kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

19 minutes ago, meitantei kogorou said:

I would like to just extend this discussion just a little bit mo-- Oh, it seems you logged off!

Greetings! How amazing of you to log back into the website just as your accused other disapp-- Oh, you're both gone now.

Oh? You're back! They're accusing the other two and also you of being the same person but the others just logged off as you came online. If only there was a way to keep you all together just for a little while and we can clear this misunderstanding...

I was always here I don't know what they bean doing 

21 minutes ago, meitantei kogorou said:

I would like to just extend this discussion just a little bit mo-- Oh, it seems you logged off!

Greetings! How amazing of you to log back into the website just as your accused other disapp-- Oh, you're both gone now.

Oh? You're back! They're accusing the other two and also you of being the same person but the others just logged off as you came online. If only there was a way to keep you all together just for a little while and we can clear this misunderstanding...

Work ? Life ?  is it such a Mystery thing in Dustloop I had no idea my bad.

19 minutes ago, Fenris said:

One of the forum staff will or may have already run an IP check on him or something. I doubt he's under like eight proxies or something.

Yes pls do then feel really Stupid after.

5 minutes ago, GEKKA said:

Can we let this part of the discussion die? We're all in alignment. Let the staff figure it out and move on.

Back to BBCF please.

That what I want since the only Person logged of is warlord 

36 minutes ago, meitantei kogorou said:

Boy you must feel really dumb evil edge and I are both online where are you ?

Jesus Christ.

Red13, evil edge, and warlord. 3 guys with the same posting times, grammar mistakes, and even the same IPs.

Get triple banned.

Making more than one account is a permanent offense. You're not coming back.

For the rest of you guys, be sure to report this stuff if you get suspicious.

2 minutes ago, Dazardz said:

What is this thing about acts? Are there three different arcade storylines for CF that are going to be released separately or what?

Yeah. Each character have three arcade story lines, and only the first will be available on release. Acts 2 and 3 will be released later, and when a new act is released expect that there will be a new op as well as a new main visual.
I would guess if Nine is released in act 2, she will only have a act 2 and act 3 story.

Arc have also said that there will also be new game modes, which I guess will be added once a new act is released.

That makes it sounds like a big gap in time between each act released. If the console release isn't getting a date before all acts are released, I hope these 3 acts don't take too long. I'm happy that every character is getting so much for arcade though.

3 hours ago, mAc Chaos said:

Jesus Christ.

Red13, evil edge, and warlord. 3 guys with the same posting times, grammar mistakes, and even the same IPs.

Get triple banned.

maxresdefault.jpg

We'll see, I expect that each act will be released within two or three months after previous act. Even if it's a new op, I don't think it will be changed too dramatically. Maybe the summary in the beginning will be about previous Act(including changed CGs) instead of CP, the character quotes will be changed and Nine will be added into another place and the "Evil Nine" will be changed into the next boss(if there is one).

OD is becoming quite a developed mechanic. I like how easy it is seemingly to implement these tools into gameplay, but still having that challenging edge to it, adding yet another layer of mind game to an already strong offensive and defensive game. Keeping risk and reward in mind is the part that I must commend the most.

dpless characters are the happiest. Now, you get a dp, you get a dp, and YOU get a dp! Everyone gets a dp!!!!

29 minutes ago, TD said:

dpless characters are the happiest. Now, you get a dp, you get a dp, and YOU get a dp! Everyone gets a dp!!!!

Doesn't this largely depend on what your EA is? I'm still somewhat confused by the mechanic, but its plus on block for all characters. So unless it pushes back far enough away you're still in an awkward situation. Like if your back is against the wall, your positioning won't be ideal depending on character of course. So I'm kinda hoping they do a compilation of all the EA.

This does make for an interesting mind game that you wouldn't have had against a DPless character.

I'm thinking the hit boxes will play an important factor, like you said; and also where the EA leaves both characters positioning and frame advantage wise on hit. 

Hmm. I'm trying to piece together how would you be able to OS an EA activation, I don't like to think of it as a complete "get out of jail free" card. Its gonna be even harder to OS bursts since you actually have to block them now. 

It's looking like a meta extremely focused on the neutral game since the defensive options just keep getting stronger lol.

Just makin' sure, but a blocked EA is rapid cancelable right? (Actually how about on hit? an active flow EA is 4K and that's one heckava combo starter if it can be continued into much...)

11 hours ago, TD said:

OD is becoming quite a developed mechanic. I like how easy it is seemingly to implement these tools into gameplay, but still having that challenging edge to it, adding yet another layer of mind game to an already strong offensive and defensive game. Keeping risk and reward in mind is the part that I must commend the most.

Yes, it is cool that it functions as a reversal. Of course, it is better than nothing.

But the linearity behind the options seriously makes it suffer, if the data from previous versions of the game can be trusted. In prior loketests, there were the "fast held EA" and "normal input EA" functions, and the speeds on both of those allow you to OS them in pretty significant ways, where if they were covered right, it would honestly be more worth it for you to have bursted and given up your active flow potential.

