kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

I don't think I understand Bang's new move very well, can someone help explain it to me?  It's just a followup to his drives like the teleport is right?

I don't think I understand Bang's new move very well, can someone help explain it to me?  It's just a followup to his drives like the teleport is right?

Do you mean the explosion move? It's basically a quick reversal move.

Kiyoshi evernote (summary of all known Nu changes and his impressions) is still untranslated. If someone wants translate it, here is the link : https://www.evernote.com/shard/s440/sh/3d0246a4-e48d-4c21-88ff-94c8f4850459/2ae203a4ec783c1bc2596fce35894f4d

[collapse]

Nu Loctest Compilation

Red text for buffs or things that sound goodblue for nerfs or things that sound bad

【New Moves】
Luminous Slave
The move in the PV where something shoots out from above Nu
・Has N, C, and H versions like other moves
・Tracks the opponent before firing, speed is slightly slower than D swords
・Not guaranteed to come out if interrupted
Can be canceled into from Sickle
All versions are Fast starters
・Can't be canceled into Gravity on hit

N-Luminous: A fog appears above Nu, from which a sword shoots towards the opponent after a short delay.
・Startup is a little bit slower than CP2 N-Spike Chaser
・Gives frame advantage if blocked
・On hit, floats the opponent a tiny bit before downing them. On a high air hit it lets them air tech, but there's plenty of time to confirm on reaction into D sword followups
・Doesn't combo with anything

C-Luminous: Quickly fires off a Luminous. That's it
・Command works the same way as CP2 C-Spike, and you can go into it from anywhere in the animation of H-Luminous, to be covered later
Slower than C-Spike
・Slightly minus when blocked at point blank, +-0 or better at long range?
・Combos from 6C, C-Sickle, corner throw, corner Sickle, H-Sickle...but can't be followed up in any of these cases, and can't be Gravity-canceled

H-Luminous: 1000 damage raw, 80 P1, 94 P2
After doing the same setting animation, the fog stays for a while at the set location. Pressing the "D" button again shoots a sword out of it.
・It being just a D-button press is the interesting part.
The firing has no relation to what Nu is doing at the time, so you could be doing stuff like a different move or barrier blocking while it comes out.
・No guaranteed startup, if you block something the set point disappears.
・Fires after a delay upon pressing D
・Can sort of be thought of as a 1-time use Relius 6D

Combo Examples
DD>Act (Luminous hit)>3C>Sickle>Gravity>aerial : 3164
N-Crescent>(Luminous hit)>dash 6C>H-Sickle~
Can use it to do stuff like cover your Act Parser while you do D swords>Act to get close, or pass through with Act and use Luminous as a crossup, etc.

・If you don't do anything with it, it automatically fires after about 5 seconds
・This version doesn't launch on ground hit, and staggers instead
・Frankly not really a move that can be fully understood in the few matches you get at a loctest. Nu/Lambda have not had an actual time-delay move yet so far, so it's something to look forward to

【Exceed Accel】
A new system-wide move
Nu's Exceed Accel motion fires a sword that reaches from point blank to long range
If it hits, she rains a large number of swords onto the opponent from behind
Does 1800 raw, 3800 during Active Flow
The projectile speed is on the slow side, and seems like it might be hard to combo into at mid range

【Damage-related】
Combo rate went from 70→60
There are more Fast starters overall, and even the Normal starters sort of feel like they have less combo time now

【Normals】
All unchanged
Proration also unchanged

【Sword Summoners】

The thing hit with the biggest nerfs

・In general, about the same as CP2 swords
・No changes to gatlings, jump cancels, etc
・No changes to damage, proration, or Fast starters either

Nerfs
・Air swords have visibly longer recovery, you can see it persist until the animation finishes
→To give some more concrete numbers, you can think of it as about double the current recovery
Window of time you have to go into D followup or other gatlings after a sword hit or block has been greatly reduced
→D>hit confirm into followup D is now impossible, you have to have already input it
・4D is slow
→Exactly what it sounds like, if you instant block and hold jump you can now jump-block it.
・Causes a framerate drop with some stuff, such as Growler

Buffs
・Change to D sword sound effects
The machine-like firing sound is now a beam.
→Current: "Uiiiin-Zashu"
Loctest: "Pewiiin-Don"
It's like an SF movie.

【Specials】

・Sickle: P2 buffed 89%→92%
Also now launches slightly on hit, making the Gravity 5D followup easier
3C>A Gravity>5C now connects midscreen too
Can be canceled into Luminous

・C-Sickle: Pull strength is weaker than the CP2 version, and untechable time decreased
Starter changed from Normal→Fast starter
Due to the weaker pull strength, C Gravity>5B pickups can no longer be done at long range. We'll have to think of new combo routes
In the regular pull combos, there are many in which 3C doesn't come out in time anymore either. 
Can be canceled into Luminous, and the weaker pull strength actually ends up making it easier to set out H-Luminous (which might be the intention)

・H(hold)Sickle:Unchanged, including FC properties
Can be canceled into Luminous

・Crescent:Unchanged, now has no-meter followups thanks to Luminous

・Crescent Cancel:can now go into air Act Parser
Doesn't work if you're too close to the ground though

・H(hold)Crescent:Unchanged
The tech launch? or timing has changed, making it harder to do double aerials

・Gravity:Wasn't listed in the move list, but works the same
A nerf point is that it takes 1~2 more seconds to recover
→Coupled with the combo timer, the situations where you can use Gravity twice are very limited
Ex) 5D>J6DD>air Act>JC>air Supra>Gravity can't be done

・Supra:Can no longer be followed up without the use of Gravity(and only with Gravity>sword aerial)
Launch height is lower than CP2, but doesn't knockdown
On CH launches as high as the current Supra, allowing Gravity-less followups
Changed to Fast starter
No change to invincibility

