kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

I miss the 3-way j.236D cross-ups so much ;(

RIP j.236D CROSSUPS

that along with a bunch of other jin gimmicks were so fun

why arent we seeing Half black beast ragna - and also damn Nine is a slammin hottie 

and did anyone else realize what a rip off Naoto seems to be of Carmine? 

Near the end of the trailer, you can see Jin about to face off against what seems to be a berserk!Ragna.

I didn't really play GG (still kinda don't) back in the day but didn't Ky have a j.D where he dropped a lightning cross that kinda looks like Jin's new ice move that could be used for cross-ups?

I miss the 3-way j.236D cross-ups so much ;(

He still does have the plain jD one which is less good (which now makes his projectiles better), he also had a force break form of that which stayed out for longer, did multiple hits and acted as a combo breaker/shield tool which was really good and annoying. Jin's ice thing seemed to do more than 1 hits so it reminds me of the force break more than the regular jD orbs. He was basically really hard to approach when he set that thing out, it was active for a long while and all you could do was wait it out or dance around it.

Was Celica in CP:EX just a straightup port of the arcade version, or did they make changes?

it makes me wonder how much they will be changing with her seeing as how she is pretty damn new compared to any other character 

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/Dreikoo/43t423ewf23_zpsqbl48m6o.png~original

Here's the naked exploded Bang, I wonder if he'll remain naked for the rest of the battle after this lol.

Was Celica in CP:EX just a straightup port of the arcade version, or did they make changes?

it makes me wonder how much they will be changing with her seeing as how she is pretty damn new compared to any other character

No changes at all from arcade cp2 to console CPE.

I really feel as though this was the case at first, but now they're actually trying to be serious.

either that or I am just really bad at detecting satire

The story does seem to be getting more serious (basically doomsday), I think. There's still some parody with the gag endings but who knows. Don't know what 'chuuni' means, anyway. 

Hakumen wearing a mask, does chokeslams and wants to murder his brother. He's now attitude era Kane lol.

I'm really excited for this! Naoto looks cool too

The story does seem to be getting more serious (basically doomsday), I think. There's still some parody with the gag endings but who knows. Don't know what 'chuuni' means, anyway. 

"Chuuni" basically refers to the kind of over-the-top, wannabe-pretentious, and hilariously cheesy kind of melodrama that BB revels in. Characters with over-the-top powers, a plotline that is so laden with crazy shit that it barely makes any sense anymore, that kind of thing.

"Chuuni" basically refers to the kind of over-the-top, wannabe-pretentious, and hilariously cheesy kind of melodrama that BB revels in. Characters with over-the-top powers, a plotline that is so laden with crazy shit that it barely makes any sense anymore, that kind of thing.

8th grade syndrome m8

I'm definitely intriogued at the whole air slam thing. I know Azrael and Ragna got it but I wanna see who else has it.

You mean what's shown at 0:32 of the video? Could that be a new follow-up to Hornet Chaser?

Also, I agree about the new artwork being awesome. Hibiki looks promising.

No unreal engine port for the last blazblue :(

Who said this will be the last BlazBlue? Mori said that this one will only conclude Ragnas story. The universe itself will still exist.

To be honest, it would be kinda dumb to throw away such a big franchise which has a quite large number of fans.

It's likely to be the last major game we have for a while, barring remakes. We might get something ala Xrd but that's wishful thinking.

I think expecting BB to jump into the Xrd-style look is illogical. BB hasn't had the same dead time as Xrd has and there's no need for it to reinvent itself. The whole entire reason they did Xrd like that was BECAUSE of BB being as it currently is. It'd go against logic for them to just turn BB into Xrd and have it not stand out.

Also I kinda laugh at the notion of a fighting game story the likes of BB ever ending in a way that can't be arm-twisted enough to allow for more full-scale story sequels to exist if the makers so desire it.

I think expecting BB to jump into the Xrd-style look is illogical. BB hasn't had the same dead time as Xrd has and there's no need for it to reinvent itself. The whole entire reason they did Xrd like that was BECAUSE of BB being as it currently is. It'd go against logic for them to just turn BB into Xrd and have it not stand out.

Also I kinda laugh at the notion of a fighting game story the likes of BB ever ending in a way that can't be arm-twisted enough to allow for more full-scale story sequels to exist if the makers so desire it.

everyone dies, the end.

screencap this post because in 10 years i will be correct

everyone dies, the end.

screencap this post because in 10 years i will be correct

Yeah, cause death sure seems to stop chars like Terumi from being in future games alright!

Yeah, cause death sure seems to stop chars like Terumi from being in future games alright!

aka, the entire universe implodes and everything ceases to exist

that sort of thing yknow

lets not steer this into some thread offtopic story discussion because i will just try to argue despite the fact that i don't know shit about the bb storyline for the sake of pointless banter

And yet, its that type of shit that sells. Arcsys is aware of this.

We still don't know what copasity the dead characters are being used for in this version.

For all we know the dead characters, story wise might be being used to cover flashbacks or something along those lines.

Remember in Noel's arcade mode she faught herself (Mu-12) so she could gain control of her power, this was done all inside her head and NOT in reality.

People are making judgments on less than 4:00 mins of a trailer without knowing the full scale of the story.

Believe me I was like "but isn't he/she dead?" but then I thought about it and was like, I'll just wait and see how this plays out over the next few months.

We still don't know what copasity the dead characters are being used for in this version.

For all we know the dead characters, story wise might be being used to cover flashbacks or something along those lines.

Remember in Noel's arcade mode she faught herself (Mu-12) so she could gain control of her power, this was done all inside her head and NOT in reality.

People are making judgments on less than 4:00 mins of a trailer without knowing the full scale of the story.

Believe me I was like "but isn't he/she dead?" but then I thought about it and was like, I'll just wait and see how this plays out over the next few months.

Yes. My point is something in this vein can always be employed by anyone with half the desire to explain away why "despite the fact that BB ended, it actually didn't end" in such a way that would allow infinite BB games to keep being made as long as they're financially viable.

Even if certain characters are dead there's no reason to remove them from being playable. It would be pretty dumb to main a character only for that character to be completely gone in the next game all due to story, right? It's completely possible for a character to be playable but be seen very little of in the story. 

Even if certain characters are dead there's no reason to remove them from being playable. It would be pretty dumb to main a character only for that character to be completely gone in the next game all due to story, right? It's completely possible for a character to be playable but be seen very little of in the story. 

They found a way around this with Lambda in CS.

Who said this will be the last BlazBlue? Mori said that this one will only conclude Ragnas story. The universe itself will still exist.

To be honest, it would be kinda dumb to throw away such a big franchise which has a quite large number of fans.

I sure hope you're right!

I just want it for purely aesthetic reasons, I just love how how they "emulated" sprites with 3d model with some 3d transitions. It feels to me like the natural evolution of 2d fighter.

I want to see a 3d nu-13 :(

Right. Wasn't too far off thinking it was the tropes BB likes, then. 

Regarding gameplay, hope they manage to make some characters more playable competitively (Bullet, Arakune). Assuming those new abilities they have will help with that lol