Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[UNIST] Loketest News

I'm not sure I understand the first point. Is D cancelling removed, are D+button moves gone, or is sliding removed?

I don't play Yuzuriha at all nor do I know what kind of slang Japanese use when playing Yuzuriha.

Eve stated that "D-cancel is gone" and Isumin stated that "Icons can no longer be re-lit"

Someone please confirm my information and add more from the sections I didn't translate.

Seems like Crystal charge time is 60f down from 61f.

It says "Crystal charge time is still 60f, so the start-up is from the 61st frame".

I don't play Yuzuriha at all nor do I know what kind of slang Japanese use when playing Yuzuriha.

Eve stated that "D-cancel is gone" and Isumin stated that "Icons can no longer be re-lit"

Thanks for the clarification. Going to wait for more info, I suppose, since I see JP Yuzu players are also confused about whether the D cancel is gone. The slide and D+button stance options seem confirmed removed, though.

edit: Pretty sure they didn't remove D-cancelling recovery, since if they did, Yuzu actually loses combo routes and becomes punishable on every single stance option on block (not even shield). Hah. Hoping it's just negative-edged.

edit 2: Not sure why I didn't check, but D-cancelling is still listed in her movelist on the loketest PDF. Should be okay. This is honestly probably why they removed sliding. Sliding to the D button wouldn't work under any circumstance, since pushing it in stance causes Yuzu to exit stance.

HYDE
Lotus and Charged FF can be CS'd.

LINNE
B Hien (63214B) is chargeable. Becomes a low

VATISTA
EX Somersault (28C) no longer has forced knockdown.

BYAKUYA
His IW (41236D) has invincibility until the hitbox disappears.
3C hitbox increased from above. Is now a better anti-air
3C doesn't float a ground opponent. Only charged version will.
623C connects to 236C and 41236D
FF doesn't scale as much anymore. You can combo 2900 damage from it.
Trap (214X) B-followup doesn't scale as much anymore.

AKATSUKI
2A is a low!

VATISTA

EX Somersault (28C) no longer has forced knockdown.

It doesn't have forced knockdown in the current game. (just noting this for compiling changes later) (whoops)

It doesn't have forced knockdown in the current game. (just noting this for compiling changes later)

Okay then... But people are saying "You can tech from EX Somersault". Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Okay then... But people are saying "You can tech from EX Somersault". Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Hm. I could be remembering wrong. Thought you could air tech it (had some other players say the same thing), but I just double checked and you almost definitely can't.

Going to check again in a bit, but it appears I remembered wrong. Sorry!

Nanase: 

j.2[C] bounds

Sorry, I'm not sure what this means exactly. Does this mean it doesn't put them in OTG state, but a sort of ground bounce state (thinking Tekken terms)?

A bit worried about Gordeau. I know the changes aren't final, but I really hope they don't cripple him. He needed a few nerfs (though I main him) but don't make him like terribad.

>Hyde can now CS charged FF

But he could do that already...

Maybe on block now? Iirc he could only do it on hit.

Merkava

Force Function deals additional hits when you move the stick and mash buttons

It took me the whole day to realize that this is actually new, since I mistook it for the throw :v: Not a super-exciting change, but I still feel stupid for missing it.

Sorry, I'm not sure what this means exactly. Does this mean it doesn't put them in OTG state, but a sort of ground bounce state (thinking Tekken terms)?

Bound can be equivalent to Bounce in japanese. One of the people tweeting at the loketest says that move's effect is similar to Satsuki's j.[C] from Melty Blood.

Adding a few more things I saw on Brett's Twitter this morning. Thanks for all the info everyone!

General Systems

• it seems like doing crosscast VO has a CS bar drain of sorts so EX > IW seems guaranteed even at exactly 100. - Tweet

Byakuya

• 3C supposedly has faster startup - Tweet
  • Can cancel the last hit of 236C into 623C - Tweet

Chaos

• Roll supposedly has more invincibility - Tweet

Eltnum

• EX DP Damage got nerfed - Tweet

Seth

• A Dive Hitbox improved - Tweet

Vatista

• Supposedly can be CH'd now (?) - Tweet

Well, I'm both happy and sad about the Yuzu nerfs; on one hand, Slide Holding was hard as fuck for me to master, so being able to play effectively without is welcome. On the other hand, that was why she was so good and rewarding to begin with..

>Hyde can now CS charged FF

But he could do that already...

He could only CS charged FF on hit. Now if they block it and you have vorpal, you can CS so you won't eat a full punish.

Does Seth's orb still have a hitbox? Because the original purpose of his FF was to remove the hitbox.. but they changed the use of his FF so i assume his orbs don't have a hitbox.

some impressions of Orie http://open.mixi.jp/user/1309344/diary/1942382819. i'll only translate the new info

• 2A,2B: Able to delay chain combos for a longer time. especially with 2B
  • Throw: doesn't launch her back quite as far as before, especially noticeable in the corner
  • Divine Thrust (236A/B): Increased lower hitbox. able to hit all crouching characters
  • Aerial Leap (FF): Faster than before, almost seems faster than normal jump. In vorpal, can do FF>j.FF

the next ones are not confirmed by the wirter

• j.2C: minimum height is about 50% lower
  • Air A Command Order (j.214A): Less recovery
  • Sealing Hoplon (22A/B/C): Knocks down

blog also says that cross veil off and the first attack bonus work well for Orie

Those Orie changes make me really moist. Please make those final, French Bread. <3

Although I'm not 100% sure if the Hoplon thing is good or bad. If we can 2C OTG after, awesome. If not... We may have lost our oki.

my interpretation is it would be like 236C. Knocks them up, then untechable till they hit the ground. which would allow for the full combo. but the description is not very clear about if it's all versions or how it actually works