exchange for weakness to Lightning)

I basically took a gamble and threw everything I had in to attack power/flames and locked Sin down.

Once he starts airdashing around, you pretty much have to super jump out of his way until he uses up his items and Tension.

Beyond his "Voltec Dein" he wasn't that big a deal... 

Elphelt on the other hand is a nightmare, since all her projectile items are maxed out (even Emerald Rain gets extra hits as a result).

Don't forget that "Boss Mode" likes to taunt you either "after doing an attack series" or "just before an Overdrive", so you can lay the smack down on Sin during his taunts if you're fast enough and know your gatlings.

Also worth noting that Earrings of Rage/Bracelet of Calling can be abused whenever using Overdrive based items, since you're not actually spending tension, but using items instead.

How many medals do you get from beating Sin? I have level 14 Ky with stats below 20 (and 700000 medals), should I even bother fighting him?

Edit: Just tried to fight him, he is not that hard, but i cant beat him fast enough before timer will reach 0, because my stats are too low. I guess Dark Angel is pretty pointless in this fight, since it has physical attribute.

Like I said in the top post, medals are worth more the higher your Win chain is.

The higher it is, the harder the enemies will be, the more medals you get.

If you lose, the Win count chain breaks, and the difficulty resets.

That being said, there is a 'bare minimum' amount of medals you can get off Sin/Elphelt, it's actually more than what you'd normally get for a "Medal Bonus" stage, sorry I can't give you an exact number.

Also something to mention but, if you have a Rank 14 character collecting medals, it's going to be a lot easier for them to collect a high amount of medals than a Rank 1 character.  So collecting a certain amount of medals with your Rank 14, can make it easier to power up your Rank 1's that are just startng out.

Okay, here's a tactic you will need to defeat Elphelt:

Skills:
Dark Angel
Emerald Rain
Aegis Field
Great Yamada Attack

Equips:
Earrings of Rage
Izuna's Scabbard
Gentleman's Monocle
Bracelet of Calling

Since Elphelt is highly resistant to Lightning/Fire, I chose Physical attacks, you can alternately focus on Slash attacks but there are less options with that method because of the way Dandyman's Sunglasses works/Iai Strike etc.

Anyway, get Aegis Field to at least Level 3 before you try taking Elphelt on... it will nullify most of her mess, and if you just focus on chucking items at her instead of chasing her down, you'll be safe if you stay in the Aegis Field, since she can't really do much against you with it.

All the above abilities are non-elemental, so they will do a lot of damage to her.

If you don't have any of them, I suggest:

1. Getting a Master Key
2. Saving up your World Dollars for a "Rare Item Chance" (they're pretty expensive in Rank 14, but worth it if you can get it to drop).

The combined effect of Rare Item and Master Key (or even Medal Bonus or Clear Star bonus) will almost guarantee the drop based on how frequently I was able to get Sacred Edge, I now have 20 of them.

Another trick you might want to try is randomizing the Clear Star bonus near stages that you want items from, so that you can beat the stage, get the item, clear the Clear Star, and reset the stage again and recollect the item (it saves time that way, though it is expensive as far as world dollars goes).

Also one minor thing: about "Winged" combo chests, since they bounce around, you may have to change tactics to open them. 
---Midscreen: 2P, j.P (backdash on the way down), 2P
---When you're in Corner: 2P 5P 2P
---When chest is in corner: Use a projectile to bounce it near you, otherwise you won't have enough time to move where it bounces.

Full List of Items:

