kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

New BB hype and all.

*sees Terumi has an overhead*

HAIL TO THE KING, BABY!

Anyway, anyone managed to get Rags' poster?

Calibur, man, at least collapse it!

I get it now, It's an over drive special that doesn't use heat as you can see kagura using it at 2:14 and if you use it early during od, it give you back some recharge.

You always get a refund for using overdrive instead of burst, it has nothing to do with the distortion.

Nah. Look again: Terumi is using his OD meaning his new DD is likely sucking up Heat as it is hitting. Course, this all assumes this showcase is a 100% authentic presentation of the product.

I thought terumi's DD weren't affected by the heat stealing factor of the OD? Either way, you can see there are multiple hits going on  on ragna, but terumi's heat stays level at 64, which would strike me as odd.

In fact, I find it odd we never get to see the super flash for any of these new OD supers that seem to cause the OD to end prematurely, and thus, we can't see their heat costs. Especially since the only one we've seen raw(Ragna's) does a rather tame 2k for an OD DD. Now, it's too soon to say anything for sure because we'd really just be spitballing, but I do think it is a little odd that none of these new supers have their heat cost shown, especially coupled with the fact ragna's causes a premature end to OD, it really wouldn't surprise me if they had new OD supers that cost 25 heat but deplete OD as a new universal mechanic, but it also wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't happen because I look way too hard into things a lot of the time.

(Still hoping for a playable Mai.)

Either way, I'm hyped, Naoto looks awesome and so does Hibiki, and fuck yeah Terumi finally has a mixup.

Fun announcement lol

New BB hype and all.

*sees Terumi has an overhead*

HAIL TO THE KING, BABY!

Anyway, anyone managed to get Rags' poster?

Calibur, man, at least collapse it!

my bad dude. it's fixed.

Either way, I'm hyped, Naoto looks awesome and so does Hibiki, and fuck yeah Terumi finally has a mixup.

Fun announcement lol

And with his head, so badass as fuck.

Fun announcement lol

I really hope Mai and Kajun are playable in the extend version. Along with Jubei. 

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv227969125

As I mentioned previously Arc will be streaming the trial day. It appears they'll be streaming the last 2 hours of the trial as the stream will go from 6pm to 7:50pm (trial ends at 8pm). It appears for the stream, Mitsuhiro Ichiki will get a rematch against Ozawa and there will be challenges for other people to beat Ichiki and Ozawa.

http://www.blazblue.jp/cf/

They will be selling stuff at the loketest.

my bad dude. it's fixed.

Think you can do the same for Terumi's new overhead, tho?

I have a thought on these "OD only" distortions.

Firstly they end OD immediately.

Secondly, they all seem to consume the remaining OD gauge and do roughly 2K by themselves.

This is odd because other distortions in OD do over 2.5K in general.

I got to thinking; this could ether mean that resources are not consumed in the same way or that there is some added benefit to the usage of these moves.

From most likely to least I give you my conclusions based on the facts present. It's probable that the answer numbers among these or is a combination of a few:

1: They do not cost meter or cost a reduced amount of meter. Terumi's distortion seems to support this as he has over 60% meter even during the distortion. I don't believe Terumi's character model is the cause of this, because Ragna doesn't get health steal from his.

2: They all have first frame invuln and can be used as reversals from OD raid universally.

3: They scale differently and can net larger damage in different circumstances in combos.

4: they can be comboed from. Ragna OD Distortion>Scissors might do more as a combo finisher. They could have follow-ups a-la Magnitech Wheel too

5: They are unblockable options. Crush Triggers come to mind with this. CTs deal 1K universally, so these dealing 2K universally lit some warning bells.

Also in the mean time I'm calling them "OD Blitz" because "OD only Distortion" is too unwieldy a phrase.

I really hope Mai and Kajun are playable in the extend version. Along with Jubei. 

