kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

Both naoto (that cross up kick...) and hibiki look extremely hype! hopefully naoto fills the sour void that I had after realizing how boring I found bullet, he looks exactly like how I thought a character like her would play.

Nine sounds interesting with that amount of spell combinations to remember on top of combos. I hope all the combinations have at least some situational usefulness. Though considering how video games are, she will have a set of spell combos that are far more useful than the rest.

Jesus Christ, out of twenty something spell combinations, I'm certain at least 2-3 of them are going to have some type of situational use. Really curious to what types of effects her spells have. Do some freeze? Do they lock opponents down? So many possibilities. 

It looks like she'll be the "difficult, but rewarding" type of character to contrast Naoto and Hibiki's simpler playstyles. I can imagine how much hell its going to be to memorize and setup the right combinations of spells.

Oh yes, I might not even play this character and I want to know more about her.

There's a decent chance I will not be playing nine because jesus chirst that sounds insane to manage, but at the same time I am incredibly hype to see people get good at her. The versatility of having 20 possible outcomes is kind of the most insane thing I've heard, especially if some of the combinations are more utility spells than outright attacks.

35 minutes ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

Oh yes, I might not even play this character and I want to know more about her.

Well duh, you should always learn about your potential enemies, and Nine is totally going to be a common pick when CF lands on consoles.

My only wish is for her to have an obvious weakness despite this "You have the options for everything" design, and since she seems to take a lot of time to get her best magic, that sounds good enough to me. No one wants to have another Kokonoe-like "Well, she's supposed to be strong in the story, so let's give her everything" design.

20 combinations? I count 21.

Fire | Fire Fire | Fire Fire Fire

Fire Wind | Fire Water

Fire Wind Water

Wind | Wind Wind | Wind Wind Wind

Wind Water

Water | Water Water | Water Water Water

Wind Fire | Water Fire | Water Wind

Fire Water Wind

Water Fire Wind | Water Wind Fire

Wind Fire Water | Wind Water Fire

I don't think order of the stocks matters(that would be really complex for a character who already looks insanely complex). Assuming combinations of two are possible since a singular stock produces results, you get this:

Spoiler

Fi/Fi/Fi

Fi/Fi

Fi

Wa/Wa/Wa

Wa/Wa

Wa

Wi/Wi/Wi

Wi/Wi

Wi

Fi/Fi/Wa

Fi/Fi/Wi

Wa/Wa/Wi

Wa/Wa/Fi

Wi/Wi/Fi

Wi/Wi/Wa

Fi/Wa

Fi/Wi

Wi/Wa 

Fi/Wa/Wi

Granted, that's still 19, not twenty, but it's possible there might be an outcome for having no slots. Like a tao taunt level magic spell or something lol.

Likely, only the 3-element spells will matter:
Fi/Fi/Fi
Fi/Fi/Wi
Fi/Fi/Wa
Fi/Wi/Wi
Fi/Wa/Wa
Fi/Wi/Wa
Wi/Wi/Wi
Wi/Wi/Wa
Wa/Wa/Wa
Wa/Wa/Wi

Everything else will be weaksauce, like Dormammu's non-maxed spells.

Looks like I was sniped, but I do think no-stock makes the 20th. 

Spoiler

No Stock (1 combination)
None

1 Stock (3 combinations)
Fire
Water
Wind

2 Stock (6 combinations)
Fire x 2
Water x 2
Wind x 2
Fire + Water
Fire + Wind
Water + Wind

3 stock (10 combinations)
Fire x 3
Water x 3
Wind x 3
Fire x 2 + Water
Fire x 2 + Wind
Water x 2 + Fire
Water x 2 + Wind
Wind x 2 + Fire
Wind x 2 + Water
Fire + Water + Wind

I think you guys are right, I forgot about Fire Fire Wind and the like.

I feel that level 1 and 2 spells may have some situational use (like, say, you get caught on defense and only have one or two charges to defend yourself with) or maybe, say FFF is only slightly better than FF and players wind up going for FF more simply because it can be used more often.

I say we wait until we wait until the game hits and people can start experimenting with stuff. There are a ton of different ways optimal use of her spell system can work out.