・Air Supra:Unchanged

・Forward Act Parser:Unchanged
Thanks to H-Luminous, seems like it'll be a major component in mixups, combos, and blockstrings in this iteration

・Back Act Parser:Unchanged

・Air Forward Parser:Unchanged

・Air Back Parser:Always forget it exists

・Legacy:Unchanged

・Calamity:Normal version is unchanged

・OD Calamity:All hits now hit mid (no longer overhead)
Everything else is the same

・OD:Unchanged, Luminous can't be Act Parser-canceled

・Throw:Unchanged
Due to Spike being removed, nothing combos after corner throw

・CT:Unchanged, less places to use it again, since no C-Spike

・SMP
Due to a system change, normal moves no longer have SMP, while all specials do (but only damage is affected).

Wonder how being able to use 6C multiple times is going to work into things

【Nu Impressions】

Air Sword recovery has got to be some sort of joke

Luminous is current a dead move, even in neutral the homing is weak and unreliable

Gravity recovery speed nerf means you can't just sit back and lock people down in it anymore

In contrast to the current version, where you can just play keep away and attack with the strong 2B and strangely high damage, it feels like they're moving towards a character on the low side for damage that gets alright damage from long distance lockdown, but can also go into H-Luminous from knockdown for oki/mixup at any range.
However, N/C-Luminous not working in combos and being neutral-only tools at the moment does make me a bit uneasy.
Thankfully the Sickle combos still work, and it seems like things will fall into the two patterns of damage-oriented Sickle>Gravity>Crescent enders or oki-oriented H-Luminous set enders.
[/collapse]

Sorry if something is confusing, trust me the source isn't any better =w=

Some of these guys really suck at writing...

Buffs
・Change to D sword sound effects
The machine-like firing sound is now a beam.
→Current: "Uiiiin-Zashu"
Loctest: "Pewiiin-Don"
It's like an SF movie.

Most important buff, ladies and gentlemen

If you successfully guard point a move with Ds you get to now press D in addition to a b and c, the D causes a huge, fast, safe explosion and puts Bang in an airborne state about a backjump's distance away from where he originally was. He recovers from this explosion in the air and has the ability to airdash (and maybe jump etc. this has not been confirmed) after it.

Using D followup to drives prevents you from obtaining the respective seal if the explosion lands. You can however recover airborne after the explosion and pick up a combo from it and since normals do not SMP any more, theories are out there that you can still get the seal from the subsequent combo anyhow. The way I thematically perceive it is that instead of storing the seal's energy within his body, Bang utilizes it to cause the explosion instead, consuming the seal in the process.

So it looks like ArcSys and Famitsu are working together to let people vote for their favourite colour palettes from previous BBs and the most popular colours will be put into BBCF. I'm pretty sure it's Japan-only, since they're asking for postal codes and phone numbers. Lasts until the 16th. Scratch that, only required field is voting choices.

Here's the link: http://www.famitsu.com/matome/bbcp/color.html

So it looks like ArcSys and Famitsu are working together to let people vote for their favourite colour palettes from previous BBs and the most popular colours will be put into BBCF. 

It's pretty cool of ArcSys to do something like this, but it's a shame only the top 3 colors per character will make it to BBCF... Characters from Calamity Trigger have gained so many colors during the years that picking such a small amount of those colors won't end well... Worst case, someone could have all three colors picked from BBCP and all the really nostalgic colors would be left behind.

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/index.cgi?eid=1626

BBCF and GGXrd-R test corners at ArcRevo have been cancelled for "safety reasons".

Edited by Sourenga

Whatever there will be a new version or not of CF on Arc revo doesn't look like it matters anymore.

They have canceled the corner for trying the new arcade games because of worries about safety for the attendants.

source

Whatever there will be a new version or not of CF on Arc revo doesn't look like it matters anymore.

They have canceled the corner for trying the new arcade games because of worries about safety for the attendants.

source

That's too bad... I was hoping players would report more findings.

Ah well.

source

Can you translate a bit of what it says?

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201507/29084546.html

中止の理由は、「イベント当日に大変な混雑が予想されますため、お客様の安全性を考慮し、中止とさせて頂くことになりました」(リリースより)とのこと。

The reason for cancellation is due to the sheer volume of people we anticipate coming to the event, will create too much congestion.

And, the other info from Famitsu is the prize money for the games at Arc Revo.

Main Tournaments (Xrd, BBCPE)

1st Place: 500 000 yen.

2nd Place: 300 000 yen.

3rd Place: 100 000 yen.

Side Tournaments

P4U2

1st Place: 300 000 yen.

2nd Place: 150 000 yen.

3rd Place: 60 000 yen.

UNIST

1st Place: 100 000 yen.

2nd Place: 50 000 yen.

3rd Place: 20 000 yen.

I would be fine if they kept a single station there for the top finishers of each game to do exhibition like matches / runback / whatever you call it

Yo everybody better pick Litchi CT-9 and CS-15 or I'm going to die.

Guess you're dying then. CS-15 is nice for a lot of characters, but CT-9 is horrible. I picked CS-10, CP-3, and CS-6

No broccoli colored characters. Always gives me a negative image of Oscar from Sesame Street :/ yay childhood TV shows ruining my life

No broccoli colored characters. Always gives me a negative image of Oscar from Sesame Street :/ yay childhood TV shows ruining my life

Do you just hate green, or is this something about certain shades?

Do you just hate green, or is this something about certain shades?

Oh, green is a great color. it's the particular pallete. I vote nay to that scheme.

In that case all Terumi players should be requires to use green colors, they're used to playing with trash.  #kappa