They still can make it now lol. Knowing Arcsys, there's going to be at least three console characters and another character might make it late in arcades. 

just give me mai

i'm already sick of noel and platinum

as an unfaithful waifu player, I must move onto the next

it's like a cycle of life man

In fact, I find it odd we never get to see the super flash for any of these new OD supers that seem to cause the OD to end prematurely, and thus, we can't see their heat costs

I searched frame by frame, but I only could get this

Image1_zpszolpr4oj.jpg

Ragna is the only that do the initial cast of the new od and it's not possible to see how much it cost

One more thing If anybody here is attending lokes, test Tao's astral if possible. If Jubei was going to become playable they wouldn't do new sprite work for it right?

Whatever the case it may offer hints.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv227969125

As I mentioned previously Arc will be streaming the trial day. It appears they'll be streaming the last 2 hours of the trial as the stream will go from 6pm to 7:50pm (trial ends at 8pm). It appears for the stream, Mitsuhiro Ichiki will get a rematch against Ozawa and there will be challenges for other people to beat Ichiki and Ozawa.

http://www.blazblue.jp/cf/

They will be selling stuff at the loketest.

So happy about this, no more waiting for bad quality videos from the loke test.

One more thing If anybody here is attending lokes, test Tao's astral if possible. If Jubei was going to become playable they wouldn't do new sprite work for it right?

Whatever the case it may offer hints.

They'll just keep him in there and then remove him if they actually bring him in lol.

I seached frame by frame, but I only could get this

Image1_zpszolpr4oj.jpg

Ragna is the only that do the initial cast of the new od and it's not possible to see how much it cost

Yeah, I noticed this too. Is this supposed to be the super flash? Hmmm...

As Myoro pointed out far more in-depth than me, this definitely is starting to look like it might be a new mechanic, and I'm totally game for that, though I lean towards it being more of an all or nothing tool than something frame 1 invuln, since burst is supposed to be the 'get the hell off me' mechanic and I feel like giving everyone's OD a hard reversal like that kinda steps on it's toes.

Oh hey, it's been a while since I logged in here. Let's see what new...

>Blazblue Central Fiction announced

>Relius has a new command grab

>Terumi has a new overhead

>Terumi has mix-up

>Dies from nosebleed

They'll just keep him in there and then remove him if they actually bring him in lol.

Well all the sprites seem to have been redone/reshaded, so Tao's might look odd if they didn't bother.

That said it's true that they could change her astral for after they add Jubei, although that doesn't seem to be their style (they reused Nu's sprites for lambda, and have re-used a lot of old sprites in other moves before like Tus' sprite in "Id Zein" or Vinum's sprite in OD Tedo. I don't think the team would put any unnecessary effort into polishing sprites that won't be used, but I could be wrong.)

I could however see them simply re-purposing the sprite he'd use in the astral in his actual sprite-set. Still I think it's something to look out for as whatever the case it could reveal a lot.

Yeah, I noticed this too. Is this supposed to be the super flash? Hmmm...

As Myoro pointed out far more in-depth than me, this definitely is starting to look like it might be a new mechanic, and I'm totally game for that, though I lean towards it being more of an all or nothing tool than something frame 1 invuln, since burst is supposed to be the 'get the hell off me' mechanic and I feel like giving everyone's OD a hard reversal like that kinda steps on it's toes.

Just noticed, the fact that flash happens after Ragna hits the first time in his OD Blitz lends credibility to the guard crush-esqe mechanic theory too.

That Haku dash might have some invincibility frames. It's going through Kokonoe's move.

Arakune new spider move have some invincibility too. Litch 5C misses when she tries to hit him

Image6_zpsnkhl4tl3.jpg

And bang explodes when he auto guard with his drive but I'm not sure if you need the 4 stacks

Image7_zps5atrmzlu.jpg

Hey guys, I'm gonna be near Akihabara this weekend, which just happens to be the same time as the loketest. According to the picture below, the loketest is announced for the coming sunday and monday. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJwT4NgUsAAybEZ.jpg:large

But there's a 体験会 on Friday and I don't know what that is. Is it like some kind of event? I might check it out, it has free-play apparently.

But there's a 体験会 on Friday and I don't know what that is. Is it like some kind of event? I might check it out, it has free-play apparently.

体験会 is basically "trial event", similar to 体験版 meaning "trial version". They're letting people play the game for free. It's not technically part of the loketest as they aren't taking feedback from it, but the loketest is the day after and in the same building.