Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blade

Justice in GGXrd Speculation

I've always wondered how they would handle Justice now that they've "revived" her.

Certainly she isn't anything like Ramlethal, DI-Sol, or Dizzy per se.

But, assuming we're going back to #Reload Justice (as opposed to how she was "mangled" in +R), I'd like to see something good come of it.

To me, Justice isn't just about Michael Sword or N.B. juggles or even Saperia Trance wall-stick.

I always thought of her as a speedy character like Chipp, despite having a huge hitbox, even having more air options to boot.  The mere fact they took all that away in +R left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Omega Shift was worthless, so if they implemented it again, it better be like Sol's current Dragon Install Buff (with a time extension when HP is low).

I liked the way Justice was handled in GGXPlus somewhat, as you could literally "delay" her attack in a way. (Her 5H and 6H were identical back then... only difference being that 6H had an electrical effect on it and came out slower).  Characters that can feint their normals can be very powerful on rushdown (especially with YRC meter).

She also had Valkyrie Arc (her trap frames) and S.B.T. (Strike Back Tail) which acted as a DP of sorts but set her away from opponents so she could continue to zone with her normals.

I never liked the way N.B. was handled in +R, as it forced you to play spamming it... N.B. should just be an anti-projectile tool or mixup tool and not be something you have to rely as heavily on compared to her other normals and speed (heck, if I had a choice I'd choose Michael Sword or Saperia as her go-to special or mixup tools).  Saperia actually behaves like Bedman's 6H in a way, but I don't know if it can be thrown-out of (probably it can but still).

So, to sum up, my wishlist:
---Michael Sword = DI Fafnir / Anji's Fujin (Horizontal DP)
---Saperia Trance = Slow-startup version of Bedman's 6H but "fast" when active and cause wall-stick/knockback.
---Replace "Air" Michael Sword with something better... not sure what... Saperia maybe?
---N.B. = Same as #Reload but maybe slower
---Valkyrie Arc = Same as Axl's Heaven can Wait, but less annoying setups to combo from it.
---S.B.T. = Like Ky's S Vapor Thrust or Slayer's Crosswise Heel but maybe slower.
---Airdash/Jump Cancels IN TACT.
---Omega Shift: Dragon Install-like Buff, but more speed/cancel oriented.
---Imperial Ray: Fine for now I guess, but her boss mode should make this a "Special" instead of an "Overdrive" for old time's sake!
---Michael Blade: Meh, I never cared for this... sure it killed backdashers and was a nice DP but, it wasn't as cool as Normal Michael Sword.  Give her something new to replace this.
---Gamma Ray: Same as always with "spark launcher" (Boss version could have super armor like Ramlethal).
---Instant Kill: X-Riser same as always (should look good in Xrd).

So guys, post your thoughts.  What would you want for the "Revival" of Justice?

My thoughts are that justice is a fucking whack ass character that should never have existed as a playable character honestly. Your wishlist also offends me, this thread offends me. I hope justice is never playable again.

My thoughts are that justice is a fucking whack ass character that should never have existed as a playable character honestly. Your wishlist also offends me, this thread offends me. I hope justice is never playable again.

7rBH1gg.png

Oh come on. Justice's zoning is way more comparable to a Toaplan game with the lowest difficulty dipswitch than a post-2000 title with a polarity function.

EDIT: To appease Blade, the new Kaijuu sized Justice must play identical to PTX. Michael Chainsaw.

Are there any SHMUPs with bullets with proximity triggered explosions? I know next to nothing of the genre.

Who said anything about Justice being Kaijuu-sized??? lol

Of course she'd be the same reasonable size as anyone else... I'm not expecting a special boss fight ala Chrono Phantasma's battle with Gigant Mikazuchi (though that's a possible idea for a separate mode).

@Kaizen: Space Invaders Infinity Gene has black-hole bombs that suck in all enemy shots in to a single point.