Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TaoFTW

[CT] Taokaka FAQs

So are there any good uses for 4D? I haven't worked it into my game yet.

I use it constantly to close in with my other drive mixups. Its got more distance and its faster than your standard D. Only use mid-combo I know of is b+c -> 4d~a -> 66 -> 5c blah blah~ its tough to constantly use.

I use it constantly to close in with my other drive mixups. Its got more distance and its faster than your standard D. Only use mid-combo I know of is b+c -> 4d~a -> 66 -> 5c blah blah~ its tough to constantly use.

Grounded 4D works after B+C? I didn't know that, lol.

Grounded 4D works after B+C? I didn't know that, lol.

Sorry sorry j.4D~a :P mah bad, you're in the air after b+c XD;;;...

But yeah, its hard to land constantly, I always use 66 -> j.b -> j.c -> 9d~6 -> 236bbbb by habit every b+c i land anyways :(

If you look at the High Tier Tao mirror match I uploaded, taosis uses it around 0:58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfpXtFJgVhM

Edit: Also TaoFTW uses it midcombo as well. he doesn't have to 66 though because he had them in the wall. Combo #11 :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMrqEzK23S0

Kind of a weird question; I've seen pictures of Blazblue arcade boxes. They only have four buttons however. Does this mean taunt combos are a no go if you decide to play Blazblue at an arcade?

Kind of a weird question; I've seen pictures of Blazblue arcade boxes. They only have four buttons however. Does this mean taunt combos are a no go if you decide to play Blazblue at an arcade?

Start button; taunt

hey does anyone know the timing for when the opponent is in the corner, and you iad->236d-> c for a cross over.. hamepo and fio uses it alot and i seen taoftw use it a few times, i just can't get the c to hit, it always misses... like i hear it coming out but don't see it.. any tips

Okay so I see a lot of discussion, mostly revolving around combos, about "maintaining the ground game" depending on what you do. Or losing said ground game. My question: When you have this ground game... what should one be doing with it? Okay so you got your 236bb 236bbbb... What now? What are her options for following off of that?

My question:

When you have this ground game... what should one be doing with it?

Okay so you got your 236bb 236bbbb... What now? What are her options for following off of that?

You make'em guess.

If you think they're going to block low do a 6b if it's CH it should combo into 5b-> 3c... etc.

after that combo try a 2a because you have them thinking your going to 6b, so they're hopefully going to block high. And after that try a back throw. 5b is also really good for snagging a CH. just mix it up and don't fall into a readable pattern.

I tinker with Tao a bit, but I sorta have misgivings on how I play her, spamming j2D on block and such, or 2A 6B poke games into Slashyslashy. Just her overall style feels mashy and scrub-like to me, am I thinking about this the wrong way? I don't know her air combos really well, though I play mind games and can crossup well... Is there a bad way to play Tao?

I tinker with Tao a bit, but I sorta have misgivings on how I play her, spamming j2D on block and such, or 2A 6B poke games into Slashyslashy.

Just her overall style feels mashy and scrub-like to me, am I thinking about this the wrong way? I don't know her air combos really well, though I play mind games and can crossup well...

Is there a bad way to play Tao?

You can't simply keep going on with pressure and blockstrings with Tao, therefore that type of spamming is out of the question. She's no Ragna. The longest she would be able to keep one going would be something like 2AAA 5B 2B 5C 236AAAAA... There's going to be no mixup there, as 6B is pretty slow and does shit damage, and 236CC is even slower. You also can't do D~B on block, that's unsafe. 6B is slow, if they expect it, they can get quite a bit of damage. Every time Tao mixes up or tries to go on offense, she has to risk something. Predictability is not in her favour. Therefore when up close you need to start a combo ASAP. When far away you have to be unpredictable and evasive while having a good defense.

Now, if a character can get hit by 6B 5B on crouch, then things start to get stupid easy for the mixup, since 2B and 2A are also easy to combo off of. At that point, you can 2A 3C or 6B 5B 3C, and they're eating 2500 or 3500 damage. But this is very character specific.

imo, Tao's best points are: Great integrated movement to anywhere on the screen, fast-safeish moves, extremely fast moves can go into damaging combos, lots of ways to crossup and a long range whiff punish (6C) and long range 5C that can counter hit into massive damage

But then you have her really bad points. She can't block well since her guard libra is shitty. She has to evade instead. She doesn't have a real good anti-air, she has to get the angle and beat the move out in the air while sacrificing herself. For anything to be invincible, she needs meter. Since all of her air moves hit at very specific angles, her air vs air game is actually worse than MANY other characters, even with her variety of movement.

There's ways to win with Tao, but the one you listed just doesn't end up being one of them because of how the character is.

Strangly enough my above methods with her tend to work if I'm not focused on doing anything fancy but just playing around with random D crossups and feints to random pokes to 236A or C or 222C if I feel a tad pressured. About the only matchup that can endure most of that is Bang. I do throw certain kinds of jumpins out too, not just D. No offense to players I played.

Does j.b have any good uses? It seems to have a bigger hitbox then her other aerials, but it comes out so slow that you pretty much have to read into the future to get a good setup off of it, so I pretty much never use this move. Also, why is Taokaka not higher on the tier list? She seems so incredibly safe, and can get big damage so easily.

j.b can be used in a combo from 6a. I believe the combo is listed as: 6a > j.c > j.b > 9d~5 > 5d~6 > j.c > 5d~6 > j.a > j.c > 9d~6 > j.236bb j.236bbbb. I've used it a few times in the air, but I found it too slow to be safe, and it's reach isn't that great. As for the tier list, you'll have to get someone with more experience to answer that cause I'm still a newbie.

Does j.b have any good uses? It seems to have a bigger hitbox then her other aerials, but it comes out so slow that you pretty much have to read into the future to get a good setup off of it, so I pretty much never use this move. Also, why is Taokaka not higher on the tier list? She seems so incredibly safe, and can get big damage so easily.

- It's good as crossup move on standing opponents that have a fairly big/mid hitbox.

- Can also be used if you're "falling" together with your opponent but he's above you, j.B has a sort of vertical hitbox compared to j.A and j.C

22c is not overly useful. the animation is long, leaving you quite vulnerable, and the return is minimal. i'd avoid using.

I feel as if there should be some fancy use for 22c. Any ideas?

Mostly as a combo from 4B+C, or 5B CH > 6c > 236CC. I wouldn't try to use it otherwise because you leave yourself very open.

I played a decent Haku player with Tao recently and I got away with a lot of stuff surpringly, jB has a decent low hitbox for jump ins and links to jA for overheads. 22C I use to get out of being cornered and escape with D. She's really good at sword dodging. Are there any safe moves from Wall Cling? Also any good moves from 3 crawl?

wall cling has two uses: escaping a corner (grab the wall and drive away) or mixup (grab the wall and drop in between them and the corner). well...i suppose three (be annoying and playing keep away).

Hay guys, I just watched this video where tao does 214D past the opponent and she turns around in the air for a really fast crossing up j.C... When i do this tao dosn't turn around making it pretty useless. Who knows how to make it work?

Did the Taokaka do it after any combo? Or perhaps they went from 214D into Sticky Kitty? Maybe it wasn't 214D at all, but 4D~B? Is it possible to post a link to the video?