kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

Yea it's odd how Ragna has 2 versions of whatever that DD is, one where the scythe is used and the other where the sword is used.

tbh, if we're trying to discern facts from what limited things we've seen, life totals in the trailer where ragna uses the sword + the image where he has the scythe are relatively similar, so its a stretch to make that call over "they just had a beta animation for the trailer".

checking out the various life totals in the trailer, its hard to say how it works. it seems as if base damage isnt connected to life %'s, but it could be correlated to remaining time, or it might just have varying base damage. who knows! In any case, the fluctuation in damage that we've seen is extremely limited lol. I really wouldnt take any of this with much weight.

Edited by not_lunaris

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Blazblue after (probably) BBCFEX.

Mori himself have stated that the game he will make after BBCF is not going to be a fighting game, and probably not being related to Blazblue.

So either Blazblue is only going to have updates, or someone else is going to take charge. Or Mori lied again.

Or he could just do the easy thing and bang out a visual novel or something and then go back to BB. :P  You've got to remember that he's not a programmer or an artist or something (at least, not primarily) - any "work" he does on a game can easily be done concurrently with other projects as well.

I see people are defending Arc Sys business model... well even if you're ok with this just know that 90% of the rest of the FGC isn't, and this surely affects negatively the growth of the overall BB community. 

I see people are defending Arc Sys business model... well even if you're ok with this just know that 90% of the rest of the FGC isn't, and this surely affects negatively the growth of the overall BB community.

93% of the FGC thinks you pulled that stat out your ass

90% of the FGC aren't looking at it logically.

It's going to take a long time before they actually play CF and should realise that this isn't coming to consoles for a long while.

Which percent are we talking about here?  The percent that plays Capcom games that get invalidated with super versions a year later?  The percent that plays NRS games that get weekly patches?  The percent that plays KI which requires you to spend 5 dollars per character just for a complete game?  You know what they say about those in glass houses...

Sadly, it's not much details in the magazine leak.

Active flow: continue to attack and gain better abilities (higher damage?).

65% done, comes out in winter.

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/45554734.html

I'm afraid I don't follow.  Is it like an extra set of gatling normals or an auto combo or something?  

Which percent are we talking about here? The percent that plays Capcom games that get invalidated with super versions a year later? The percent that plays NRS games that get weekly patches? The percent that plays KI which requires you to spend 5 dollars per character just for a complete game? You know what they say about those in glass houses...

I'm afraid I don't follow. Is it like an extra set of gatling normals or an auto combo or something?

I've read on 2ch, which i think this blog confirms, is that ones one is in active flow state, the damage output will raise, burst is recoverd faster and that new over drive attack will be better and flashier.

light.dotup.org212378txpce.jpg

From 2ch.

これがプロローグかな?
かつてノエルがラグナの命を救ったことで悲劇的な結末を迎える世界のループは終わりを告げたはずだった
再びカグチツに現れた記憶喪失の死神とそれを追う統制機構、第七機関、咎追いたち
そして行動、思想の裏に見え隠れする違和感
これは真実なのか、儚くも消える夢なのか?
セントラルフィクション(神の観る夢)の意味するものとはいったい何なのか?
ラグナの歩む蒼の物語は最終幕へ

インタビューで気になった点だけ
・アーケードのストーリーモードとしては異例の試みを展開する予定
・BEEは時間軸でいうとブレイブルーとエクスブレイズの中間あたりが舞台になっている
・ダメージを調整し、そこまで難しくないコンボでも高めのダメージが確保されることを意識している
・全キャラに新技追加、いくつかのキャラは技の入れ替えもしている
・エクシードアクセルはODを発動しても何をしてよいのかわからないことが起こりがちなので強化のメリットが簡単に得られるように追加した
・アクティブフロウは積極的な行動に特典を付けたいという発想から
・いずれの新システムも特定の戦い方を強要するものではない
・ヒビキは分身で相手をかく乱する。相手の硬い守りを崩す時も力を発揮する。今までにない動きができるキャラ
・ナオトのテーマはシンプルさを極めること。対空技、突進技というおなじみの技は一通り揃えている。ブラッドエッジタメ版はリーチ増とガークラ効果
・開発は65%

あとはファミ通買って下さい
以上で

The more interesting parts from 2ch, what kosmos badgirl posted about was only about an interview.

