kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

22 minutes ago, GEKKA said:

As far as I know, the clones are drive moves. So they don't use meter. How could that ever be broken?

he said because you can pick which clones are real and since people love to be random  it makes the character broken you won't know how to deal with him 

43 minutes ago, TD said:

Please tell your brother he doesn't know what he is talking about and to wait for the game to come out before making baseless assumptions. I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar that he isn't a prophet, so he shouldn't play that role.

I never said he was but when I look at the video and No meter is being used,well I wish you luck in dealing with hibiki .

3 Years from now, your going to look back and this conversation and realize wow he was right.  

You should tell your brother that a character with that exact shadow clone mechanic has existed for decades, his name is Kubikiri Basara from Samurai Shodown/Spirits.  He has never been higher than B tier.  In fact his shadow clones were even more powerful than Hibiki's are because on top of that he had teleports, projectiles, command grabs, the longest ranged normals in the game...you name it.  However if you and your brother still insist on Hibiki being "OP" because of such a thing, then please let me borrow your crystal ball, I'd like to know if the quality of the average Dustloop post has improved in 2017.

28 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

You should tell your brother that a character with that exact shadow clone mechanic has existed for decades, his name is Kubikiri Basara from Samurai Shodown/Spirits.  He has never been higher than B tier.  In fact his shadow clones were even more powerful than Hibiki's are because on top of that he had teleports, projectiles, command grabs, the longest ranged normals in the game...you name it.  However if you and your brother still insist on Hibiki being "OP" because of such a thing, then please let me borrow your crystal ball, I'd like to know if the quality of the average Dustloop post has improved in 2017.

samurai shodown  was my first fighting and I can 100 % confirm  that Kubikiri plays nothing like Hibki my friend in fact he mostly use his is big ninja star  and no shadow clones don't believe me ? here  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIn8jEDVBWI  and even more proof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENE9KiR42E0 no shadow clones what so ever  

Just now, warlord said:

samurai shodown  was my first fighting and I can 100 % confirm  that Kubikiri plays nothing like Hibki my friend in fact he mostly use his is big ninja star  and no shadow clones don't believe me ? here  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIn8jEDVBWI  and even more proof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENE9KiR42E0 no shadow clones what so ever  

Just because you didn't know his entire movelist doesn't mean he has no shadow clones.

As for the whole "Feints are broken" problem, remember how Arakune had them since CT? Yeah, me neither, because he hardly ever uses them. Guess they aren't so OP after all.

8 minutes ago, SoWL said:

Just because you didn't know his entire movelist doesn't mean he has no shadow clones.

As for the whole "Feints are broken" problem, remember how Arakune had them since CT? Yeah, me neither, because he hardly ever uses them. Guess they aren't so OP after all.

As far as I remember he doesn't use theme in the same degree  as Hibiki.

that whole fight only had one shadow clone,because Kubikiri was not meant to be played that way,unlike Hibiki that is meant to be played that way,once people know how to play Hibki be afraid the mix up will make him very broken 

2 hours ago, red13 said:

3 Years from now, your going to look back and this conversation and realize wow he was right.  

No we're not.

From every video I've seen, Hibiki looks decent. Not too strong and not too weak, either. Seriously, can we stop saying "This character is broken bc of this mechanic!". I mean, could you imagine if Ragna and Hibiki switched places? Everyone would be saying shit like "Omg he gets health with every D attack?! And his Overdrive makes him absorb more?! He's so broken!!!"
Or Amane; "His Drive does how much chip damage?! You can't block against him! Broken, broken broken!!"
What about Tager? "They gave a grappler the ability to make you get closer to him?! And he has a 5K super?! So unfair!!"
Carl... "You can control two characters at the same time?! How are you supposed to win?!"

Or even classic Terumi: "He can get 50% heat off a single combo?! WTF ARC?!"

If I had a penny for every time something like this happens, I could probably bribe Mori into actually putting in a real broken character for everyone to complain about. Jfc.

20 minutes ago, VermilionBird said:

No we're not.

From every video I've seen, Hibiki looks decent. Not too strong and not too weak, either. Seriously, can we stop saying "This character is broken bc of this mechanic!". I mean, could you imagine if Ragna and Hibiki switched places? Everyone would be saying shit like "Omg he gets health with every D attack?! And his Overdrive makes him absorb more?! He's so broken!!!"
Or Amane; "His Drive does how much chip damage?! You can't block against him! Broken, broken broken!!"
What about Tager? "They gave a grappler the ability to make you get closer to him?! And he has a 5K super?! So unfair!!"
Carl... "You can control two characters at the same time?! How are you supposed to win?!"

Or even classic Terumi: "He can get 50% heat off a single combo?! WTF ARC?!"

If I had a penny for every time something like this happens, I could probably bribe Mori into actually putting in a real broken character for everyone to complain about. Jfc.

well damn you make a good point  I'm just saying once someone knows how to use his clones it will make fighting him hard how are you gonna know which is real ?

2 minutes ago, Tokkan said:

... That's the cutoff date for submitting fanart to be featured as eyecatches on the upcoming Bururaji episode.

I see I will delete it then and thank you 

7 minutes ago, warlord said:

I used google translate and said something about theme of Central fiction  opening maybe ? 

