Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nihzlet

HRAP 4 Kai for PS4/3--Button Configuration?

I've been searching all over trying to find an answer for this, as it might be a dealbreaker for me.

I have a HORI Fighting Edge for my PS3 and I love it, so in looking for sticks for my PS4 I looked to HORI first. The Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai looks pretty good, but there's one sticking point--the button configuration. Everything I see says that it has a 'button configuration mode', but I can't find details on what buttons can be configured. Are they all remappable(like the Fighting Edge) or only certain buttons? I ask because I have my buttons laid out a specific way that I like and am used to, and it'd be a huge pain to change that. Changing the inputs in the game settings is sadly not an option because I'm the only one of my friends who uses a fight stick, and I don't want to have to remap the game button settings every time we switch players.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

So I can't remap anything but the L1, L2, and Options buttons. That sucks, because it means I can't use this stick. :( At the very least I need the four main buttons in a more traditional layout of three on the top row and one on the bottom, instead of all four clustered on the left side(2 on each row).

Anyone have a recommendation for a PS4 stick that can do that?

You could always open up the stick and swap the wires around if you don't care about voiding warranties.

It's not too hard. Every button is wired in with two quick disconnects, simple matter of unplugging/replugging.