EA MIGHT give you seemingly high risk high reward plays, but in actuality because of the resource exchange, it can potentially mean a low risk high reward play on your opponent's end. I'd rather guess DP and get an ensured burst (and get to keep my burst on hit) than try to reversal EA and potentially have it covered (properly) and be out of a burst, and in a position where keeping that AF is not doing me any good. Then you have the hit scenario, where you get your burst back, but where this is in the match is extremely important.

This is only one specific angle comparing DP and EA, but it is far different from a vanilla DP by virtue of a lot of it's properties, and frankly I see it becoming much more restricted very quickly~

This stuff is bound to change if the speeds of the options change, because it greatly affects what character can or cant cover. However, The resource exchange and implications of it (even on hit) can be really negative in the long run of the match, so!

I'll wait for numbers from the final release to come out before posting anything really nitty gritty about how we should reason out EA's existence as a reversal, but yeah. Frankly how I see it being EFFECTIVELY used is more of a deterrent to cause weaker pressure structure rather than actually disrespecting pressure with it.

11 hours ago, AchedSphinx said:

Doesn't this largely depend on what your EA is? I'm still somewhat confused by the mechanic, but its plus on block for all characters. So unless it pushes back far enough away you're still in an awkward situation. Like if your back is against the wall, your positioning won't be ideal depending on character of course. So I'm kinda hoping they do a compilation of all the EA.

This does make for an interesting mind game that you wouldn't have had against a DPless character.

Well, as I said earlier it isn't really the same as a DP, there is a lot more to consider. Thinking of it like a DP could leave you in a worse place, even if you do end up hitting with it. The price is super steep!

EA's don't vary that much in terms of frame data (if at all?), but AFAIK none of them are plus lol, unpunishable =/= plus. It does push back rather far, but I also am unsure if it is ACTUALLY /unpunishable/ given the short amount of time players have had to fight against it.

Positioning change DOES add another element to it for sure though!

6 hours ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

Hmm. I'm trying to piece together how would you be able to OS an EA activation, I don't like to think of it as a complete "get out of jail free" card. Its gonna be even harder to OS bursts since you actually have to block them now. 

It's looking like a meta extremely focused on the neutral game since the defensive options just keep getting stronger lol.

You can OS the startup, pretty much the only possible thing you can do without sacrificing too much. I think the implications of EA and AF are way heavier on the offensive side lol, the game can potentially become much more skewed if you don't manage your resources correctly, especially because these defensive options are STEEP and can potentially come at a high risk (which is how i see EA panning out, lol).

Burst removing AF potential, AF + EA is commonly going to be seen in the hands of a player who had momentum, there are a lot of things that point to the resource exchange favoring offensive characters, especially those with good overdrives lol.

5 hours ago, Myoro said:

Just makin' sure, but a blocked EA is rapid cancelable right? (Actually how about on hit? an active flow EA is 4K and that's one heckava combo starter if it can be continued into much...)

It is not RCable period, and they are supposedly /just/ uncomboable.

PHEW

The real value of EA seems to be that it activates AF after it connects. This would mean that early OD cancel combos could become less expensive overall because you'd get the burst back insanely quick afterword, however that would mean that the OD cancel combo would have to end just before the OD ended, which if memory serves isn't a lot of time to get much use out of the OD cancel from the higher HP ODc's. (Although I have heard that OD values have been altered in some way or another, so that could be Mori and co. taking account of this..?)

Of course having a safe(ish?) reversal option isn't bad. It kinda brings what I'd assumed would be the original use for OD raid to the bulk of the cast. Of course OD raid hasn't been too much of a game stealer in my experience, so similarly I'm not too frightened of the prospect.

I think EA's a nice option to have, but the scale of its worth will be dependent on how much damage we can lead into it early match, how effective a reversal it promises to be, and finally how easy it is to activate AF through other means. (I'm still a lil' foggy on the conditions needed to start AF for each character. Last I heard it just sorta came about from "being aggressive" the req's varied for everyone so there was no hard formula given.)

Baring in mind that I've yet to experience the game in a meaningful way aside from second hand notes and loke vids, if I can do an OD combo and get AF out without using EA, I feel like it's going to be the right choice in a lotta situations in terms of value. If AF really is something easy to work with and manipulate I don't see much reason to include EA's in a combo, other than at the beginning of a combo for fast burst safe damage for no meter.

Definitely something I've gotta ponder more though. Oh that detail about how the bursts have been buffed is interesting too. Ignoring all guard point, invulnerability and armor makes them a much more powerful tool, making bursts require a rapid or some sort of other cancel into block to successfully bait. (Over in Relius land, for the longest time we'd thought Ley had simply been nerfed so it no longer operated as a burst bait...) The fact that burst ends AF is no surprise really, but it basically means that for optimal burst gauge value you'll wanna burst before AF has been gotten or when you've reached the point where you'd never get your burst back anyway. Again, how easy AF is to manipulate plays a big part in how bursts will be best used. On the flip side the hard reads might get easier because players will be looking for economic times to burst.

I also wonder if things like catch moves will still function on bursts. They... kinda guardpoint? Bah it's a gray aria. Ether way I'd like to know for certain.

Also thanks for the answers! Y'all are the best.