kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

I'll try to put my thoughts together.

- I think the new character artworks are the best so far. It might be because I really like the CS artwork, but these certainly feel better than the CT or CP artwork. The lines are solid, the coloring is great (I especially like the way the skin color varies across the cast), and the poses don't seem completely retarded so far. The only exception might be Tager and Bullet's angry AAAAAAGH expressions, but I'm getting used to people being angry when it comes to CF.

- The interface is worse than it could be. Back in CT, everyone got used to this solid block of HUD taking up the entire upper part of the screen, but this one leaves a lot of empty space there. Moving the character names above the health bars attracts your attention to the whole lot of nothing up there. I do like how the unique patterns are still there, but making them transparent and moving them out of the health bars might not be a good idea. It feels that the BARRIER is bigger than it should be, and the number font is changed for no good reason. In the end, I assume that this is either an alpha version of the HUD, or they've decided to have it take up less processing power that's better spent elsewhere. Like having the portraits shake when you are hit, for instance. :v:

- The background changes are obvious, but they've also changed the Distortion backgrounds. The animation is a bit more subtle, so it looks a bit cheaper. Again, feels like they're saving the processing power here.

- Hibiki looks like a mix of many various characters with an obvious mixup-heavy gameplan. Not too excited about him: he doesn't seem too flashy (which is his entire point, I guess), and it's difficult to be excited about a new character when the roster is so large already. His neutral options don't seem to be that overwhelming, so I don't think he's going to be that tough to balance.

- The first thought I got about Naoto is "Damn, those hitboxes are huge". He might end up being another newbie-friendly character, but he certainly looks more flashy than Celica. I like his take on the boxing playstyle, seems different enough from Makoto and Azrael, and I wonder how it can be combined with his wide-ranged Drive (?) attacks.

- I assume Nine won't be a DLC, but rather an arcade character that will be added later, like Ramlethal or Izayoi.

- I love Arakune's web bubble, and I don't even play him.

- Platinum's low Mami might mean lots of good things for her.

- I wish we had a better look at Tager's new throw: I love throwing people around the screen.

- No idea what's going on with Bullet's new move. It seems like it gives her Heat-Up, but since she starts in H2, that's tough to see properly. And anyways, she doesn't really need any more ways to get it, she needs better neutral and mix-up game. Too bad they didn't even show this move outside a combo.

- It's all fine and good that Celica can heal with no meter, but since it seems to be a follow-up move, that just makes her into another Ragna. Will she stay as bland as before? I sure hope not.

I don't know, these trailers always get me hyped, even though the rest of the players I know hate everything they see in it. Can't wait for next week!

Holy shit what have woken up to? I was not expecting news of a new BB so soon. Then again, ASW has a tendency to announce new installments around the time recent localizations so perhaps I ought to not be so surprised.

So let's talk about the trailer. Naoto, Hibiki and Nine? Hype. Seemingly every character getting new moves or being redone from the ground up? Hell yeah! People also shouldn't worry about the new HUD. Remember back when CP was announced and Azrael had those meter indicators for his weaknesses? Yeah, there isn't much to worry about. Chances are the HUD will change between now and the released.

The 2 things I noticed though are these:

1. Is it just me or does the color seem..."muted"? Like, CP's released trailer was like a blast of colorful and bright back when it was first announced. This one feels more subdued and "sad" (as in the feeling it gives off, not the state). I dunno if this is done for story reasons and it is neither good or bad, but I am unsure if I like it. The only thing I am not really pleased by is the OD timer. It's a little bit invasive in my opinion despite the fact that I am sure it is there with the intent of helping out players.

2. Perhaps it is the editing, the youtube video formatting or some other factor(s) but the "gameplay" looked clunky and disjointed to me. I can't exactly explain it but that's just how it looks from a first impressions view.

That said I am hype so much right now. Looking forward to seeing more in the coming future.

I see that Lambda has this new flipkick like move and Mu's steins move around like homing missles or something?

I woke up and thought April Fools came early or something.

I see that Lambda has this new flipkick like move

Did you notice the sword coming in from behind for a pincer attack with that kick? Because I did, and I was like "what? :O"

I sure wish there weren't so many out of context supers cut short to where we only see the cinematic :( now how am I supposed to know what they do?

I sure wish there weren't so many out of context supers cut short to where we only see the cinematic :( now how am I supposed to know what they do?

Come to the loketest? It's a "Teaser" PV for a reason.

Seems to me that they're trying to follow the growing minimalist trend in fighting game HUDs that we're seeing in recent games (just look at SFV and MKX and compare them to SFIV and MK9).

