kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

4 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

Yes I know, I'm talking about people who jump to ridiculous conclusions with no basis. 

...but nobody did that so far lol, all I said was that she reminded me of margaret in some ways both in terms of looks and gameplay, like I said before that's just me, I didn't say she's was op or even imply it and I didn't expect anybody to agree with me, if I'd known things would be like this I wouldn't have said my opinion lol.

Do any non-playable characters, such as Mai, Kajun or Es, get mentioned in the arcade routes? That might serve as an indication of who will get added in the console release.

45 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

Do any non-playable characters, such as Mai, Kajun or Es, get mentioned in the arcade routes? That might serve as an indication of who will get added in the console release.

Remember when Jubei was mentioned in the arcade mode?

Sorry, I started checking up on CF pretty late. What do we know about Nine's mechanics? I could only find one vid of her and couldn't really tell what was going on with the quality. Thanks.

1 hour ago, SoWL said:

Remember when Jubei was mentioned in the arcade mode?

I'm not saying that characters that get brought up are guaranteed to be playable, however I think that a character that seems to be relevant to the plot is more likely to be in the game than one who is completely ignored.

52 minutes ago, Corbenik said:

Sorry, I started checking up on CF pretty late. What do we know about Nine's mechanics? I could only find one vid of her and couldn't really tell what was going on with the quality. Thanks.

She doesn't have a drive, that's probably the main thing about her atm and her other buttons are different elements, water for A, wind for B and fire for C if I'm not mistaken.

Does any of those "easy mode overpowered loops" can be used as bnbs or even just doesn't need conditions that would happen in like one match out of a hundred? If that's just for things like a corner punish with a low life raw od plus AF and some supers, then it's not really a problem.

On Fri 20 Nov 2015 01:19:52 PM, SoWL said:

It wasn't that bad, actual sorcery plays a large role of her itentity.

It seems that a lot of high-damage combos are ended with EA, even though I thought it's supposed to be a rather bad ender. Does it still do good damage even with all the proration?

Ending a full combo with EA gives you no dmg, but it gives you AF, so there's kinda no reason not to end an OD combo with EA unless you are trying to kill/you already got AF that round.

2 hours ago, Maho said:

Does any of those "easy mode overpowered loops" can be used as bnbs or even just doesn't need conditions that would happen in like one match out of a hundred? If that's just for things like a corner punish with a low life raw od plus AF and some supers, then it's not really a problem.

Cf seems centered around loops. Seems a bit homogenized to me.... Not really liking it. However some chars really benefit from their loops so.

It's a bit early to say that CF is centered around loops I think, those are usually found pretty fast so we'll have to wait to see if any are really optimal.

43 minutes ago, pokemonblaze234 said:

unless you are trying to kill

Which is kinda the point of these showcase max-damage combos.

When the time loops came back, so then did the other loops. Bray Brue Kuso Fiction!

(Kiddin' of course)

So I've heard reports that SMP has been removed from specials and normals and I've heard reports that it's still on specials, just that it only affects damage. Which is true?

The latter, I don't know if certain normals retained their SMP though.

This new approach looks much better on paper than the shitty CP SMP mechanic, but if this loop thing gets out of hand they should definitely increase the damage penalty of SMP. Meaning you could use a special both as filler and ender, without ruining your knockdown. And maybe add SMP into some normals if they haven't already.

I've seen Jin combos which utilize Sekkajin both as a filler and as the combo ender, and its damage was something like <50 the second time around though

11 hours ago, ivanchu77 said:

ummmm it´s safe to say this game is broken as shit right now? everyone has easy mode overpowered loops lol

I don't see that at all. The loops are generally lower damage than what was doable prior for most chars. How easy it is to do them doesn't really matter since in the end people will want to do the optimal stuff which likely isn't easymode lulz loops like the thing Tager does with 5A 2C GF 4 times in a row. I'm sure he can get combos that don't include 4 5As to kill damage with lol.

Personally I'm just hoping that combos don't last for fucking years. 

As much as I hate Ragna's (especially CPEX) "Let me string together 4k damage with one combo that looked like it should've ended 3 times", straight up loops are even worse.

1 minute ago, FinalDoomGuy said:

Personally I'm just hoping that combos don't last for fucking years. 

As much as I hate Ragna's (especially CPEX) "Let me string together 4k damage with one combo that looked like it should've ended 3 times", straight up loops are even worse.

Well we have combo time systems still in place (and I believe the scaling is more severe as combos go on now) so it shouldn't be longer in any case.

IMHO the game is much better off given what we've seen in the last ~60 hours.

The balance in CP was, across its lifespan, an absolute catastrophe. Probably the most poorly balanced franchise of the modern era. If cast members remain distinct in CF and manage to carry with them the things that enable self-expression and allow people to be happy, I would much rather everyone just have bananas ass damage and loops spewing out of every orifice. 

Let's party.

21 minutes ago, 9:02 PM said:

IMHO the game is much better off given what we've seen in the last ~60 hours.

The balance in CP was, across its lifespan, an absolute catastrophe. Probably the most poorly balanced franchise of the modern era. If cast members remain distinct in CF and manage to carry with them the things that enable self-expression and allow people to be happy, I would much rather everyone just have bananas ass damage and loops spewing out of every orifice. 

Let's party.

you. i like you.

44 minutes ago, 9:02 PM said:

The balance in CP was, across its lifespan, an absolute catastrophe. Probably the most poorly balanced franchise of the modern era.

Ok, balance may not be perfect in the series, but I think that's tiny bit of a stretch to be taking...