kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

What did they show?

On the test stream?

The title screen, which has new BGM which is probably not final due to being a short loop. It looks VERY cool though.

Character select screen, which has new BGM that is very cool.

They also showed the versus screen but that was where they cut it off. Versus screen also has new BGM.

The stream had timeshifting turned off, so unfortunately this stuff isn't available to rewatch.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2y8969

Here's my low quality Bandicam recording of BBCF footage from the test stream (no actual gameplay). Character Select music is pretty awesome!

Sourenga thank you SOO much !! 本当にありがとう :*

I hope someone will record also tomorrow's live :D fucking hype lol

Man, these NOL soldiers reeeeeeally need to stop skipping leg day...

But I always thought it was widely accepted in east Asia that being slim is more aesthetically pleasing than being buff/bulky as opposed to in the West? :toot:

Anyway I have no problems with the new HUD other than how the Combo Counter looks but I'm just nitpicking at this point.

I think there is a bug on the 2nd player window because you can't see charcter symbol....

That bug exists in previous games too, it doesn't happen too often though.

So, here's a real question: why does everyone want tag so much? It's something I could see being a cute little side mode, but, the main focus of the game? Nah. Tag's a heavy reason I dislike Marvel.

More dialogue.

Did anyone else think that they'd show individual characters before the actual vs screen in the new vs cinematic?

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Is this the game where Amane will finally be top tier where he belongs?  :toot:

This is also the game where Terumi has an overhead, too.

Is this the game where Amane will finally be top tier where he belongs?  :toot:

I hope at least more mix up and new distorsion... And I'll drain your balls :D

Idiot Hazama Main observations by me

The lack of number/meter by the chain icon probably just means they're not sure what to do with it yet, so decided to not reveal anything yet. Personally, I like how it is, but realistically it could probably be toned down a bit still. Maybe the same as in CPE's but one less stock?

The standing stagger special seems... weird. I'm not really sure why it exists, if we consider the Hazama we've had. Obviously it could mean a lot in the context of that game, but with how I know Hazama it just feels unnecessary. There have been plenty of mid-screen things we could do before without the need for such a move, and if anything, it seems like it's giving him too many options. I mean we see him do Ressenga afterwards, so I'm left wondering what other stance moves we can do after it, and what that could also imply. Can't tell if he actually does go into stance after using it, though, the Ressenga comes out too fast for me to tell, so maybe someone else can offer their wisdom on it. However, Ressenga doesn't seem to currently have the ground bounce it does in CPE, so maybe it's gone back to it's old ways, or maybe that's a result of using it after the stagger special. Super speculation territory.

His new DD reminds me of his unlimited DD from CSE (dunno if it's in CP still. Haven't looked.) Just instead of the kick you get a knife cut at the end. Neat. 

Overall? Unless Hazama gets some significant other changes, he might still be a super strong char with a lot of options that lets him do whatever he wants. I'm just going by what I see, what I currently know about the character, and his history. And his history suggests lol top 5 4ever.

Edit: Also his portrait, while better than CP's, is kind of silly. How he's holding the knife just seems dumb to me. Nothing's beaten the simplicity of CS yet.

litchi's character select pose is absolutely terrible.

Yeah that's true.. but also Bullet's one...

and what about Amane's? It seems he's dancing and that's cool but I don't know.... I don't like his facial expression. Maybe.

Anyway in general, I really like this style :D

litchi's character select pose is absolutely terrible.

Fitting for the character really.

Also, Relius's splash is a little bit boring. I prefer him looking more reserved and smarmy (and he also looks a bit too young). Other than that, the splash arts are really nice. I think the CS style artwork fits the game better.

As far as balance/characters go, I just hope that my boy Amane and Izayoi are fun (Izayoi always felt like she was missing a special or something in 1.0 and got a bit better in 1,1) and that Ragna isn't stupidly strong; his 1.1 rendition was much more fun to me than CSEX Ragna who got dumb damage off 5B meterless etc.

Also, I'm wanting general combo length to be much shorter. Terumi in particular is such a fucking chore to play against but in general I think combos are drawn out too much. 

I hope at least more mix up and new distorsion... And I'll drain your balls :D

I don't think giving amane mixup is a very good idea. I'd much rather them give us more reliable ways to gain drill that don't cost us heat since drill is supposed to be amane's way around having shit mixup and giving him both could push him over the edge very quickly. Having at least okay damage without drill would also be nice, and from what very little we saw of him, 2k in 6 hits with the potential for more is a pretty big improvement to the current state of no drill combos Also reverting those fucking atrocious changes to the babe 6B

I just hope his Exceed Accel doesn't fucking force overheat and completely defeat the main point of amane's overdrive. Failing that, giving him any form of DD that doesn't force an overheat would be swell.

At this point amane having the drill be the way it is, is either going to cause issues for him, or for the game, no matter how much they buff and nerf it.

Frankly, I think he should have mixup. How basic or not I am not sure but he definitely needs something. Even right now he is just too linear or inconsistent. He could use a secondary game plan or something to make his pressure more potent.

This is just my opinion though, not necessarily what should happen.

Amane should have everything related to drills sped up.

More chip, gain drill meter faster, overheat faster, and recover from overheat faster.

And make his j.2B an overhead. Jesus. It LOOKS like an overhead. It ACTS like an overhead. Yet it isn't one.

Also that character select theme is really hype. Maybe i'll have music on for a BB game finally :v:

I really hope Arakune will get significant buff and become top tier again, cause its totally unfair when dumbass easy chars like Ragna are popular and widely played, winning without any effort, screw this

Sorry if it's already been posted, but Shoryuken has a translation of Famitsu's article up.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/07/16/famitsu-details-blazblue-central-fictions-newcomers-updated-mechanics-and-more/

- Active Flow appears to be triggered for players dealing continuous offense, seems like a snowball mechanic.

- Active Flow buffs damage and reduces OD cooldowns.

- Exceed Accels become stronger and flashier during Active Flow. Xzibit stuck some buffed OD supers on your OD super buffs so you can buff your OD while you super.

- Plus drive info on Naoto and Hibiki.