That said, the HUD could use a bit more work when it comes to things like the labels and general layout of some of the elements.

Makoto looks to have an unblockable now, and it wall bounces. Yaasssssssss.

But it's weird that you don't have to charge it to level 3 it looks like. It's just a move that you do. Also I noticed that Hibiki has her shadow clone moves, although in a different form.

Also, I'm loling at the new Dark Flame Master character.

hmmmm, Rachel got a new pin summon that plants itself into the ground and summon a swarm of black bats above to form a blockade. Also, Tempest Dallia comes down at an angle instead of going horizontally across the screen now? Might just be an alternate version. 

- No idea what's going on with Bullet's new move. It seems like it gives her Heat-Up, but since she starts in H2, that's tough to see properly. And anyways, she doesn't really need any more ways to get it, she needs better neutral and mix-up game. Too bad they didn't even show this move outside a combo.

Yeah, I'm having trouble getting a read on this new move from only what we could see. Based on the fiery effects of the move and the damage it adds to the combo on its own, I think it's definitely a move that either uses our drive or gets better with our Heat Level but it's hard to tell. In any case, it seems like it only really exists for midscreen combos.

Wow just when I was getting excited for another game, then I see this, it looks really great.

I really love the new character art, I've always loved Yuuki Katou's illustrations. Very excited.

OMG DOES TAGER FINALLY HAVE A NEW SUPER!!! http://gifmaker.cc/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2015071121mWQbmTC5XcSkMucKlOOwGc&file=output_rQOQlw.gif

PLUS HIS NEW THROW LOOKS AMAZING!!! This trailer definaltey did not Dissapoint!!!

From your gif I just realized that the character pics shake when getting hit (at least with that distortion), has that always been the case?

I've noticed that supers now automatically end Overdrive. It happens in the trailer when Ragna uses his new super on Terumi. Interesting change.

I've noticed that supers now automatically end Overdrive. 

But it doesn't always happen.

Take a look at Ragna's Carnage Scissors (around 0:30) or Terumi's Cursed Sting (around 0:38)

There's something really strange going on with OD Distortions...

I wonder what that "Attention!" text is which comes when Nu hits Mu around 0:31. It's the 4th hit in a combo, but the attack comes from behind. Could be a sign for a cross-ups or something..?

Take a look at Ragna's Carnage Scissors (around 0:30) or Terumi's Cursed Sting (around 0:38)

Maybe they've decided to include OD-only supers for everyone instead of just Carl's "Arpeggio of Oblivion" and OD-only supers end OD early.

Maybe there are now distortions that are only available in OD that cause it? That Ragna distortion looked new. Guess we'll find out in the Famitsu article...hopefully. 

EDIT: Tokkan beat me to it ;.;

I wonder what that "Attention!" text is which comes when Nu hits Mu around 0:31. It's the 4th hit in a combo, but the attack comes from behind. Could be a sign for a cross-ups or something..?

It has to do with the purple thing on Mu's OD probably.

Combos look like they will last forever while dealing no damage again, and Jubei is still not playable.

2/10

Bit disappointed that Mori seems to have ditched the idea of tag battles/assist characters. I guess they decided it would be too difficult to balance with such a large cast and would alienate longtime players. Would also prevent a PS3 version, or at least make porting it more difficult.

Did you notice the sword coming in from behind for a pincer attack with that kick? Because I did, and I was like "what? :O"

Oh yeah, I did. That was a wtf moment there, lol.

Bit disappointed that Mori seems to have ditched the idea of tag battles/assist characters. I guess they decided it would be too difficult to balance with such a large cast and would alienate longtime players.

He only JUST asked about it. No way could anyone implement something like that so quickly. Besides, it was only a PV for the fresh arcade version, nothing suggests that a tag battle wouldn't be implemented some time along the road as a future arcade installment or as a console mode.

He only JUST asked about it. No way could anyone implement something like that so quickly. Besides, it was only a PV for the fresh arcade version, nothing suggests that a tag battle wouldn't be implemented some time along the road as a future arcade installment or as a console mode.

If they did it as a console extra, it would probably just be traditional KOF-style team battles like some versions of Guilty Gear had. Those aren't demanding on the hardware and require barely any extra programming.

Aside from a possible Extend version, I really think this is gonna be the last BB with 2D characters. The next game will be in full 3D and comparable to Xrd, with the roster pruned back to Calamity Trigger levels. Should be easier to implement tag battles if they're already switching over to a new engine.