kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

While I'm not excited for this new game as I was with the others, new Arakune seems interesting. I wonder how the new move can be utilized in competitive play. I'll probably stick with Ragna (If I actually play CF) but I'm hoping Arakune gets a boost.

NOone can confirm the health of naoto and hibiki ??

Why would you need any confirmation? The source is the same for everyone who would reply to you, and if you want to doubt it, at least wait until the game's arcade release so people can actually test stuff like that.

Anyone know what's the Combo Rate of Hbiki and Naoto

The game isn't even out yet, how do you expect people to get this information?

Most importantly, why would you care about it right now?

This seems to be becoming a trend.

Fellow members, currently no one here knows that much about hibiki and naoto besides the very limited match footage given. When any data surfaces on these characters or game in general, you will be the first to know. (Well, second, since Jp will know first) Keep visiting this thread and the loketest thread, eventually you will get the info you seek.

C'mon guys this guy is obviously joking. He's making fun of the other guy who was asking for the exact health values.

At least I hope.

The funny thing is you could probably determine their "current" combo rate by watching footage and taking a few leaps of faith, the issue is, this is still LOCTEST BALANCE. Anything and everything is subject to change therefore even if we magically were able to confirm things, there's no saying they wouldn't change in the next loctest.

NOone can confirm the health of naoto and hibiki ??

ppl are already asking questions like these... can we atleast wait till the frame data for CPEX is finished?

In that case all Terumi players should be requires to use green colors, they're used to playing with trash.  #kappa

Sarcastic or not, these comments are my motivation. Gonna be headbutting the shit out of people once CF happens.

Sarcastic or not, these comments are my motivation. Gonna be headbutting the shit out of people once CF happens.

You know what they say...behind every pessimist is a disappointed idealist.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201508/03084675.html

BBCF is having a closed loketest on the 24th of August, the first closed loketest for the series. The top ranking players of the arcade version of BBCP and the winning and runner-up teams of BlazBlue at Arc Revo 2015 will be in attendance. Famitsu's holding a promotion to let 5 other players attend.

Just my speculation but a closed loketest must mean they are serious about trying to balance the game and specifically want feedback from the top players.

Edit: It's specifically the top ranking players in the month of July. Not based on Dan'i but on matches. https://twitter.com/ARCSY_Event/status/628039976853241856

Edited by Tokkan

I hope they're going to cover as many characters as possible, because I see little reason to invite five Jins and handwave Amane and Celica.

I hope they're going to cover as many characters as possible, because I see little reason to invite five Jins and handwave Amane and Celica.

They really do need a mixure of character loyalists and others that use a hand full of characters. Let's be honest here, not every character has a godlike top player that mains them. (*cough* amane and Terumi *cough*)

I'm really hyped for Naoto, in Central Fiction, based on the loctest footage i saw, he seems like the perfect for me honestly. The hype is literally killing me. 

I'm really hyped for Naoto, in Central Fiction, based on the loctest footage i saw, he seems like the perfect for me honestly. The hype is literally killing me. 

Go see a doctor man!  This game isn't worth dying over.

Go see a doctor man!  This game isn't worth dying over.

Too late! XD

But yeah, based on the loctest footage i seen of Naoto so far, he seems to be a fairly basic character.

He definitely looks like he wants to be up in the opponents face, and he can use his drive to help control space in neutral, along with guard crush. He seems to have a solid DP, similar to Ragna's Inferno Devider, which also seems to be his go to Air Combo Ender. 

Aslo, the range on his normals seems shorter then average. Not quite as short as someone like Makoto or Rachel, but their not as long as Ragna's or someone elses. 

Those are my observations, so anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. 

Naoto is a close-ranged character with guard crushing "long" ranged attacks. The charged Drive meta can be pretty weak because of the huge risk for Naoto (DC can be punished) and he lacks an immediate normal between his effective range and Drive attacks, he'll probably suffer against zoners and characters with good midranged normals. It seems you're not supposed to guard break and immediately land a hit afterwards (opponent recovers too fast, might be possible to combo into OD/DD), feels like it's just there to give Naoto advantage and force the opponent to block, which is a pretty weak concept imo.

His DP looks weaker than Inferno Divider because it nets little reward anywhere. The airkick (j.C I think) has good priority, crosses up, and reverse beats into other air normals, and looks hard to beat/AA. His normal Overhead looks good.

I honestly can't see anything going for him yet, but it's still too early to make assumptions so take everything I said with a grain of salt.

Edited by Tong

I like how he can cancel his Drives, seem like it would be a pain for Hakumen to deal with.