kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

That claw Nine has looks freaking cool. Most things in the screenshots from the article look freaking cool. Color me hyped.

Edited by GEKKA

It was a hope of mine that they'd bring back individual story routes, only to make the story even more streamlined by nixing Arcade routes. Given that, I seriously doubt everyone is going to get a piece of the pie.

It was a hope of mine that they'd bring back individual story routes, only to make the story even more streamlined by nixing Arcade routes. Given that, I seriously doubt everyone is going to get a piece of the pie.

Nixing the Arcade routes? You can clearly see Noel's, Ragna's and Naoto's arcade ends in the scan, which supposedly are part of act 1..

While we don't know what they mean with three acts, it's hard to believe that it will only be three huge arcade modes, it doesn't make any sense.
It would anger the players forcing them to play character's they don't like. It would also make each player spend more time per play which also hurts ARC's income.
I believe more that each character(or most) will have a new arcade route on every act that are released after some time.

hopefully the famitsu scan tomorrow will shed more light on what it means with the 3 acts.

Nixing the Arcade routes? You can clearly see Noel's, Ragna's and Naoto's arcade ends in the scan, which supposedly are part of act 1..

While we don't know what they mean with three acts, it's hard to believe that it will only be three huge arcade modes, it doesn't make any sense.
It would anger the players forcing them to play character's they don't like. It would also make each player spend more time per play which also hurts ARC's income.
I believe more that each character(or most) will have a new arcade route on every act that are released after some time.

hopefully the famitsu scan tomorrow will shed more light on what it means with the 3 acts.

What I interpreted it as is that only specific characters will be used in each act; if its similar to how Xrd is doing it at the very least. But yea we should wait and see.

Similar to how Xrd is doing? Revelator's episode mode is mechanically the same thing as arcade mode, the only thing different is the use of story mode style cutscenes.

so is it safe to assume in that, pic Naoto is the new Ragna by,the end of this game ? if so good bye,my Main you were one of the best characters I used, now go join terry bogard and the other Gen 1 fighters in fighter heaven you earned 

IsZF8pX.gif

Edited by red13

so is it safe to assume in that, pic Naoto is the new Ragna by,the end of this game ? if so good bye,my Main you were one of the best characters I used, now go join terry bogard and the other Gen 1 fighters in fighter heaven you earned 

IsZF8pX.gif

Why do I keep hearing this repeated like mantra? There is literally no evidential basis at all to assume this.

Because it's only one person repeating it over and over again.

nope not me I bean hearing too  from other people here  as well  so pleases  don't start a flame war 

Edited by red13

Ya know, I notice there specific reactions to this game whenever a new one comes out.

1. Unbridled Hype

2. The "#WhensJubei" crowd.

3. The "ZOMG X IS GONNA DIE AND BE THE NEW PROTAG" crowd. 

Why do I keep hearing this repeated like mantra? There is literally no evidential basis at all to assume this.

that why I asked it as question I mean the way the pic looks gives that Idea but then again  we are also assuming  there is another half to this pic since we see jin's arms  

Ya know, I notice there specific reactions to this game whenever a new one comes out.

1. Unbridled Hype

2. The "#WhensJubei" crowd.

3. The "ZOMG X IS GONNA DIE AND BE THE NEW PROTAG" crowd. 

yeah that happen with Kagura when he was first shown  but I think this one might be different then that one since, we know Ragna is going to die  so unless  friendship and love save him from is life slowly draining  it looks like he is going to die  

Regardless. There is no evidence.
People are saying this because he's got a moveset like traditional protagonists in other 2D fighters.
The picture doesn't indicate anything. Sure he's next to Ragna, a position usually held by Jin, but that means nothing. Starring on the front artwork means jack-all with story (Amane being the prime example) and is just used to promote the newest playable character.

Even if Ragna's arc is coming to an end, that doesn't mean he's going to get kicked out of the series should a new game in the main series come after CF. Ryu was replaced by Alex as the main protagonist for the Street Fighter 3 series but he still made playable appearance.

EDIT: Ragna looks like he's going to die but this is BlazBlue. Lambda, Nu, Celica, and (seemingly) Terumi ACTUALLY died and they're all back again. Saving Noel's soul when she was Mu was built up to be impossible but here we are now. 
Nothing's definite in this series, but baseless speculation based on a poster and gameplay elements isn't the best thing to be doing, and it gets dull pretty quickly.

Edited by VermilionBird

nope not me I bean hearing too  from other people here  as well  so pleases  don't start a flame war 

You realise however that you're posting unproven personal theories in a thread dedicated to discussing facts (as in the stuff that is currently confirmed), right? And no, posing said theories in the form of a question does not help your case.

On topic: I am intrigued by what ASW is doing with the Arcade this time in the form of these Act segments. It's a bit surprising since they've usually stuck with a more minimalist/character-centered approach with the Arcade version for Blazblue and expanded upon the story for consoles later down the line. Regardless, I look forward to seeing how it goes from here.

Even if Ragna's arc is coming to an end, that doesn't mean he's going to get kicked out of the series should a new game in the main series come after CF. Ryu was replaced by Alex as the main protagonist for the Street Fighter 3 series but he still made playable appearance.

that a good point 

Edited by red13

You realise however that you're posting unproven personal theories in a thread dedicated to discussing facts (as in the stuff that is currently confirmed), right? And no, posing said theories in the form of a question does not help your case.

all I did as ask it as a question where did you get the Idea I was doing a theorie ?

It belongs in this thread here

But for the sake of getting it over with, the Black Beast has technically always been a part of Ragna - that's what the Azure Grimoire is after all; the corpse of the Beast.
Rachel said he's pretty much dying, yeah, but he looks okay at the end of CPEX, bar amnesia.

Ragna doesn't have cancer even that's a new one on me but his life is apparently coming to a close. His life looks to be coming to a close, but as its been said before, that might mean nothing by the end of CF. Lets just wait for some more information to come out and keep going to the appropriate threads, because this one is for straight-up information and facts.

But for the sake of getting it over with, the Black Beast has technically always been a part of Ragna - that's what the Azure Grimoire is after all; the corpse of the Beast.
Rachel said he's pretty much dying, yeah, but he looks okay at the end of CPEX, bar amnesia.

Ragna doesn't have cancer even that's a new one on me but his life is apparently coming to a close. His life looks to be coming to a close, but as its been said before, that might mean nothing by the end of CF. Lets just wait for some more information to come out and keep going to the appropriate threads, because this one is for straight-up information and facts.

yeah sorry about that I forgot this was news and facts thread  this site was down for a while so I forgot ;)

wait whats this about Ragna dying now ? (only played CT and CS )

I heard someone from Gamfaqs brought it up  so its not just hare( I think)

Edited by warlord

wait whats this about Ragna dying now ? (only played CT and CS )

According to Rachel, hi-this isn't even the topic for this. Hold on.

I'm just concerned for balance on Nine, seeing as how no loketest has had her present, and there's not a lot of time to make tweaks now.

And yeah, i'm part of the crowd that wants Jubei, but, i'm not even about to get my hopes up. Mori clearly wants to come up with anything and everything to avoid adding Jubei as a playable character, so, fuck Mori hard. At least Hibiki looks interesting, and Nine is an unknown, so, I can't comment on her.

Also, why is Ragna relatively normal when he went batshit crazy in BBCP?

Edited by TekkamanArk

why is Ragna relatively normal when he went batshit crazy in BBCP?

Well that's because he was-... Well that is a good question. Mori you sly dog. Thought no one would question that? But there is a lot of unanswered questions like how did relius meet his wife and in CT why did hakumen let ragna go after resisting kokonoes teleportation trap.