(*Items starred disable Burst and have the Hellfire Effect since they are Overdrives, also non-elemental projectiles gain the element properties you equip yourself with.)
Bomb
Remote Bomb
Dud?
Stun Grenade
What's Known as Strategy <Stats Down>
Potion (S)
Potion (L)
Aegis Field <Anti-Projectile>
Armored Mode <Anti-Attack>
Poison Mist <Unblockable Poison>
Rex Claw
Rusty Metal
Rapid Fire
Banana
Gunflame <Fire>
DI Gunflame <Fire>
Tyrant Rage* <Fire>
Chemical Love
Antidepressant Scale
Stun Edge <Lightning>
SE Charge Attack <Lightning>
Sacred Edge* <Lightning>
Great Yamada Attack*
Emerald Rain*
Drill Special
Drunkard Shade
Hammer
Meteor <Fire>
Poison
Oil <Anti-Fire>
Black Hole
Tsuyoshi-shiki Ten'i
Dark Angel*
Secret Garden
Crosswise Heel
Trishula <Fire>
Ride the Lightning* <Lightning>
Maximum Fortissimo*
DI Volcanic Viper <Fire>
Sickle Storm* <Fire>
T Potion (S)
T Potion (L)
Anti-Melee Rod <Defense Down>
Anti-Armor Rod <Anti-Boss>
Anti-Raider Rod <Anti-Rushdown>
Healing Rod
P Drive <Defense Up/Anti-Poison>
S Drive <Attack Up>
Battery Rod
Scarecrow <Anti-Attack>
Exciter
Purify the Door
Berserker Drink
I-ai Stance <Slash>
Flaming Curtain <Anti-Boss/Fire Bonus>
Cursed Rod
Calvados Bomb
Blessing of the Gale <Item Cooldown Rate Up>

Full List of Equips:

Leather Jacket <Defense Up>
Plated Armor <Defense Up / Lightning Resistance Down>
Chainmail <Slash Defense Up>
Heat Resistant Clothes <Fire Defense Up>
Kamikaze Boots <Low HP / Jumps Increase / Chipp Zanuff Mode>
Winglet <Airdashes Increase / Millia Rage Mode>
Maiden's Shoes <6H High Stun Value / May Mode / Goofy SFX>
Sharkhide Rubber Suit <Chip Damage Up / Zato Mode>
Lead Bracelet <RISC Increase on Block>
Jade Green Guitar <Anti-Boss>
Lexicon of the All-Seeing Eye <Counter Atk Up>
Earrings of Rage <Tension / Atk Up>
Buckle of Freedom <Fire Bonus / Lightning Resistance Down>
Buckle of Hope <Lightning Bonus / Fire Resistance Down>
Gentleman's Monocle <Physical Attack Bonus>
Dandy Man's Sunglasses <Slash Bonus / Single Attacks only>
Izuna's Scabbard <Physical Attack>
Heat Gauntlets <Turns Physical Atks in to Fire>
Thunderseal <Lightning>
Fireseal <Fire>
Wings of Shadow <Floating Jump / Zato Mode>
Hustler's Shoes <Teleport Jump / Venom Mode>
Golden Armament <Super HP / Slow Movement / Potemkin Mode>
Cat Marked Pumps <Fast Movement / Millia Rage Mode>
Crimson Cape <Warp Dash / Slayer Mode>
Teleportation <Corner Teleports / Arakune Mode??>
Stun Emblem <Lightning Stun Bonus> 
GEAR Cells <Guts Rating Bonus>
Amulet of Hell's Flames <Hellfire Mode Bonus>
Warrior's Breath <Atk Up>
Headband of Attention <Stun Down>
Bracelet of Fighting Spirit <Anti-Boss>
Crowned Ring <Max HP Atk Up>
Portable Gramophone <Tension Increase>
Corundum's Shield <Anti-Chip Damage while Blocking>
Guide to Healthy Living <Anti-Poison>
Metal Bat <Dust is Guaranteed Counterhit>
Bracelet of Calling <Opponent's Tension / Atk Up>
Historical Shoes <Gold Mode Backdash / Axl Mode>
The Seventh Ring <Every 7th hit in combo Atk Up>
Helm of the Dragonhorn <Item Atk Bonus>
Warrior's Bangle <Blitz Shield Attack Up>
Glimmering Bangle <Blitz Shield Stun Up>
Poisonous Bangle <Blitz Shield Poison>
Wolf's Scarf <Speed Bonus>
Rosario of Oath <Attack/Speed/Defense Bonus>
Teacup <6H Damage Bonus>
Divine Hammer <Attack Up/Movement Down>
Electric Protector <Anti-Lightning>
Red Tricorne <Air Combo Attack Bonus / Ground Combo Atk Down>
Double Edged Blade <Slash Up / Slash Defense Down>
Swordsman's Gauntlet <Attack Up>
Thundergod's Raiment <Armor Up>
Lion's Drawn Sword <Attack Up>
Giant Tortoise Shell <Armor Up>

Thanks for all the info!  I went across the map to Elphelt yesterday & lost 5 times (KOed by whale & Cake OD) before moving on to other things, but will try again based off your tips.  I have most of the items, but will try leveling up Aegis Field (just got it) & hopefully win, then move back down to Sin again.

