Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tarnish

[CT] Ragna vs Noel

Noel's 5D and 6D. I'm pretty sure has invincibility.

5D : 6~19 invincible from head attribute attacks, staggers on standing opponent (35), hitstop 3F, 33~37 can cancel to follow ups.

6D : 12: 6~18 invincible from head attribute attacks, launches on hit, 39~42 can cancel to follow ups.

This bitch EATS Ragna's guard meter. She's the only character that will break my guard at least once a match.

if this bitch gets close im dead, i have no choice but to poke and bait..im not sure if its a good habit but i tend to throw noel in the middle of her drive, if i had the choice i'd rather just poke her and avoid that drive.

There is an opening while she's doing her drive combo to throw/counter. Here's something to practice in training mode. Record this to the Noel dummy *snicker* D, 6A, A, 6A, 236D (6 hits) Or record some other Chain Revolver combo you know, check the Noel forum. Now try finding the spot where you can sneak in a throw, 5B, or some other poke. Wait until you get hit and then go. Just practice for those openings and Noel should feel less intimidating and you can beat those drive spammers easy. At the very least you can attack after the 1st or 2nd input. If you can pull off a throw you can do 4B+C>214B>delay 214D>5B>623D>236C>214C. Or any poke and follow through with the appropriate combo.

There is an opening while she's doing her drive combo to throw/counter. Here's something to practice in training mode.

Record this to the Noel dummy *snicker*

D, 6A, A, 6A, 236D (6 hits)

Or record some other Chain Revolver combo you know, check the Noel forum.

Now try finding the spot where you can sneak in a throw, 5B, or some other poke. Wait until you get hit and then go. Just practice for those openings and Noel should feel less intimidating and you can beat those drive spammers easy. At the very least you can attack after the 1st or 2nd input.

If you can pull off a throw you can do 4B+C>214B>delay 214D>5B>623D>236C>214C. Or any poke and follow through with the appropriate combo.

The easy way out is 623C. After she touches you with anything in "D-Stance" You can do that more or and nail her in the face. She has Invi at lot of the time in her head or her feet...but you're rising the blade through her entire body at point black. It will hit. Find your favorite spot. Mine is one move after Her 2D. The Ghetto Ass Greed Server

Now if you are in a corner...be a lil bit more careful.. Last I remember, Spring Raid (The 28D Kick that launch you into the air.) is fully invi and you can't hit her. Mix that with the fact you'll recoverin' at the same time and you're back at square one. I say this after talking about the corner because they can combo into their grab cancel C to Drive and use Spring Raid to set it up. Just something to think about.

The easy way out is 623C. After she touches you with anything in "D-Stance" You can do that more or and nail her in the face. She has Invi at lot of the time in her head or her feet...but you're rising the blade through her entire body at point black. It will hit. Find your favorite spot. Mine is one move after Her 2D. The Ghetto Ass Greed Server

Now if you are in a corner...be a lil bit more careful.. Last I remember, Spring Raid (The 28D Kick that launch you into the air.) is fully invi and you can't hit her. Mix that with the fact you'll recoverin' at the same time and you're back at square one. I say this after talking about the corner because they can combo into their grab cancel C to Drive and use Spring Raid to set it up. Just something to think about.

wouldnt it be easier to grab her if your in the corner or barrier block...hell isnt it some way out of bursting or do i have to wait until she makes a mistake?

Problem: Noel doing a dash in 5A repeatedly. This shit is crazy annoying online thanks to input delay. I can't get out of it.

Hi welcome to Blazblue. Noel's shit is dumb. Only option? Barrier in bursts and try to make then move out with their 5a and wait for the opportune time to DP IF they're going to do another 5a. That's all you can do

don't mess up the DP

Hi welcome to Blazblue. Noel's shit is dumb. Only option? Barrier in bursts and try to make then move out with their 5a and wait for the opportune time to DP IF they're going to do another 5a.

That's all you can do

don't mess up the DP

That's what I figured but unfortunately I can't get the DP out because I'm still in guard stun.:psyduck: She dashes back in while I'm still in guard stun and proceeds to just repeat the process all over again. I couldn't do anything, it was absolutely annoying.

It got even worse once I used my burst to save myself from a death killing combo, now I no longer had any barrier to put up to push her out so I had to resort to trying to IB (which is hard as hell to do online, well for me anyways).

A counter assault would work but unfortunately you need meter for that.

This is just the definition of lag tactic... so incredibly cheesy.