Collapsed: new system:
エクシードアクセル: 

OD中にABCD同時押しで出せる超必殺技 
ヒットすると専用の演出が発生して大ダメージ 

アクディブフロウ: 
積極的な行動を取り続けるとアクティブフロウ状態に突入 
攻撃力アップやバーストゲージの回復が早くなる 

エクシードアクセルも強化され、演出も派手になる 

Collapsed: Naoto:
ナオト: 

素手で攻めるスタンダードタイプのキャラ 
ドライブはブラッドエッジ(PVの最初に撃ってた赤いアッパーのやつ) 
通常版とタメ版があり、通常版でもリーチは長いがタメ版だとさらに伸びる 
特殊能力エンハンサー 
ダッシュ中に必殺技を出すと性能が変化する(多段ヒットなど) 
BEE読んでないからわからないけど白髪化は原作ネタなのかな 
白髪化の詳細は書かれてはいないが、ODアイコンが割れていてその下にカウンターが出ている 
エクシードアクセル発動するとODアイコンが割れるようなので、多分ナオトのエクシードアクセルが白髪化?

Collapsed: Hibiki:
ヒビキ: 

分身を駆使してトリッキーに攻めるテクニカルタイプのキャラ 
知られざるもう一つの顔、暗殺者として戦う(そんな設定だったっけ?) 

ドライブはダブルチェイス 
分身の前方突進攻撃。レバーを組み合わせれば前方に出た方を本体にすることもできる 

必殺技の1つに嶄翔脚、軽やかに上空に舞い上がる 
ここから色んな技に派生。紹介されているのは尖羽で、上空から飛び道具を放つ 

エクシードアクセルが柝扇「祓雛」(さくおうぎ「はらえびな」) 

両手に持った刃で相手を切り刻む 

Maybe someone more knowledge about fighting games could translate this.

Which percent are we talking about here?  The percent that plays Capcom games that get invalidated with super versions a year later?  The percent that plays NRS games that get weekly patches?  The percent that plays KI which requires you to spend 5 dollars per character just for a complete game?  You know what they say about those in glass houses...

And yet all of these games don't release their new versions with a retail only version for 40$. Street Fighter updates by 15$ DLC versions, MKX uses DLC characters (but you still get the rebalancing for free and can still play the same game people who bought the dlc do) and i don't even know how KI works but i don't see it getting one third of the hate Arc's business model does. 

People just feel they're being scammed, like they did when SF was doing the same thing until AE. 

You have completely and utterly missed the point.  I never tried to argue that any of those games was less or more of a bargain than BB, only that your suggestion that "90% of the FGC" will take issue with Arcsys "business policies" when 100% of all fighting games do stupid shit.  If what you said was true, then there would be no FGC because nobody would buy fighting games at all.  This isn't up for debate, I have facts and you have none.  The only people who might agree with you are people willing to contradict their own principles, which would again do no favors for your lackluster point.

light.dotup.org212378txpce.jpg

From 2ch.

YO THAT SELECT SCREEN IS FIRE quite literally it seems.  Definitely a sense of urgency and finality there.  I love it!

So you only talk things in a literal way?

I like shitposting

Also I would translate but I'm about to get on a plane.

I'll read it on the flight but by the time I get off it'll probably be done so we'll see

The more interesting parts from 2ch, what kosmos badgirl posted about was only about an interview.

エクシードアクセル: 

OD中にABCD同時押しで出せる超必殺技 

ヒットすると専用の演出が発生して大ダメージ 

アクディブフロウ: 

攻撃力アップやバーストゲージの回復が早くなる 

エクシードアクセルも強化され、演出も派手になる 

Collapsed: Naoto:
ナオト: 

素手で攻めるスタンダードタイプのキャラ 

ドライブはブラッドエッジ(PVの最初に撃ってた赤いアッパーのやつ) 

通常版とタメ版があり、通常版でもリーチは長いがタメ版だとさらに伸びる 

特殊能力エンハンサー 

ダッシュ中に必殺技を出すと性能が変化する(多段ヒットなど) 

BEE読んでないからわからないけど白髪化は原作ネタなのかな 

白髪化の詳細は書かれてはいないが、ODアイコンが割れていてその下にカウンターが出ている 

エクシードアクセル発動するとODアイコンが割れるようなので、多分ナオトのエクシードアクセルが白髪化?