As of right now I don't know what everything does when fully leveled up, but I will eventually, since I'm constructing Leo in such a way as to max EVERY stat.

He's currently:

HP: 13
Pow: 13
Tech: 13
Mag: 13
Spr: 13

And already there's a lot of equipment he can use!

Also, like I said before, something to keep in mind, but good non-elemental projectiles can actually be more useful than elemental ones, depending on the item.

For example, normally Emerald Rain is non elemental, but if you equip Thunderseal or Fireseal, it becomes a Lightning or Fire attack due to its Slash attribute!  And Emerald Rain is actually far more effective than Sacred Edge.  Will be useful against Sin.

Been playing pretty religiously since the game came out. M.O.M. was my favorite single player mode in AC and +R, so I was surprised when they transformed it for Xrd.

A few other things to note:

-A full map of MOM can be seen here: (Credit to Silfurbor_Negla of GFaqs for posting and to the creator for the map).

http://image02w.seesaawiki.jp/g/e/ggxx_matome/b040d6788e6232e1.jpg

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/730873-guilty-gear-xrd-sign-/70821754

According to Gfaqs:

-Aptitude level increases damage/effectiveness/duration(?). For accessories, it does the same.

-Possession bonus buffs cooldown for items, probably buffs effectiveness for accessories.

-Once you hit level 150, the medal requirement to increase stats shoots up tenfold as a soft cap. It takes 36,650 medals to go from 149>150, but 370,000 to go from 150>151, and it continues to increase from there.

-Physical (HP) score is not particularly useful for item aptitude, so while I once had about 30 invested in HP, I sold all of it to level up other areas. Max HP went from ~7900 to ~4900, but whatever.

-When your win chain exceeds 30, if you hit a stage past 150 or so, you'll run into a super-powered enemy with a ludicrous amount of HP (probably somewhere around 50,000). In exchange, you get a shitton of medals just for knocking out ONE health bar (I've gotten 30k medals just from one, have yet to actually defeat an enemy like this). The medals will continue to scale with your chain: I've fought these enemies at chain 40+ (once with a Bonus Stage attached), and gotten nearly 60k from one knockdown, all the medals were shining purple and large enough to take up half of the screen.

-The best strat I've found for this is finding an enemy that is extremely weak to fire (Like Millia near the top left corner of the map, level 172), using nothing but fire items or boosts (Bomb and Remote Bomb for oki, Exciter and Sickle Storm for damage), and using Sol in conjunction with (Fireseal, Heat Gauntlets, Buckle of Freedom, Lion's Drawn Sword), manage to knock off two health bars out of four. This is kind of nuts.

-As an addendum to the above, I have been unable to determine exactly where this activates. I've fought enemies at chain 46 that didn't activate this mode, but have run into this predicament at chain 33 against level 113 Sol. Experiment/try not to die.

-Oddly enough, the Thundergod's Raiment sells for more than the Giant Tortoise Shell and is unavailable in the shop, despite the GTS only being available from one stage, while the TR is available from two. As there is no transparent method of determining which gives higher defense, we can assume the TR gives more based on its price.

-ALWAYS check enemy weaknesses before jumping in. You never want to fight an enemy with high defense and weakness to poison without poison items equipped, and lose your streak.

-Increase your treasure class as quickly as possible, if you haven't already. Higher Class = More medals. The max is 14, as per the achievement.

-Purchasing an "increase item drop chance" and using a Master Key guarantee an item drop.

-If you purchase an "increase item drop chance", but don't open/fail to open the chest, it carries over to the next chest you open.

