Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monarch

[CPEX] Lambda-11 FAQ Thread

Be sure to check here before you post in the "[CPEX] Λ -11- Critique, Q&A, and Help Thread".

I. General FAQ questions (Story, colors, non-gameplay related questions)

Q: What is Lambda's current relevance in the story?

A: Although it is currently unknown how exactly Lambda returned, what we do know is that she regains her previously lost memories through the help of Rachel and Noel. She now resolves to see Ragna again, and presumably save him (again).

Q: What are Lambda's reference color palettes?

A: Ramlethal Valentine (#11), Lambda's #13 palette from CS (#14), Labrys (#15)

II. Gameplay-related FAQ

Q: What makes Nu a better zoner than Lambda, and what does Lambda do differently?
A: Lambda is a zoning/rushdown hybrid character, that has decent zoning capabilities, and sub-par rushdown tools. She has little to no mixup, and lacks strong pressure, making her not very effective at close range. Nu on the other hand, has a stronger zoning game than Lambda because; her D strings gatling up to 4 times, her gravity well recharges at a faster rate, and her spike chaser has the ability to go fullscreen. In addition, she also has access to crescent mixup and stagger pressure with 5B, making her threat at close range as well. Lambda, who doesn't excel in either category, is just not as strong by comparison. A few things that make Lambda stand out from Nu, would be her graphical aura, and her D attacks. Her D's are level 2 projectiles, stronger than Nu's, which mean they can go through other projectiles like Spark Bolt, Kagura's orbs, and even Nu's D attacks. Another difference is that Lambda's D strings only gatling up to three times on block (ex. 6D > 5D > 4D), and since you can't jump cancel them on block, your options after a successfully blocked string are limited to specials.

Q: I can't RC or JC my D attacks, what am I doing wrong?
A: Unlike Nu, Lambda's D strings attacks summons both swords automatically with a single button press. In order to RC, JC, or ODC any D attack, you must wait until both swords have hit the opponent.

Q: How do I connect 214X > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236D/214X > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236A > 236C?
A: Perform a slight delay after 6A, and then slightly delay 6C. The purpose is to make sure that the opponent is as low to the ground as they can be during 5C > 6C without them teching out, in order to combo off of 6C.

Q: How do I clear Challenge 20?
A: (Starting Position) OD > 236C > CT > 214D > 214A > 5C > 6C > 236D > 5C > 5D > 6D > TK j.632146D > j.2D > j.632146D Video Example

Q: How do I punish opponents who opt not to tech after my 236D oki?
A: 6A > TK j.214D > 2B The j.214D will hit high enough so that the opponent will bounce to the ground before you fall. The resulting 2B will punish opponents who try to quick wakeup, delay tech, or roll. If the opponent normal techs, you're free to continue pressure after 2B.

Q: How do I approach neutral?
A: Lambda's neutral game revolves around being able to accurately guess where your opponent is going to be, and shoot a sword in that direction to catch them or make them block it. Once you've caught them, you can begin locking them down with more D strings, 214X or 236D, or try and pressure up close. That's the basic meta behind it, of course this varies by matchup, and you'll need to know certain things about characters that may hinder this gameplan or have a glaring weakness that you can exploit. Whiffing a sword can be disastrous, for D recovery is long enough for an opponent to close in on your position. With limited reversal options, your only realistic option from that point is to block until you find an opening to escape and return to neutral. Figuring out your opponents habits and being on point with your D placement is the key to being successful with Lambda.

A: Ramlethal Valentine (#11), Lambda's Nu palette from CS (#14), Labrys (#15)

Actually, Lambda's CP #14 palette is her CS #13 palette, not Nu.