The fan art they want as eye catches for every episode has a certain theme.
For example last episode had Halloween, and the episode before that had Autumn.
It only says that the upcoming episode's theme is "Congratulation to the release of Central Fiction" since it's likely the episode will come out on or near the release date.

48 minutes ago, red13 said:

well damn you make a good point  I'm just saying once someone knows how to use his clones it will make fighting him hard how are you gonna know which is real ?

You're going to go to TRAINING mode and learn how to fight against him.

a classic clone character would be chizuru from KOF. Her neutral is almost exclusively making people think it's the real her doing one move and capitalizing off mistakes in that regard, as well as using the same move to zone with. She has several illusory moves. She's good, but not too good, as an example.

theres a lot of random factor in illusory moves that don't always go as planned, besides that he may have many ways of being shut down. Just -wait- for the game and full exploration of his tools before going off the deep end.

Wow, it feels like we've gone straight to GameFAQ style here: "My Brother says:" posts and everything!  Are we being trolled?

Anyways, it's unlikely that Dan shall be too broken; so far the recovery, and to a lesser extent, the start-up, on those shadow clones looks horrendous.  Besides, in a certain respect, Nu can do the same thing but better.  The woman has full screen projectiles and mix ups on that D button of hers and she can "teleport" if they land.  In a certain respect Dan Hibiki is sporting a more limited melee version of Nu's Sword Summoner Drive.  The difference is that it has shorter range and appears to be very unsafe on wiff, but can act as a feint or true block.

Before anyone complains, I know Nu's drive is a more different from Hibiki's than that; my point is that there are some similar core elements that point to the fact that if Nu can be balanced, so can't Hibiki.

Quite frankly, a character being random and hard to predict has never stopped them from being balanced - that's actually the bread and butter of Air-Dashers.  At the very least Makoto's Asteroid Vision is a wonderful proof-of-concept of how an illusory feint can be dealt with: "Which way is Makoto coming from?  Who cares, just attack all of them: Option select that approach."

So no, Hibiki isn't guaranteed to be broken on release.  His drive requires him to get a lot closer than Nu's and appears to be even more unsafe on wiff, and if you're not sure which is the illusion you can always just throw out an option select anyways.  For example, Hibiki is going to have a horrid match-up with Hazama if he really relies on air-attacks that much when using his drive.  Go anti-air go!

If Hibiki is going to be broken, it's going to be for other reasons.

Did I just actually post something game-play relevant in this thread, and not something completely pointless?  Okay, maybe pointless since this shouldn't really even be a question, but I posted something game-play relevant in the gameplay thread, for once.  Hooray!

Feint moves like that generally aren't even that strong unless, I dunno, you're trying to astral as soon as he hits the D button or something. It's usually really easy to just do something safe that'll work if it's the real deal or the feint.

Hibiki's drive looks incredibly tame.

3 hours ago, VermilionBird said:

We already had that; it was called CP 1.0 Kokonoe. So broken that for the first time, tournaments considered banning a BB character outright. In a series that always had some really stupid-good characters, she stands out with that distinction. To the point, she's been gutted, perforated, set on fire and sprinkled with salt for good measure (twice) and she still somehow manages to be at least "good".

But I suppose I can understand why people like to make arbitrary predictions on which character is going to be broken. After all, what better justification can you get than being able to blame your loss to said character than "ZOMG character X is too OP! Nerfnerfnerfnerf". Look guys (and this is for anyone that has this mindset), chances are that you'll lack the experience dealing with the new blood and for a while you might even scratch your noggin wondering how to deal with them. But this is why you play against them repeatedly (or as them) and get used to their tricks until you find ways to beat them. That's the process, but it can only work when you have the game in your physical hands. Making claims about a game/character you have not played against yourself is...kinda useless.

Anyway, enough of that. November is upon us ladies and gentlemen. Game's out in arcades this month. I'm pretty stoked for the incoming information of changes and just letting it eat up even more of my limited free-time.

3 hours ago, VermilionBird said:

People have been saying stuff like this about Tager for well over 3 years. Also that statement about Carl has actually been True for Tager Players.... :vbang:

So you would have had alot of pennies by now, Are you sure you weren't the one responsible for Brokenoe?

1 minute ago, TagerTime said:

So you would have had alot of pennies by now, Are you sure you weren't the one responsible for Brokenoe?

LET'S GET BACK TO THE TOPIC 

I remember hearing something about Hibiki being able to hold and dash out of his feints as well a while back. I feel bad though, because I am really excited for the character, but everyone's shitting on him and praising Naoto, who I think looks incredibly stupid and simple.

11 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

I remember hearing something about Hibiki being able to hold and dash out of his feints as well a while back. I feel bad though, because I am really excited for the character, but everyone's shitting on him and praising Naoto, who I think looks incredibly stupid and simple.

Wow, rood. Its not our fault Mori is promoting him. Or that he looks really cool.

4 minutes ago, VermilionBird said:

Hadn't seen this posted yet (thank you Zedar for finding these!)

No need to credit me, it's not like I took the photos. Here are the sources: Amane Relius

Edited by Zedar90

21 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

I agree with this.  Naoto looks boring and derivative.  Hibiki looks like he could pass for an original Calamity Trigger style character, which is nice.  I'd like the series to go back to that style where everyone felt a bit more different.

Outside of having similar moves, in what way is Naoto derivative? He plays nothing like Ragna lol.

And when did all of the characters suddenly not feel "different"