I'm currently at level 154 and counting. Current build is thus:

Sol:

Physical: 0

Strength: 54

Technique: 34

Magic: 28

Spirit: 38

Bomb (14 owned): Aptitude 4

Sacred Edge (8): Apt. 2 or Exciter (3): Apt. 4 (just started using the latter)

Remote Bomb (50): Apt. 5

Anti-Armor Rod (8): Apt. 3

Lion's Drawn Sword (8): Apt. MAX

Buckle of Freedom (2): Apt. 3

Bracelet of Calling (4): Apt. 3

Rosario of Oath (2): Apt. 5

Bombs are good because enemies generally don't block immediately on wakeup, and don't reversal either. Remote Bombs are excellent in addition that they can be activated while in blockstun,

Sacred Edge is fast and eats up health/armor ridiculously fast.

Anti-Armor Rod is a godsend. Lets you plow through Boss mode easily without worry of invuln.

Other items of note:

RTL and DIVV both have startup invuln, so it gives you a reversal when you don't have one.

Glimmering Bangle is awesome. Pretty much free stuns on BS for anybody who doesn't resist stun.

Golden Armaments. 18k. Sell them.

Good info, thanks!

I managed to beat Elphelt thanks to the strategy posted here (it was close).

Worked my way back down to Sin, and couldn't beat him. 

My highest aptitude for something is 2, and I don't have Bracelet of Calling or Buckle of Freedom.  I could look for them... The only item I bought a lot of so far (8) is Poison Mist.

Faust

Strength: 40

Other stats: around 20-30

Maybe I need to level up more before trying again next weekend...

Buckle of Freedom is Stage 169

Bracelet of Calling is Stages 158, and another that I can't recall.

Sin is difficult if you're playing a character without elemental attacks. Additionally, I generally don't remove the Buckle of Freedom when fighting him because I want the damage boost, but it's not really wise considering his tendencies to do AI Reactionary Poke > R.T.L. as well as throwing out traditional RTL and Sacred Edge because he feels like it. I've been chipped to death pretty frequently.

One thing I noticed is that grey chests seem to have their hit requirements lowered. What felt like 12-14 pre-patch has been reduced to 10 hits to open, which is significantly easier.

Did a bit of a changeup to my setup due to Rosario's Defense Buff equating to shit, and to getting some mileage out of other stuff:

Swapped the Bomb for Tyrant Rave (6): Apt. 3

Swapped the Exciter for Emerald Rain (8): Apt. 4

Got Five more Freedom Buckles

Swapped The Rosario of Oath for the Thundergod's Raiment (9): Apt. 4

Got to level 160. God this is a pain in the ass. If I didn't enjoy M.O.M. I wouldn't understand why I bother.

I still don't know for certain if Accessories get a buff from the "possession bonus", can you maybe confirm this?  Like for example, can you get extra airdashes out of having multiple Winglets?

So far I don't see any reason to keep extra accessories since they don't benefit at all from Cooldown time.

Also, my highest win chain is 30, and I haven't seen super HP enemies, just "large red medals" at most... not purple ones.

Maybe I need to improve my defenses.

Got the Buckle & Bracelet, but I guess I need more of them & higher aptitude. Maybe get E.Rain.  I got Sin's health low enough that he went into boss mode, but then his energy refilled & he KOed me.  Maybe you have to hit him out of the regeneration like Gill in SF3. I can try again next weekend (maybe). 

That's why I used the Anti-Armor Rod. It negates boss mode armor if they're within its range.

I've been out of town for the last few days so I haven't been able to test anything. I'll check to see if there's any accessory bonuses for extra possession.

I'm still unsure if there's any possession bonus for accessories. I tried blowing up a remote bomb in my face on two occasions, one with 25 leather jackets equipped, and then one with 1. I believe I noticed a visible difference, but if it was there, it was extremely minute. I'm also not selling 13 Raiments on a whim for a test.

One thing I did manage to pick off was what stages activate "super mode":

streak 33 and on: Stages > 100.

streak 36 and on: Stages > 50.

streak 40 and on: Stages > 14 (I don't believe levels 1-14 can go "super mode")

Stages 200+ might activate past 30, but I have yet to test this.