Collapsed: Hibiki:
ヒビキ: 

分身を駆使してトリッキーに攻めるテクニカルタイプのキャラ 

知られざるもう一つの顔、暗殺者として戦う(そんな設定だったっけ?) 

ドライブはダブルチェイス 

分身の前方突進攻撃。レバーを組み合わせれば前方に出た方を本体にすることもできる 

必殺技の1つに嶄翔脚、軽やかに上空に舞い上がる 

ここから色んな技に派生。紹介されているのは尖羽で、上空から飛び道具を放つ 

エクシードアクセルが柝扇「祓雛」(さくおうぎ「はらえびな」) 

両手に持った刃で相手を切り刻む 

Well until someone better takes a crack at it here's my interpretation of Naoto's part

-Fights with his bare fists, a traditional type of character

-Drive is Bloodedge (like in the novels) and it's the attacks where he fires red stuff from his hands (IIRC that's him using his blood to create weapons like in BEE)

-His specials have normal and enhanced versions.  Normal versions have longer range but enhanced versions can be done as followups or something.

-The writer mentions something about not knowing why his hair turns white because they've never read Bloodedge Experience.  However, there's a meter or something by his OD that they think might be related to it.

Sorry I couldn't get everything and my "translation" is really rough and probably not entirely accurate, hopefully someone better will take a crack at it.

https://twitter.com/TheKeits/status/620341044178083840

Not to mention how long it takes before you actually get to play the same game as Japan, its not hard to see why lots of people aren't happy with the BB business model. 

I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that arcades in the US basically don't exist like they used to, and that even when they do they can't exactly import cabinets.  Keep in mind that even Japan doesn't get the console version until well after the arcade launch, but in the West it's a double dose because you're waiting for the localization (provided you don't import) ON TOP of the wait for the console port.  

Ultimately though, it seems like a combination of arcades being a huge niche in the US and the US audience being primarily an afterthought.  If you watch that interview with Ishiwatari at Anime Expo, he mentions that he wishes he could bring Revelator to Evo for testing like how Harada is with T7.  Maybe if Arc had more of a presence in the West things would be better but who knows.

エクシードアクセル: 

OD中にABCD同時押しで出せる超必殺技 

ヒットすると専用の演出が発生して大ダメージ 

アクディブフロウ: 

攻撃力アップやバーストゲージの回復が早くなる 

エクシードアクセルも強化され、演出も派手になる 

The Exceed Accel stuff doesn't seem like anything new. Just that it's basically a super move that comes out with ABCD during OD, and that it's special for each character and has big damage.

The Active Flow stuff sounds interesting. Sounds like something of an equivalent for UNiB's vorpal or GG's meter gain on forward movement.

Active Flow:

Active Flow state is entered from maintaining aggression / playing actively.

Offensive ability up and burst recovery boosted.

Exceed Accel also strengthened and becomes flashier.

The Active Flow stuff sounds interesting. Sounds like something of an equivalent for UNiB's vorpal or GG's meter gain on forward movement.

Active Flow:

Active Flow state is entered from maintaining aggression / playing actively.

Offensive ability up and burst recovery boosted.

Exceed Accel also strengthened and becomes flashier.

So considering those two animations for Ragna we saw, is it possible that one is the "flashier" version?  

I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that arcades in the US basically don't exist like they used to, and that even when they do they can't exactly import cabinets.  Keep in mind that even Japan doesn't get the console version until well after the arcade launch, but in the West it's a double dose because you're waiting for the localization (provided you don't import) ON TOP of the wait for the console port.  

Ultimately though, it seems like a combination of arcades being a huge niche in the US and the US audience being primarily an afterthought.  If you watch that interview with Ishiwatari at Anime Expo, he mentions that he wishes he could bring Revelator to Evo for testing like how Harada is with T7.  Maybe if Arc had more of a presence in the West things would be better but who knows.

But they're never going to get a presence in the West if they keep dicking us over in releases, its a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

But they're never going to get a presence in the West if they keep dicking us over in releases, its a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

That's true but I don't know what the solution for that is.  Even if they did a worldwide launch for console it would still be delayed from the arcade version.  Not to mention there's also the issue of console versions taking an eternity to get patched to match up with the arcade, as P4U2 players will glady tell you.