kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

It's theorized that it has something to do with Active Flow. Kinda like ho the negative warning notification pops up.

This "Attention" isn't 100% confirmed to be anything yet to my knowledge.

Haven't seen the translations for these points from the interview (but then again, I haven't checked Fernman's Twitter), so I gave it a go, myself.

- They are planning to do something special with the arcade story mode.

- Bloodedge Experience is going to be the midway point between BlazBlue and X-Blaze.

- The damage is adjusted in a way that increases the damage dealt by combos that weren't difficult before (?).

- Exceed Accel was added so people who activate OD and don't know what to do with it can easily do something good.

- Neither of the new mechanics is supposed to change the way you play.

- Some of Naoto's Bloodedge attacks can guard-crush if you charge them.

So first they copy Under Night with Hibiki, and now they're copying Melty? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The damage is adjusted in a way that increases the damage dealt by combos that weren't difficult before (?).

Not sure on what that quite means, but maybe the first few hits of a combo is stronger, and it gets slightly weaker the longer you keep it up? This could affect some characters that does few hits but hits like a truck. 

So first they copy Under Night with Hibiki, and now they're copying Melty? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

They getting good stuff from cooperating with French Bread it seems.

Not sure on what that quite means, but maybe the first few hits of a combo is stronger, and it gets slightly weaker the longer you keep it up? This could affect some characters that does few hits but hits like a truck

So I guess Azrael, Tager and Haku-men will eat the entire roster alive :v:?

Real talk though, the way I interpreted the phrasing based on SoWL's translation is that "simple" combos, let's use Ragna's 5B>5C>214A>214D as an example, do better damage now. I may be entirely wrong on that regard, but if true, I wager this is added for the newer players who do not yet know the full list of optimal combo routes and want them to not feel overwhelmed.

So I guess Azrael, Tager and Haku-men will eat the entire roster alive :v:?

Real talk though, the way I interpreted the phrasing based on SoWL's translation is that "simple" combos, let's use Ragna's 5B>5C>214A>214D as an example, do better damage now. I may be entirely wrong on that regard, but if true, I wager this is added for the newer players who do not yet know the full list of optimal combo routes and want them to not feel overwhelmed.

Characters like Tsubaki and Terumi gets murdered to pieces.  :v:

That seems more likely, but then again, combos changes from characters to characters, so they need to think about the combos overall to make it balanced. Otherwise, we'll have mess in our hands. That sentence leaves so much into interpretation that it's hard to make something out of it. Thankfully the loketests will give our answers soon enough. Can't wait for Terumi, Relius and Hibiki to rise to the top!  :rolleyes:

I think the most important thing people are forgetting about Match-ups, is the fact that new things can and always be discovered after a game is released. Most popularly is the fact that the meta game of MvC2 and MvC3 continue(d) to grow for years after release. Players just need to stay in the lab and share the info they learn. That's what the FGC is really all about.

Also, I think Blazblue is going the route of GG when it comes to roster characters mixing with story. Justice was dead for how long? Kliff is still swinging his sword. Order-Sol can't even face most of the GG cast without causing a Time paradox. 

Active flow... gonna be super good for characters like Tao, Maokoto, or any rush downers like what everyone's saying.

But then again, OD benefited some more than others so I guess it balances out? (OD Hakumen vs Active Flow Tao)

Just thinking Active Flow will really help Arakune's curse combos in gaining extra firepower. 10K! 10K!

Haven't seen the translations for these points from the interview (but then again, I haven't checked Fernman's Twitter), so I gave it a go, myself.

- They are planning to do something special with the arcade story mode.

- Bloodedge Experience is going to be the midway point between BlazBlue and X-Blaze.

- The damage is adjusted in a way that increases the damage dealt by combos that weren't difficult before (?).

- Exceed Accel was added so people who activate OD and don't know what to do with it can easily do something good.

- Neither of the new mechanics is supposed to change the way you play.

where's the interview? I can take a look too. 

where's the interview? I can take a look too.

It's the highlights from 2ch, but now we got the full interview posted, so it's moot.

Man, so Active Flow is denoted by your icon lighting up! I noticed that in the trailer when Terumi does Fuuenjin, but thought that it might've been just the background playing tricks on me. What a missed opportunity for some sweet bragging rights.

Other than complete beginners, who the hell activates OD without having anything in mind? lol

Other than complete beginners, who the hell activates OD without having anything in mind? lol

Accidental inputs happen, and developers shouldn't make changes with only the best players in mind.

Story wise:

Going back to Kagutsuchi, everyone doesn't remember who the hell Ragna is (judging by the phrases mentioned during the teaser PV), and Ragna has to save Noel again (since Ragna "wasn't there" Noel becomes Mu-12 again and wishes the destruction of the world)? 

All speculation based on the teaser PV, how CP ended, and from what I can tell from the interview (BTW thanks for posting it Zedar and Calamitus)

...I wonder how they'll end Ragna's story.

Besides that, I guess with the addition of Active Flow, the game will support rushing in and attacking instead of waiting and being defensive.

Also, just to get some clarification (sorry I do not read the novelized material) it's X-Blaze then BloodEdge Experience, then BB timeline wise, right? So is Naoto the original BloodEdge? From the interview it says he's an entity from another dimension or something so... (BTW Naoto kinda looks like Bullet + Ragna mashed together or something)

Accidental inputs happen, and developers shouldn't make changes with only the best players in mind.

I'm sorry, I just had to log in to tell you that if you ACCIDENTALLY press ALL FOUR BUTTONS AT ONCE you don't DESERVE anything nice, you need to actually get good

Holy shit what, I think players who are newer deserve some thought/design choices yes, but people who just bash all four buttons like some kind of monkey and then whine when they don't get anything by god man what on earth is this.

People who do that aren't going to beat anyone with experience anyway, so it would only affect either inexperienced vs inexperienced or experienced vs experienced player matchups. If you're getting killed by some guy mashing into overdrive and mashing away at it, that's your fault.

I like it because it's something that in no way restrics playstyle but gives you morel potions to make your playstyle unique.

So wait, Ragna was retconned from everyone's memory?

That doesn't seem to be the case. Rachel specifically mentions Ragna's name and Azrael seems to be referencing him in his speech. As for Noel hunting him, we don't know what context that is, and given how Lambda's arcade ending is canon, it's unlikely that either Murakumo Units have forgotten about him. Same goes for Kokonoe, Kagura and Tsubaki at the end of CP.

I'm sorry, I just had to log in to tell you that if you ACCIDENTALLY press ALL FOUR BUTTONS AT ONCE you don't DESERVE anything nice, you need to actually get good

Holy shit what, I think players who are newer deserve some thought/design choices yes, but people who just bash all four buttons like some kind of monkey and then whine when they don't get anything by god man what on earth is this.

Actually, sometimes I accidentally GCOD and I just waste a burst/OD by doing it, so I think it's a nice thing to add

Am I the only one who thinks that ASW is running out of ideas? Hibiki has the same swords as the characters in Shingeki no Kyojin.

Edited by heavymetalmixer