Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Syklone

[Xrd 1.1] Ramlethal Gameplay Discussion Thread

Same as I use, it's very consistent. Depending on prior hits you delay the 4K so it hits when they're as low as possible from 2S hitting.

Maybe i should rephrase that. Like, i want to do j6s yrc oki but if i go the normal route when swords already out, s sword is on cool down and hasnt recovered yet for j6s oki starter.

Using the above combo.

Uh, it should be ready in all situations using that combo. Not sure why it's on cooldown.

Because you use j2s last which needs to recover for any meaty set up using s sword again. Testing vs various where you can wait for the recovery but the kd becomes jumpable plus you need to take into account various wake up delay and gravity and the numbers of hits before hand to take that into account.

You can make an adjustable judgement when players are waking up but if j6s is not ready you can't do anything about that. Of course you can just use j6hs since it has came out of recovery.

You can use s sword again if you switch to a jd kd instead which gives it time to recover but a 4k ender is a shorten combo so time is not there. But that kind of defeats the purpose if its not 4k and meaty so you keep them standing.

Plus s sword is slower compare to hs sword.

6S YRC setup after 4K ender is really silly. It's a cross-up setup where Ramlethal doesn't have to give up the corner on block. 

Blitz shield wont repel Ram but it will negate the left/right mixup. It's also really annoying to get a proper reversal blitz shield due to the YRC slowdown. 

For a non-crossup setup I assume Daiji was doing 6S YRC IABD j2H 5P1K ? I've also been sometimes replacing 5P1K with 6K or 2D if i'm not confident they'll fall for it.

I don't really have an answer for getting this setup off a double deploy combo, so I've just been skipping straight to KK4K after wallsplat. Which is really awful considering you lose meter and damage going this route but it works on every character if you delay the 4K followup. If its a short combo you can also do PPP wallsplat 66 c.S 5H 6H 66 5K4K. 

If you want to do the non cross version there a few option.

After 4k kd, super jump 9 j4s since super jump corrects the side for ramlethal then yrc j2hs as normal and dash towards corner jk. Of course there is a visual cue but your opponents needs to be paying attention to the animation. This is often the case that rather than visual people use the sound that air dash makes to correctly block hence you can bait.

Edit: Guess i should think of something more deceptive.

Atm its quite the standard either land 2k/2d, jk jc jk.

I should 3dit this some more lol, the super jump version is not reliable since there too many visual cue, just ad lower non cross up.

Any vids of this 6S YRC setup?The only thing i could do is: j.6S YRC>2HS> airdash back>j.K,but it's an autoblock if they blocked correctly the 6S sword.They can be hit by the j.K if they tried to block low.I see IAD in the combo though.So you need to land first?And if you land why is it a backwards,since you have  probably crossed them up?

No need to do super jump.

Just do 4k regular (9)  jump 6HS/6S yrc then double jump the direction you want them to block (7 for same side, 9 for crossup) 2S/2HS. There is really no way to react to it the sword hits immediately as you choose your side.

They are able to get out of this setup if they hit the wakeup blitz timing since they don't have to guess the side. You still get pressure however and it is hard to blitz haha.

I misread, I thought you were talking about j6H YRC.

Why j6S instead of j6H for a meaty?

No need to do super jump.

Just do 4k regular (9) jump 6HS/6S yrc then double jump the direction you want them to block (7 for same side, 9 for crossup) 2S/2HS. There is really no way to react to it the sword hits immediately as you choose your side.

Thats the normal 4k route although it doesn't give you the option to ad back though lol.

Going low or ad back jk is probably 2 most ambiguous change up.

With the normal route 4k route it's kinda of a 50/50 but they only need to guess left or right once.

Since there is no slash back you can't use that mechanic to correct sides ambiguously.

I misread, I thought you were talking about j6H YRC.

Why j6S instead of j6H for a meaty?

Well since we're on the topic of alternative 4k route, the one you quoted syklone. I wanted to always have access to it in all situation.

J6hs variate,

4k kd jump forward j6hs yrc 2s ad back jk j5d (2s hits) j214k whiff land ppp.

Although various hitbox issue where u need to dash high enough to cross over but low enough for kd to connect.

The one I do is bla bla bla long combo 5K4K oki, jumpin j6H YRC then either jump in for crossup, or jump back for non-crossup, j2S fall jK land 2K (now 2S hits). If the j6H hits they guessed wrong and you can confirm into the entire combo, if it's blocked you can either do fall jK for overhead, fall jKjP for double overhead, or just fall land 2K for low. If you go for crossup, it's still really easy to sideswitch them back into the corner into dustloops or whatever.

The crossup/non-crossup happens after the YRC if you jump forward or backwards. On block you get good pressure, on hit, full combo. It's also decently hard to DP for some chars, with the huge exception being Leo who doesn't care about sides.

So I got some new info from Daiji's stream again. It involves the coner KK4K setup. This one appears to be DP safe (Sol Badguy) and you get a multi-layered mixup, all combos on hit, and gets a KKK ender with a solid height. It goes: Splat into deploy blah blah blah.....KK4K J6S>YRC>2HS>IABD JK>(2HS hits)>dash up J8D>KKK into whateves. If Sol dps his dp went towards the corner lol, Blitz also failed.

Do you know if there is a video of this? so i can see how everything works.

Lmao. I meant a video of the new setup I posted, the J.6S one.

Oh lol, I haven't tried that setup yet. :v Too busy with Blazblue.

EW. One sec, let me follow you on twitter then block you

I prioritize God's Gift over Bible's Blessing

http://youtu.be/daLjsqXTpwQ

Here's a more in depth video

Now with working links!!!!

Lol and I here I thought my net was broken.

I should thank maadhum for the only person showcasing 6s yrc.

Note that in game play it is more about getting that option meaty 6hs or 6s meaty, in most case it isn't as simply as the height of jump arc but gravity and wake up time for each character. If your opponent is able to jump and block that can messed up the combo on hit. The iad back variate does a good job of combo on air hit though even if you messed up the timing.

Yes it is true if you do Calvados and she has a grenade held (even one just pulled) she gets 100% unblockabled. It ends up not being so useful in matches since good Elphelts won't just simply ground pull really.

Not sure if this has been discussed but there is similar tech you can use with Cassius since it still travels during super flash. Cassius > YRC > Calvados hits on frame zero DURING the super flash. If they weren't already blocking before Calvados starts then they will get hit every time.>

This is the same type of tech that has always existed in GG with May whale super (using dolphin hoops) and Dizzy fire super (using fish). It's not as practical for Ram because she NEEDS the meter in this game, but it's always a nice strat to keep in your pocket