Got E.Rain, but no AA Rod yet, & got Sin to flashing health bar once, but couldn't win before time over.  Tried a variety of items/acc setups.  No sign of anyone on YouTube beating him.  Maybe some new info will pop up before next weekend.

Not playing as much anymore since it takes 500k+ to level up, but noticed some more things.

Possession bonus gives no noticeable buff to accessories. However, it seems to increase the drop chance for duplicate items. This might just be the RNG on my side, but it feels as if I've gotten items more frequently when I already have a few of them.

That said, I sold all of my duplicate accessories just so I could level up because I don't really need them otherwise.

"Super Mode" activating at 33 for stages 100+ is either random or glitched. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't. Streak 36 and 40 are consistent, though.

Ran into Super Mode Sin at streak 26. Couldn't even kill him once, because he's not really weak to anything.

Despite what I said about Thundergod's Raiment and Giant Tortoise Shell, the Shell appears to be superior.

Anti-Armor Rod is found at stages 159 (Zato), and 166 (I-no). 166 is only three spaces away from Sin.

For beating Sin, particularly at streak 21+ (Nets over 25k medals), I use this setup, now:

Equips: Tyrant Rave, Emerald Rain, Remote Bomb, Dark Angel / AA Rod / Sacred Edge

Accessories: Fireseal, Bracelet of Calling, (And then any two of the following: Electric Protector, Corundum's Shield, Giant Tortoise Shell, Thundergod's Raiment)

-Electric Protector will help if you get hit by RtL, Sacred Edge, or pretty much anything else he throws out, at the cost of mobility. Corundum's Shield will significantly reduce the chip from Sacred Edge.

Open with Tyrant Rave, knock him down and cancel your KD move into Remote Bomb, blow him up and do it again.

When you knock out his first health bar, back the fuck up and E. Rain and Dark Angel/Sacred Edge, to eat away at his armor

He'll either Sacred Edge/DIVV/RtL based on your distance to him, and potentially do another as followup, followed by an attack pattern.

He has a few patterns:

-IAD Vulture Seize * 3

-Elk Hunt > Bull Bash * 3

-Beak Driver * 2, Beak Driver Charged.

His taunt window is extremely small, so unless his armor is already really low, stay away from him and throw projectiles again.

Stock up on more E.Rain's, too, because it'll speed up the cooldown.

Can you please explain what Tortoise Shell does exactly?  It mentions Armor, but is that just an HP buff or is it actual super armor?

Thanks for the info Kaizen, I got the AA Rod.  Stocking up on multiple items takes so long.  I've got 2 E.Rains, 9 P.Mists and everything else is still 1. Got the Golden Armament, but need 7 higher physical to use it. 20K medals to get 1 physical at this point. Checked the map for any missing items & it seems like I got them all, except for whatever Sin has?  No trophy yet, so I guess that's it.  Still can't beat him.  Maybe if I slowly keep leveling up & getting multiple items when I have time on weekends, I'll beat him before Revelator's released in 6 months or whenever.

Pretty sure the GTS is just a defense buff, and for some reason was localized with the word "armor". There's no super armor nor HP increase that I've noticed.

Sin only drops medals, so that shouldn't be what you're missing.

The Golden Armament severely drops your mobility, so I would not recommend using it unless you play Pot already.

The problem with checking the map is that you'll be told who drops what, even if you haven't actually received the item. The two M.O.M. trophies are for the following:

-Treasure class 14,

-Having at least 1 of every item in your inventory.

Go through your item list and see what you have and don't. Blade's item list in post #10 will help you with that.

Cool, I got C. Bomb & S. Edge; a few I'd been missing.  Seems like I have everything, but maybe I'm missing Yamada. Still can't beat Sin, but am slowly boosting # of items, aptitude, etc.  It's pretty low priority, but I guess it can be done.  Still find it odd that no one's ever posted a YT vid of someone beating Sin in M.O.M.  Oh well.  Maybe this weekend I'll try.