kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

24 minutes ago, Fenris said:

To be honest, I was hoping they'd have her dress a bit more conservatively. I mean, I know, this is Nine and all, but was there no way to strike a happy medium with regards to her revealing design? Also, while I'm okay with the design overall, the boob bit is driving me nuts. How the fuck are those nip-covers being held in place? Are they just magicked there?

Well, she WAS dressed a bit more conservatively in her normal form, but now she's crazy and evil so I guess that means she's less clothed.  That's a rule if Noel/Mu was anything to go by.

So maybe its because CPEX increased the overall damage, but does notice how no character has done significant damage outside of Counter Hits? Even with CH's, most of the cast are barely breaking 4k lol. 

I know its Day 1 and it will probably change later, but its my first impressions so far.

A lot of characters lost combo rate and got some pretty important P2 nerfs. I know Rel has.

Combine that with combo time being lowered and you have a recipe for low damage.

It's day 2 though so I'm sure with a bit of time most people's damage will rise by 200~500 midscreen and 500~1000ish in corner with time.

19 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

Well, she WAS dressed a bit more conservatively in her normal form, but now she's crazy and evil so I guess that means she's less clothed.  That's a rule if Noel/Mu was anything to go by.

Yeah, that's what I was hoping that her new outfit would look like or be similar to. Part of me suspected that it might end being fanservice-y, though, but this is just...bleh. lol

Overall, it's an okay design save for that boob bit. I hate it, hate it, hate it. lol

Sorry for the poor quality. Pulled it from a stream. Anyway, Nine's stage is:

Purgatorium

"God takes soonest those he loveth best"

Phantom Field

Purgatorium.png

36 minutes ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

So maybe its because CPEX increased the overall damage, but does notice how no character has done significant damage outside of Counter Hits? Even with CH's, most of the cast are barely breaking 4k lol. 

I know its Day 1 and it will probably change later, but its my first impressions so far.

Can't link it atm, but I saw a clip on Twitter of Noel doing 4.1k off raw 5B.

Give them some time.

Please return to discussing gameplay. If you want to talk aesthetics, keep it to "I was hoping Nine would look more like [character/her story mode form/whatever]" rather than "so fanservice" and "how women are portrayed in video games." (It's not that the latter isn't an important subject, but either start a thread for discussion of women in BB or drop it. This isn't the thread.)

7 minutes ago, Orihalcon said:

Snip

You seem to care a bit more than the people "complaining" to write all of that. Like you said. No one really cares. Relax.

1) Nine is clothed compared to other BB gals, even compared to her earlier "awakened phantom" form. You are 8(?) games too late..

2) Her boobs and design are pretty good, with a refreshing colour palette. I wouldn't be surprised if mori took his time with the character because he didn't know how to make her "special" looking. Then after danmachi came out he was like "that it! let's combine hestia ribbon with dragon's crown sorcerer look, time to release nine guyz!"

3) She sounds like a complicated character. I wonder if good players with her are gonna be as scarce as with the other "hard" characters.

I'll give it a week at best before characters start pumping out some serious Persona 4 Arena damage (well maybe not to that much). This is the most exciting time for Blazblue, watching as optimal combos are being developed. Then comes the worst times, waiting for it to release in the west.

I find that somewhat likely too.

Plus, it's an outright new BB game - usually there's a bunch of BS in the original version, and then they tone it down.

Anyway, I'm playing Nine.

34 minutes ago, Lord Knight said:

Can't link it atm, but I saw a clip on Twitter of Noel doing 4.1k off raw 5B.

Give them some time.

WELP.

But on a gameplay note, Nine sounds a lot like how Dormammu worked in the mess that was MVC3, albeit far more streamlined and centered around the mechanic rather than simply having it to have it.  It'll be nice to see her in action beyond the trailer.

8 minutes ago, mixedmethods said:

Please return to discussing gameplay. If you want to talk aesthetics, keep it to "I was hoping Nine would look more like [character/her story mode form/whatever]" rather than "so fanservice" and "how women are portrayed in video games." (It's not that the latter isn't an important subject, but either start a thread for discussion of women in BB or drop it. This isn't the thread.)

Beat me to it.

Listen to the man.

Every time a new character comes out we go through this time loop. Keep all the art critique stuff to its own thread, just not here.

www.twitter.com/lordknightbb

Sorry I can't post the screenshots directly atm, but I posted a bunch here if anyone wants to look.  I capped her:

1) Dash

2) God Hand (overhead)

3) Sylph spell

4) Normals

5) Win pose (bonus!)

6) Crimson Raid

1 minute ago, mAc Chaos said:

Beat me to it.

Listen to the man.

Every time a new character comes out we go through this time loop. Keep all the art critique stuff to its own thread, just not here.

Ironically, I'm a woman.... :lol:

So she has a godhand special. That's pretty cool. Now I'm wondering what type of properties her glass screen (mirror?) has. Seems like it could be used in the same manner as Mitsuru's Bufula if the stars align.

2 minutes ago, pokemonblaze234 said:

Just gotta say that the only character that I've seen do dmg day 1 is Terumi.

I'm also noticing that they are having trouble figuring out meter efficient routes. Hopefully a lab rat surfaces soon.

30 minutes ago, Fame96 said:

I'm also noticing that they are having trouble figuring out meter efficient routes. Hopefully a lab rat surfaces soon.

Right now, everyone is the metaphorical rat in a maze trying to find that delicious cheese. Even if we don't see it happening, chances are that people are spending their yens and putting in the time to figure stuff out. Dunno about anyone else, but I am super-hype to see how several characters have changed up from CPEX. If I still believed in Santa Claus I'd think my Christmas presents arrived early.

Nine really resembles the sorceress from dragons crown. Even her boobs have the same hilarious jiggle. (Although the sorceress was absolutely, 200% fan service)

so so is she like a fortune teller or something?

3 hours ago, Orihalcon said:

But on a gameplay note, Nine sounds a lot like how Dormammu worked in the mess that was MVC3, albeit far more streamlined and centered around the mechanic rather than simply having it to have it.  It'll be nice to see her in action beyond the trailer.

It definitely seems more like the character was built around the gimmick in this case, the real interesting part will be seeing how her playable version holds up to the boss one.