kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

1 hour ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

Because how often is anyone going to land an 8 star Mugen combo in the corner :V

It's hardly practical so I'd imagine it's just for flash.

From my perspective, that's exactly why it wouldn't matter if it was removed.

1 hour ago, mAc Chaos said:

Because it's fun.

It's fun for one person, and sucks for someone else?

Those Tager and Naoto OD combo's look possible on a punish. More so with Tager , since if he gets to hit you with a 5c during OD Raid you are losing alot of life

1 hour ago, BlackYakuzu94 said: Because how often is anyone going to land an 8 star Mugen combo in the corner :V

1 hour ago, mAc Chaos said: Because it's fun.

So you just want it removed because you don't like it?

No fun allowed in this game I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, BlackYakuzu94 said: Because how often is anyone going to land an 8 star Mugen combo in the corner :V

1 hour ago, mAc Chaos said: Because it's fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Airk said:

Welcome to competitive games, it happens.

Nine just keeps looking cooler with every video I see of her. That large, flashy pillar attack she did in the trailer appears to be what happens after she places some kind of time bomb (fire water wind) on the opponent which seems to track the opponent/its probably unblockable. The strange thing about this spell is that it uses a purple color, but there's no ribbon for it, so maybe it means any color can be used? She did do another attack afterwards and the stock didn't change until she used the time bomb. I'm not sure if the attack itself is blockable or not, but it takes ten seconds for the timer to countdown, and chances are its removed on hit so not sure how practical it'll end up being.

The mirror thing (fire wind) doesn't appear to have a hitbox, so the bufula dream is dead. It does push back though, so maybe it'll have some use against characters that lack mobility. I still don't know for sure if she can gain stocks on block. She can't on whiff. Her godhand special doesn't utilize any stocks and appears to track the opponent. Seems pretty good if you can set up that fire storm (fire wind wind) spell.

Lastly, there's a visual indicator for whichever spell she can use with whatever combination she has at the moment. So you can get a read against her even if you haven't remembered the combinations.

11 minutes ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

At the end of the day, "because people (don't) like it" is the only thing that's really deciding anything in these games, so yes. 

Not everyone thinks dying to a loltacular combo every once in a while in trade for killing someone with a loltacular  combo once in a while is a positive trade for their fun.  That's all. 

3 minutes ago, Airk said:

At the end of the day, "because people (don't) like it" is the only thing that's really deciding anything in these games, so yes. 

Not everyone thinks dying to a loltacular combo every once in a while in trade for killing someone with a loltacular  combo once in a while is a positive trade for their fun.  That's all. 

Well then don't get hit by it :V 

Like, you're saying a character who runs on meter and resource management shouldn't get a big reward for expending said resources. So basically, you want them to completely neuter Hakumen because you can't deal with his stuff?

Just now, BlackYakuzu94 said:

Well then don't get hit by it :V 

Like, you're saying a character who runs on meter and resource management shouldn't get a big reward for expending said resources. So basically, you want them to completely neuter Hakumen because you can't deal with his stuff?

Nice straw man, no.

That's not even close to what was being discussed.  I guess I win. :P

Nine just keeps looking cooler with every video I see of her. That large, flashy pillar attack she did in the trailer appears to be what happens after she places some kind of time bomb (fire water wind) on the opponent which seems to track the opponent/its probably unblockable. The strange thing about this spell is that it uses a purple color, but there's no ribbon for it, so maybe it means any color can be used? She did do another attack afterwards and the stock didn't change until she used the time bomb. I'm not sure if the attack itself is blockable or not, but it takes ten seconds for the timer to countdown, and chances are its removed on hit so not sure how practical it'll end up being.

The mirror thing (fire wind) doesn't appear to have a hitbox, so the bufula dream is dead. It does push back though, so maybe it'll have some use against characters that lack mobility. I still don't know for sure if she can gain stocks on block. She can't on whiff. Her godhand special doesn't utilize any stocks and appears to track the opponent. Seems pretty good if you can set up that fire storm (fire wind wind) spell.

Lastly, there's a visual indicator for whichever spell she can use with whatever combination she has at the moment. So you can get a read against her even if you haven't remembered the combinations.

It looks like the dark color is the default D attack when she has no stocks

I've also noticed that in Overdrive she seems to get stock on whiff as well

1 minute ago, Airk said:

Nice straw man, no.

That's not even close to what was being discussed.  I guess I win. :P

I mean, what you basically said amounted to "I don't like getting hit with big damage combos, plz nerf", but just kind of ignored what's needed to even get that damage to begin with.

But sure fine, you "win" I guess? I didn't know this was a competition.

16 minutes ago, Airk said:

real talk? damn. that's some insight into how game balancing goes down right there. thanks

7 hours ago, NaotoKuroShiro said:

So her teleport was actually just her dash? then its like azrael's dash.

I hope nine get's a margaret palette, they're too similar to not have one.

Can you list their similarities?

It seems like Nine has an anti-air/low/poke of each element, so you aren't restricted in your spacing or mixup needs.

12 minutes ago, Karsticles said:

Can you list their similarities?

It seems like Nine has an anti-air/low/poke of each element, so you aren't restricted in your spacing or mixup needs.

well gameplay wise and aesthetic wise I think they look similar at least, they're both very sexy lol both can control several elements, nine can teleport like margaret (to an extent) and has an attack that is similar to god hand, I wasn't being too technical though, these are some similarities I just came up with.

anyway this isn't zepp so I better not talk about it again lol.

The only things Nine and Margaret have in common are that they are both tall, female, and have God Hand.

1 minute ago, Lord Knight said:

The only things Nine and Margaret have in common are that they are both tall, female, and have God Hand.

And their knockdown sprites. But yeah, this connection is still a bit farfetched.

I've noticed something strange about exceed accel's animations... If you watch latest videos' EA and you compare with the EA screenshots on the official website you see that something is different. I mean, website screenshot's EA are prettier, drawings are richer and they have special colours effects... (I refer only to Amane and Arakune's EA cause I don't know other EA). 

So I guess that maybe actual game version is not definitive.... What do you think? 

I can't compare because I don't actually know what differences you're talking about, but you're keeping in mind that the EA's are somewhat different during AF, right?

1 minute ago, Chaoschao222 said:

I can't compare because I don't actually know what differences you're talking about, but you're keeping in mind that the EA's are somewhat different during AF, right?

Mmh you mean that EA and EA during AF are different ? They have richer animations? 

2 minutes ago, antonymichiru said:

Mmh you mean that EA and EA during AF are different ? They have richer animations? 

Depends on what you mean by "richer," as that's pretty vague. But yes, EA and EA during AF are different. How different varies from character to character. Some get entire new animations added to their EA, some just get an existing animation extended.

1 hour ago, SoWL said:

And their knockdown sprites. But yeah, this connection is still a bit farfetched.

When Margaret's trailer was revealed (yes, based on her trailer alone, seriously people...) some people were calling her "Persona's Kokonoe" so I guess we've come full circle with this silliness.

I mean in this case, we have footage of her (Unlimited mode notwithstanding) - so it's pretty easy for me to say, lol.

45 minutes ago, Lord Knight said:

I mean in this case, we have footage of her (Unlimited mode notwithstanding) - so it's pretty easy for me to say, lol.

Yes I know, I'm talking about people who jump to ridiculous conclusions with no basis.