6 hours ago, spesialo said:

Translating the rest. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

The stock can hold maximum 3 type of magic. The combination of the stock will change what magic would appear when pressing D.
1 fire -> Coral of Wrath
3 fire -> Rubellite of Rage (appears like powered up version of Coral of Wrath)
1 water + 1 wind + 1 fire -> Nephrite of Demise
The magic can reach up to 20 combinations.
That fact made it seems like it would be most important to memorize the combination. Being aware of the icons during battle is also essential.
Other than magic, there's also the special moves and DD.
Some of them will change according to the slot.

Special Moves
Flack (Black?) Snatcher: get a buff according to the active slot.
Crimson Raider: rush/charge attack

Exceed Accel
Scarlet Vein: the arm of Hi no Kagutsuchi crushes the opponent.

Distortion Drive
Azurite Inferno: crucifix the opponent and shoots magic orbs at them. The damage will change according to the stock.

Last, she turns into a phantom when dashing.

Wait, is it "Flack Snatcher" or "Flux Nurture"? The kanji name implies it's should be nurture...

Also considering the "kanji name" for the Exceed Accel is " 嘲笑う真緋の虚栄 " (Sneering Scarlet Vanity") shouldn't the "katakana name" be Scarlet Vain instead of Scarlet Vein

for some reason i got a swinging feeling someone is gonna find a spell combination that creates oki with her and is plus as hell on block. out of all those 20 combination....come on son. its gotta happen

most likely. seems like the higher the number is to 10 the more the opinion of said players making them out to be pretty good. if you scroll down one of them gives naoto a 4 as he explains he believes hes not all that good really in his opinion so he gave him a 4. theres a 2nd opinion by another player by that as well which explains the 2 numbers rating for each character.

48 minutes ago, Vulcan422 said:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s660/sh/60bcf7c3-9fbc-4345-97e5-4a35e48cd036/fcb8fe6db58eae3206d730f6b27dd236

LOL @ Azrael's entry. That's why I fucking love this character.

Looking forward to the new Terumi.

The fact that a very good Azrael player is telling us and Arcsys that Azrael didn't need a DP and giving him 11/10 tell a lot. Hibiki got my very close attention. He is really fast, which I like but most of the time I prefer mid range chars. His movements are amazing and his normals are fast. If they don't give me Jubei by the console release. I may add him to my army. 

So They gave Mu-12 and Kagura a 7. I can take that since  it is coming from Mitsurugi. Relius won't be low tier again in his life, lol. 

19 minutes ago, Ragnarok_F4 said:

What's the meaning behind this "rating"? Is it a indicator about how good or bad is a character?

I took it more as how satisfactory the character was in terms of game design. They clarify multiple times that they can't tell you whether they think the character is good or bad so far.  

Seeing that evernote. Rachel rating 3 leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. ;____;

Pumpkin removal is still an idea I disagree with but all I can do is hope for it's return and work with what we've got. Doubt Arc would bring it back in a later release :(

33 minutes ago, gamester said:

Seeing that evernote. Rachel rating 3 leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. ;____;

Pumpkin removal is still an idea I disagree with but all I can do is hope for it's return and work with what we've got. Doubt Arc would bring it back in a later release :(

Well, the second reviewer gave her 8 from 10 points. She just seems to be a bit weaker and we still have to wait until more players can try her out and try utilise the princess' new tool more efficiently.

Spoiler

564b35c9e8254.jpg

Interesting that Hazama and Tager have such a low rating. We all know that the changes to his Ouroboros-Drive were multiple slaps to the face but still... And many assumed after the first two location tests that Tager will become even stronger in Centralfiction with the new mechanics and the buffs. It intrigue me what they have changed. Taokaka is also a mixed bag like Naoto.

Combination attacks huh. Nine is going to be quite the character.

poor Rachel ;_; so irritating, she didn't seem to get anything to help with the loss of pumpkin. J2c being overhead now is redundant as hell...

17 minutes ago, Danaiden said:

Well, the second reviewer gave her 8 from 10 points. She just seems to be a bit weaker and we still have to wait until more players can try her out and try utilise the princess' new tool more efficiently.

Reveal hidden contents

564b35c9e8254.jpg

Interesting that Hazama and Tager have such a low rating. We all know that the changes to his Ouroboros-Drive were multiple slaps to the face but still... And many assumed after the first two location tests that Tager will become even stronger in Centralfiction with the new mechanics and the buffs. It intrigue me what they have changed. Taokaka is also a mixed bag like Naoto.

I wouldn't trust the second reviewer's score, lol. Apparently she's new to BlazBlue and is just there to give a perspective from "a woman and a novice".