That's what I figured but unfortunately I can't get the DP out because I'm still in guard stun.:psyduck: She dashes back in while I'm still in guard stun and proceeds to just repeat the process all over again. I couldn't do anything, it was absolutely annoying.

It got even worse once I used my burst to save myself from a death killing combo, now I no longer had any barrier to put up to push her out so I had to resort to trying to IB (which is hard as hell to do online, well for me anyways).

A counter assault would work but unfortunately you need meter for that.

This is just the definition of lag tactic... so incredibly cheesy.

just block the whole string, she will always end the string with something you can DP.

thats why i don't take noel's seriously, some are just shit scared of ragna.

Don't play online.

Lol, yea that's the obvious answer and if I had people to play with offline I'd do that but I don't. I don't take this game seriously enough to where I'm going to travel just to play a game either. So online is really the only alternative for me. Guess I just have to accept that there's going to be bullshit during online play that I can do nothing about. Or I can be an asshole and just quit the match when I notice the other player is relying on dirty tactics.:yaaay:

It's not that difficult, more along the lines on how good you are at instant blocking, if anything the bullet dance spam is worse but even then it's easy to predict and counter XD

Barrier in bursts while trying to barrier/instantblock

fixed a little thing

seriously, don't mess up the dp

you have no idea what the 5a spam is, dont you.

i work my way around it, depending on the player i have a little game of spite waiting for them.

i have a question, is it safe to pull out a I.D. (using C)during one of her slower drive moves (like her 6C or C ) and anyone got tips for wake ups on noel. because i am so disappointed in myself when i lose to some random noel drive spammers. they literally will do drive move or 2C or 3C and once they get you they do the drive and then repeat and put in a DD if they got meter. and i seriously dont know how to counter because either i block or i would throw in jabs or 5B and it usually whiffs right through. i seriously dont know what to do. this is defintely one of my worst matchups and this is the only character where i will struggle to beat scrubs =(

i have a question, is it safe to pull out a I.D. (using C)during one of her slower drive moves

Well yes, ID is invulnerable immediately so as long as you did it before the move hits you, you would avoid being hit, and hit her with the ID.

How to beat drive spamming Noel (or anyone that just mashes buttons):

Inferno Divider. If they refuse to block just ID them all day.

Problem: Noel doing a dash in 5A repeatedly. This shit is crazy annoying online thanks to input delay. I can't get out of it.

Noel player reporting! I find 5A spam to be much more effective offline than online. You just dont know how to deal with it IMO, there is no infinite loop to be had, just small holes. Lucky you guys have ID to beat it out, i would personally ID over a counter assault for the sake of having the ability to save 50 heat in the chance that it works. There are holes in it, and the only true way out is to insta block the VERY LAST one of the string before the dash, and then ID. Or in your case, you dont even have to IB, just do inferno divider. Lol@ some of the posts here.

Well yes, ID is invulnerable immediately so as long as you did it before the move hits you, you would avoid being hit, and hit her with the ID.

How to beat drive spamming Noel (or anyone that just mashes buttons):

Inferno Divider. If they refuse to block just ID them all day.

thanks im totally gonna try this out once i play a noel

wouldnt it be easier to grab her if your in the corner or barrier block...hell isnt it some way out of bursting or do i have to wait until she makes a mistake?

Wow.. I didn't even see this :/

Yes. You can grab her, but she could be tossin' a meaty, in which case you're gettin hit for tryin' to snag a quick grab.

Barrier, Regular block, whatever of course that works when someone is tryin' to hit you. :P But yeah, I like blockin' a bit to much so... *Shrugs*

I was talking about when they toss out Spring raid. Its more or less her version of 623

C. You can't grab her. And there isn't a reason to take that counter hit.

Wow.. I didn't even see this :/

Yes. You can grab her, but she could be tossin' a meaty, in which case you're gettin hit for tryin' to snag a quick grab.

Barrier, Regular block, whatever of course that works when someone is tryin' to hit you. :P But yeah, I like blockin' a bit to much so... *Shrugs*

I was talking about when they toss out Spring raid. Its more or less her version of 623

C. You can't grab her. And there isn't a reason to take that counter hit.

i see, i was fighting a noel with ragna yesterday and found it easy to zone her with ragna's fast and manly reach, it seems ID is big trouble for noel seeing how we can do it first sign of a drive, so in other words she's not gonna do shit until she hit confirms your ass.

zoning her with manly reach will just get denied by a 5a or a 5c or anymove from noel that's fast