Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Synyster17

Millia Vs. Bedman

f.5S is pretty worthless in this matchup imo (compared to a matchup like Sol). Every bedman I played so far plays the same: They jump back, then airdash downforward with j.S which is a pretty good button. Don't challenge him by trying to go ground to ground or ground to air.

Instead I like to wait for them to jump back, then wait for a commitment. Jump/airdash in and pin them or use j.P

j.P is pretty much your best button here and will beat (almost?) anything bedman does. j.K is also good.

You can dash in and lowprofile his grounded Task A (projectile which returns) and punish. He has to TK it if he wants to avoid this. This will however make it easier for you to approach him from the air since he just commited to a jump. If an opponent jumps, he must eventually come back down. Shoot your laser... I mean, pin at him before he touches the ground.

Task C (helmbreaker) can be antiaired cleanly if you input 2H just at bedman's peak. Any later though and you will trade or lose. I recommend blitzing it instead.

He has a really annoying reversal super that is + on block. It can be thrown however after the superflash. If you notice the opponent has 50 tension and likes to reversal super you on your oki, try just standing there and waiting for it. If he does nothing you can still go for one 50/50 afterwards.

Never use secret garden oki on him. He will just dash teleport through it, end up behind you and give you a lot of trouble.

Dont forget to destroy seals if he gets any out.

I can't think of more right now, I will post if I start remembering stuff.

Keep in mind that if Bedman has a Task A seal onscreen he can summon the DV version instead of commiting to the regular one, which means he doesn't have to fear being low profiled.  He only needs to do the move once to put the seal onscreen, and it doesn't even have to hit you.