kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

*Reads Evernote ratings.

*Reads Azrael notes.

*Sees a rating of 11/10.

Oh behave Azrael-san :v:.

I'm curious why the reviewer would give Naoto that low a rating. I mean, not that I'm an expert on character evaluation, but from what was shown I'd place him a tad higher. Nothing suggests he's OPAF, but still I can't quite put him that low either. Then again, we'll know more once people start figuring stuff out post game release.

Reading further, I like that Lambda has been made better if the rating is a fair indicator. I didn't like how Nu-13 was cream of the crop in EX while Lambchops got smacked on. Also happy to hear Mu-12 has 5C>6C on standing opponents. Rock on my exhibitionist Murakumo gal. About the only thing that scares me is Izayoi's rating. I dunno about anyone else, but in EX I had a terrible time with her and her zooming around left and right. But I suppose I'll need to git gud and considering Azrael's in my main armory, I think I should be alright. And can we have a small wave of applause for Terumi climbing up the totem pole?

On the subject of Nine, I like what I am hearing. Can't wait to see it in action soon.

58 minutes ago, MLSTRM said:

So now for the most important question about Nine, when are we getting a new subforum :P

I imagine when you guys have substantial things to discuss and not simply theory fighter and bestiality jokes #kappa

2 hours ago, gamester said:

Seeing that evernote. Rachel rating 3 leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. ;____;

Pumpkin removal is still an idea I disagree with but all I can do is hope for it's return and work with what we've got. Doubt Arc would bring it back in a later release :(

I feel you.  I feel like Pumpkin is the only thing that she has to make the opponents respect her in neutral.  I don't see how she can compete with other characters anymore in neutral.  Its really dumb.  It makes me feel like the work I am putting into Rachel isnt worth it considering she may be ass in a year.

I wonder how we're going to annotate Nine's spells in combos and discussion. I've been giving it some thought, maybe we can call the spells something like [FFF] or [FWI] where F stands for fire W for water and I for wind..?

so single fire would be [F] fire + wind would be [FI] and so forth?

in situations where there's no elements loaded, something like [N] or [Null] would work.

I think we ought to create some kind of naming shorthand so we can talk about her various spells and the various states her drive can be in. Let me know what you all think about this one.

That's pretty much what the spell annotations are going to be, unless the abbreviations can become easier somehow. 

I wanted to avoid A because of it being a common letter in combos already (5A, 6A, 236A, you know...)

Wi for wind or wa for water is fine, one extra letter lol. F or fi for fire. So long as the discussion is about nine and the correct spell annotations are in these [] brackets, I don't think there will be too much confusion. We already have several characters who use this system, so it's pretty much the language

people who frequent the subforums will eventually make their own slang for the terms, but as pseudo-official reference these annotations are good.

I think F = Fire, A = Air/Wind, and W = Water is good. To reduce confusion about what "A" refers to, just put spells in brackets.

So, instead of 236A, 236[A]. Then we can do things liker 236[AAA] and 236[FAW]

56 minutes ago, mAc Chaos said:

Is there only one pic of Nine gameplay so far? Or are there more out there?

Just the one, as the full article/magazine hasn't been released yet.

2 minutes ago, Karsticles said:

I think F = Fire, A = Air/Wind, and W = Water is good. To reduce confusion about what "A" refers to, just put spells in brackets.

That'd be obnoxious to people unfamiliar with Nine, since a bracketed input typically refers to it being held, such as [4]6B, or 6[D]. So if Nine actually had a 236A special input, people could assume 236[A] meant you hold down A during the special.

1 minute ago, Karsticles said:

I'll agree to this one. '3'

2 hours ago, Vulcan422 said:

[F] = Fire

[WA] = Water

[WI] = Wind

[F/F/F] = Fire Fire Fire

[F/WA/WI] = Fire Water Wind

And so on and so forth.

To be honest, I think this is the best format.

Honestly, I don't think any given player that actually wants to play or is at least interested in checking Nine out would be confused regarding her spells unless they don't know how to read numerical notations in the first place. Now I'm sure there's is newbies out there that are picking up a fighting game for the first time ever and they could look at Nine and be confused as hell, but I should think that most people would do their research on a character first before they check out their (written) technical aspects.

58 minutes ago, Chaoschao222 said:

That'd be obnoxious to people unfamiliar with Nine, since a bracketed input typically refers to it being held, such as [4]6B, or 6[D]. So if Nine actually had a 236A special input, people could assume 236[A] meant you hold down A during the special.

Now this is true. You could always substitute a capital letter for a lower case one for her spell elements. Like Fire we could write as Fr, Wind as Wi (or Wd in case the lettering is too small) an finally Water as Wt. I dunno, just an idea I guess.

I am fine with this format of F/Wi/Wa but maybe if there's multiple elements we should use a number. So like, instead of 236236D(F/F/F) put in 236236D(Fx3).