Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BackwardCap

Does this game teach you how to play it?

I just recently bought this game because I like the idea of an "Everything's Over Powered" fighting game and all the characters are really cool (I wanna main Yuzuriha). I can't find a tutorial mode or combo challenges though. This little booklet in the box seems to have some info on stuff but it would be much easier if I could be taught while playing, similar to Skullgirls, Persona Arena, and Guilty Gear. 

Not everyone in this game is overpowered. Also I guess you're talking about a challenge mode, which no, this game doesn't have.

"Everything's overpowered" is not a phrase I would use to describe UNIEL. If anything, it focuses on fairness and solid play.

Guilty Gear is a more appropriate candidate for that.

I'm sure it has its own sense of balance but it just gives off that impression when you see most of the characters doing "nearly" full screen normal/special moves that combo.

No, unfortunately. I learned this game through trial and error mostly, and watching others play. Hopefully the next one has a better guide to help beginners.

The release date for arcades is the 23rd this month.
We don't know when it'll come to consoles. Probably a few months.

It's true that the range of moves in this game is gigantic compared to most other fighters. Blocking is also very strong comparatively. Those moves work very well within the rules of the game though. The resulting strong accent on zoning and spacing, as well as fair mixups and footsies is what makes it appealing, imo.

Game's very tame compared to what you said, even more so if you compare it to Melty Blood, their earlier creation. Average powerlevel might be a bit higher than Street Fighter but it's nowhere even near the top.

Also, to your question, no. There's a ton of great resources out there though. System mechanic breakdowns, character overviews, frame data, a match video database with character filtering, the list goes on. You'll barely find any info ingame, but well enough online to make up for it. All you really need to learn through theory to start off with anyway is the grid system and maybe reverse beats. The rest kinda comes with experience just by playing.