kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

So I gotta couple questions.1). when does this game drop. 2). Out of the current game bbcpex who is the easiest out hazama ragna and Noel who is the easiest to pick up. Because I'm lazy and haven't played bb since ct but I'm tired just playing xrd

So I gotta couple questions.1). when does this game drop. 2). Out of the current game bbcpex who is the easiest out hazama ragna and Noel who is the easiest to pick up. Because I'm lazy and haven't played bb since ct but I'm tired just playing xrd

For question 1: We don't really know, there's been no release date posted, but they did say "coming soon" IIRC. That was a couple months ago though.

For question 2: They're all pretty easy. You should pick who you like best. The biggest difference is that Ragna and Haz can do a lot of the heavy lifting whereas you have to sorta make Noel work. Also chains take a second to get used to but they're not too hard to learn.

1. We don't know the exact date, presumably around winter in arcades (Nov - Feb). 

2. The easiest out of those three would probably be Ragna, he has simple combos and a straightforward neutral in comparison to Hazama. Noel would be a close second, although her neutral game is a bit more cautious than Ragna's and her combos require some familiarity of her drive moves and spacing awareness. You'd probably learn more long in the long run with Ragna though, so you can't go wrong picking him. 

I don't think Hazama is an easy to use character. Well at least, I find it difficult to play it well.

Edited by Zouf

I think Hazama has stronger fallback patterns for a new player since his drive is a godsent zoning/mobility/combo tool all wrapped up in one deliciously Freudian package. It's easier for newer players to feel him out because his tools give you some breathing room and let you play a little bit more hot an loose than certain other characters. I do think it's harder to pull out his true potential as the unnerfable fighting game equivalent of the bastard son of a utility belt and a swiss army knife, but he's a character you can' fake it 'till you make it', so to speak. Though this can train bad habits so you have to be aware of that.

So basically, Theone, in my experience: Noel if you're willing to put in that initial effort and don't mind a bit of a challenge, Hazama if you want a more loose beginning that will shape into a stricter and stricter form as you get better and better, and Ragna if You're willing to accept glorious 5b as your personal lord and savior want a character with a very consistent skill curve but is more linear.

I'm liking Naoto, definitely thinking of maining him. I hpe we get Jubei and Imperator but we likely wont see them until Extended lol. And Terumi is worse than Amane?

I'm liking Naoto, definitely thinking of maining him. I hpe we get Jubei and Imperator but we likely wont see them until Extended lol. And Terumi is worse than Amane?

CPEX Terumi feels like CS1 Rachel, CT Tager or Bang, CSEX Makoto... Y'know. The Top Tier with an upside-down Tier List.

And Terumi is worse than Amane?

Amane is in an interesting little dilemma and as far as I am aware of, wholly unique only to Blazblue. By the very nature of his mechanic (deal absurd amount of chip damage) he is probably never going to be allowed to be anything higher than "Gimmick Tier" or perhaps "mediocre". If you think about it, on the one hand it's pretty easy to see why he shouldn't ever reach "good" status. After all, would you want a character designed to (potentially) rip apart your defensive measures (barrier block), chip your health down for deciding to save your barrier/or have already lost it or be forced to take a free combo because being chipped is the scarier alternative, to actually be high on the tier list? Right now he's marred by less than stellar normals and lackluster damage outside of lv.3 drill (which in itself is difficult to maintain properly).

But on the other hand, I feel it is a shame that ASW would put in the time and effort on a character that simply does not function like he ought to. And I don't think ASW is in the mood to scrap him altogether so really the best course of action, I think, would be to alter/overhaul his mechanic in a way that allows him to do what he should, but make it both effective and fair. For example, I toyed with the idea that, rather than doing immediate chip damage, his Drive would instead cause "blue health" on block like the one seen in Persona 4 Arena and that he cannot kill you with it unless he lands a clean hit. This way, the opponent also has a chance to recover the lost health well provided they can get out of the situation. Amane already deals low damage (in comparison to other characters) with combos anyway, so I thought this might give him a reasonable method to achieve his goals.

