Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MurderClauz

Tager Questions

Hey guys just wantd to ask a couple things. Im a returning player used to play tager in the first BB havent touched it since then, I was messing around with some combos and had a few questions. 

1. When can and cant you use GF whiff?

2. Is there an easier way then just feeling out when to 6a someone closest to the ground?

3. Are there any B&B combos anymore i used to just roll everyone online with mike z combos, tager seems way more about the long timing strict combos now.

4. Does any1 use the d pad? mayb im just getting older but the stick feels less reliable then it did on 360.. doesn't always do what i tell it(mayb its just my fingers).

5. Whats peoples thoughts on the hakumen matchup.. my friend plays him and literally just counters anything i do unless i put flawless pressure on him.

1. You typically need to get a 3C knockdown in a combo for GF to be useable.

2. Pretty much just have to get down that average timing on most combos for it, but some are really odd.

3. Standard BnB stuff is A>B>3C>GF/AC Whiff>stuff. Off of A starters you can only get two or three hits off a mag whiff, and much longer routes off of B and better starters. Just check the combo thread.

4. It's really just personal preference. On the PS3 I use a pretty crappy 3rd party pad that has the 360 stick position.

5. Just play really defensive. If you want to jump forward always barrier, don't even try to use Sledge, 2D, or J.C to advance since they're easy counter bait, and you can go for a max range magnetized 6A>6C to hit his 5D without the counter actually coming out. If your opponent tries to counter a lot, you just have to take some risks with lows and overheads, or just Buster. It's pretty much an incredibly aggravating test of patience if they properly use Haku's pokes to keep some distance.

Hey guys just wantd to ask a couple things. Im a returning player used to play tager in the first BB havent touched it since then, I was messing around with some combos and had a few questions. 

2. Is there an easier way then just feeling out when to 6a someone closest to the ground?

3. Are there any B&B combos anymore i used to just roll everyone online with mike z combos, tager seems way more about the long timing strict combos now.

4. Does any1 use the d pad? mayb im just getting older but the stick feels less reliable then it did on 360.. doesn't always do what i tell it(mayb its just my fingers).

1. You can use gadget whiff after any move that puts the opponent in knockdown state (laying on the ground or bounced off the ground). For example: 3C, 6C or Atomic Collider. You can even GF whiff after ending a combo with Gadget Finger itself to catch backdashes. ex. GF>GF whiff> 720

2. its easy with a little practice. This demonstrates how to do it perfectly every time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZYDa5xtuc0&list=PLSL4T52ZUssA0WG5lsBmoi0RzXqG_iZAs&index=9&t=4m32s

3. Watch all 3 of these videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTgGLCzA4bHfmzlzIHhddaw. To me combos in BBCPEX are much easier and better than in BBCP

4. I use PS4 controller on PS3. Its D-Pad is perfection. i bought it just for BlazeBlue since i dont have a PS4 yet.

thanks for the vids tager time. those will help alot. I think im still in the early learning phases of tager i guess, considering its been so long since ive played him.. which is frustrating cuz i used to know all his stuff, now i just feel like a beginner again lol. anyway im gunna look into pos getting a fightstick cuz my hands after like 30 mins of play start to hurt from holding the controller so tight haha. thanks for all the help. you guys will be spared this christmas :D

5. Whats peoples thoughts on the hakumen matchup.. my friend plays him and literally just counters anything i do unless i put flawless pressure on him.

1. Only after hard knockdowns. As for combos you only use it on 5D wallbounce and they need to be a character width away from you or so or else they will just slide. For oki setups though AC whiff is the new hotness.

2. No, just practice. Different characters can be different timing too. Just do 6A>2C for safety when it really matters.

4. I used to use DPad all the time before arcade stick. Analog stick feels awful for fighters imo.

5. Throw him a ton. He has to jump out of throws and can't counter them. That opens up mixup options. He won't respect you unless you start forcing him to with throws. He can tkHotaru a throw but a meaty move on oki will stop him jumping entirely, this leads to actual mixup but it can be unpredictable against Hakumen due to this counters. If you think a counter is coming try blocking on oki; worst that can happen is you'll bait a Hotaru and he'll waste stars. The key is to not rely on any one option.

tim gunna look into pos getting a fightstick cuz my hands after like 30 mins of play start to hurt from holding the controller so tight haha

That's probably gonna help with combos where inputs are a little more strict, such as the combos where you do delayed 6A > B. Sledge. Sometimes an extra notation can bring out a 360B instead.

I've been trying challenge #19 over at least a few hundred times now because I can only get Tager's 236A to connect like 1 out of 30 tries. When I do connect it I can get the rest of the combo except I can't get 6C to hit after Tera Break because the opponent always techs out before it hits, but I have the most trouble with getting Tager's 236A to connect.

Why am I having such a hard time with getting Tager's 236A to connect? I guess I just suck.

Also, could someone post how to do challenge 20?

I've been trying challenge #19 over at least a few hundred times now because I can only get Tager's 236A to connect like 1 out of 30 tries. When I do connect it I can get the rest of the combo except I can't get 6C to hit after Tera Break because the opponent always techs out before it hits, but I have the most trouble with getting Tager's 236A to connect.

Why am I having such a hard time with getting Tager's 236A to connect? I guess I just suck.

Also, could someone post how to do challenge 20?

Try delaying the j.D a little bit, you want to the follow up 5C to hit at about Tager's head height so they will be low enough for the 236A to connect after 6C.

As for Terra Break, you need to time it so they land right on the attack at its high point, and not dead center.

The default solution to number 20 is OD>6C>SB(623)>j.C>j.D>step forward slightly>5C>236A>5B>5C>6A>SB>6A>3C>AC(whiff)>5C>5D>AC>SB>MTW>TB>6B>6B>SB

This one was posted by Snatcher in the gameplay thread.

OD, 6C xx spark, 5C, 6C, jC, jD, 5C, 6C xx spark, 5B, 5C, 6A, 2C xx collider, 5D xx spark, gadget, rapid, gadget, rapid, spark

And here is a video of one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clFsjt0FD7E

Pick your poison.

Searched matchups for Tager, but didn't see much.  I'm new to the game (maybe I'm not the only one?) & have yet to play vs. at least half the cast.

I watch videos of matchups on YouTube, but was curious about what people here have found useful. 

Never beat a Celica as an example.  I guess if interest is shown, a character/forum expert posts matchup links.  I'm not sure how to do it.

Edit: Sat. I fought Arakune for the first time.  Didn't go so well.  I did Arakune's tutorial, but wasn't sure what to do on defense.

Watched a YT vid of the matchup today.  Thanks for any responses.