Of course, I am not saying this idea is foolproof and certainly someone who knows more about the character can give a much better insight than I.

Amane is in an interesting little dilemma and as far as I am aware of, wholly unique only to Blazblue. By the very nature of his mechanic (deal absurd amount of chip damage) he is probably never going to be allowed to be anything higher than "Gimmick Tier" or perhaps "mediocre". If you think about it, on the one hand it's pretty easy to see why he shouldn't ever reach "good" status. After all, would you want a character designed to (potentially) rip apart your defensive measures (barrier block), chip your health down for deciding to save your barrier/or have already lost it or be forced to take a free combo because being chipped is the scarier alternative, to actually be high on the tier list? Right now he's marred by less than stellar normals and lackluster damage outside of lv.3 drill (which in itself is difficult to maintain properly).

But on the other hand, I feel it is a shame that ASW would put in the time and effort on a character that simply does not function like he ought to. And I don't think ASW is in the mood to scrap him altogether so really the best course of action, I think, would be to alter/overhaul his mechanic in a way that allows him to do what he should, but make it both effective and fair. For example, I toyed with the idea that, rather than doing immediate chip damage, his Drive would instead cause "blue health" on block like the one seen in Persona 4 Arena and that he cannot kill you with it unless he lands a clean hit. This way, the opponent also has a chance to recover the lost health well provided they can get out of the situation. Amane already deals low damage (in comparison to other characters) with combos anyway, so I thought this might give him a reasonable method to achieve his goals.

Of course, I am not saying this idea is foolproof and certainly someone who knows more about the character can give a much better insight than I.

Well, he already has to work for that level three drill, so the idea of Blue Health isn't really that great.

Rather, the way I see it, is that he's more of a momentum/block string character.  Most characters, if you get stuck in a long block string you get 50/50'd at some point and then combo'd.  Amane, if he can keep you on the defensive long enough, he can drill you.  Personally, I'd get rid of his methods of getting instant level 3drill (6D) and smooth out/quicken his drill meter.

Ideally, he should almost be like a mode change character.  Like, think Phoenix Wright:  But instead of collecting evidence,  you just directly bash the opponent's shield until you hit level 3.  That, and if you can't keep the momentum up, you loose level three.

Nine appears on the main visual. Poor Jin, only his arms got in on that main visual... unless that's actually not the whole thing?
Arcade mode is organised into three parts: Act1, Act2 and Act3. (Whatever the hell that means.)

Edited by Tokkan

adding "l_" before the file name will give a bigger image.

FNsGrVf.jpg

Am I reading it right? The name of the first act is Phantom of Labyrinth?

And I think I like what they've done with the text boxes.

adding "l_" before the file name will give a bigger image.

FNsGrVf.jpg

Am I reading it right? The name of the first act is Phantom of Labyrinth?

And I think I like what they've done with the text boxes.

I was right Rachel x Naoto is real 

Love the visual, Nine looks totally awesome (everyone looks awesome). I agree that there's probably another side to the visual, probably to hide something exciting or just because they couldn't fit it in the spread. The fact it's so close and they're planning some cool story-related stuff is pretty exciting.

Also love how it's cut off in a way that cuts all but Jins arms out, makes me laugh, he basically got wazowski'd.

The main visual clearly looks like it isn't complete, but I wonder if didn't fit, or it's only a third and the next part of the image will be shown every time a new act is released. That is if the acts are released in parts and not it's for another reason.

Edited by Zedar90

With the three new playable characters on only one half of the new visual, it does make you wonder if the other half will contain other new playable characters.

Oooohh, I just noticed each Arcade battle has the character portraits off to the side and light up to indicate who's speaking; that's cool.

Honestly, I don't know about the fact that even the flipping arcade is reduced to just few paths instead of character specific routes. Do they really have to fit the story somehow into the game? Or maybe I am worrying too much and each path has certain set of playable characters who you pick and play to see the story, while still allowing you to play with each character.

(Note, I have no idea how they have dealt with the arcade mode in Xrd Revelator, so this might be just wishful thinking).